Federal and Speer usung SPP in 10mm now.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    I have given in for 45acp and now "stock" both large and small primer brass. I use Lee turret press so a minor inconvenience to pull a brass that does not fit the primer I'm using. Can also then load with either brass to better align with my primer availability.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I just found out the hard way. I bought 200 ofb and had to hand sort for primer pocket sizes.
    I've switched 308, 6.5CM, GRENDEL, everything I have to small primer and I have had nothing but positive results, extended pocket life etc.. the only thing I had to do was adjust my charges a tad. Its allowed me to consolidate to basically one type of primer.. I do still have one cal that uses a larger primer but there is alot of advantages imo to simplification.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've switched 308, 6.5CM, GRENDEL, everything I have to small primer and I have had nothing but positive results, extended pocket life etc.. the only thing I had to do was adjust my charges a tad. Its allowed me to consolidate to basically one type of primer.. I do still have one cal that uses a larger primer but there is alot of advantages imo to simplification.

308 is SRP now also?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have given in for 45acp and now "stock" both large and small primer brass. I use Lee turret press so a minor inconvenience to pull a brass that does not fit the primer I'm using. Can also then load with either brass to better align with my primer availability.
    I just moved them to my 45acp bag that has spp. I don't have enough of both to bother with them yet

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    This makes me happy
    Me too.. ive definitely already noticed that at X number of reloads they are tighter than X used to be with large primers so im hoping this in the end equals out to at least 3 or 4 more loads per case.. maybe more.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well I made the mistake of getting into 10mm during a primer draught

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Well I made the mistake of getting into 10mm during a primer draught

I got a few bags of this to try and so far it's working great.. if you decide to try, let me know and I can give you some pointers or there are plenty of youtubes on doing it.. its time consuming but pretty easy

Top Bottom