• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The public faith in the health and medical field has unfortunately deteriorated a lot in the last decade or more.
    I'd say the edited statement is more accurate (I'm sure there's got to be survey data to back that up). I don't think the field as a whole has changed significantly in the last 30 years.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'd say the edited statement is more accurate (I'm sure there's got to be survey data to back that up). I don't think the field as a whole has changed significantly in the last 30 years.

More JK silliness. Not a thing has changed in the medical field. I'll start a list for you to catch up with. Other feel free to add to this list.

Obummercare

Hospital groups buying most of the medical practices.

Thousands of doctors closing their practices because of mandates they couldn't afford.

Doctors are largely now employees not independent.

The nurses, PA's and staff are mostly hospital employees not employees of independent practices.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This guy got older too
    417938-g-ent-120615-doogie-neil.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

It has become a hell of a lot more effective with serious illnesses.

But when politics enters the fold, things go downhill fast. That's the case in almost every field.
    When a doctor is barred from giving a medication due to politics, that's where things fall apart.

There's no excuse for them barring the prescription of hydroxy, ivermectin, or any of the other medications if the doctor believes their use is in the best interest of the patient.

It's becoming a completely political game at the very top, as I bet allowance for certain drugs is split right down party lines.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It has become a hell of a lot more effective with serious illnesses.

But when politics enters the fold, things go downhill fast. That's the case in almost every field.
    When a doctor is barred from giving a medication due to politics, that's where things fall apart.

There's no excuse for them barring the prescription of hydroxy, ivermectin, or any of the other medications if the doctor believes their use is in the best interest of the patient.

It's becoming a completely political game at the very top, as I bet allowance for certain drugs is split right down party lines.
    AFAIK, the problem isn't that the doctors CAN'T, it's that they WON'T despite patient demands. And people are falling into Dunning-Kreuger gap all over the place...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Had another incidence of COVID stupidity today. Girlfriend has a fever and tried to get a Doctor's appointment. Doctor doesn't want to see her. When, before COVID, did Doctor's not want you to come in and see them when you were sick? Never, that's when. I've gone to the Doctor sick more times then I can count and was never told to not come in, unless the Doctor didn't have a slot open and just called me in some antibiotics or something. What a crock of :poop:. Our medical communities are playing this up for no reason other than politics. They must think we're all pretty stupid if they don't think we're wise to this garbage.
    I've was told not to bring my son in when he had Chicken Pox and that was long before covid. I've known other people who have been told not to come in for that and other easily recognizable and highly contagious diseases.

I've also known people that were told to come to the back door and knock. Dr/nurse met them there.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've was told not to bring my son in when he had Chicken Pox and that was long before covid. I've known other people who have been told not to come in for that and other easily recognizable and highly contagious diseases.

I've also known people that were told to come to the back door and knock. Dr/nurse met them there.
    Chicken Pox is pretty easily diagnosed without having to be seen. A fever can be the result of a lot of things. Having the patient wait in their car or some such is one thing. Refusing to see them is another.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    AFAIK,

Nothing but the vaccine works, nothing. Except when it doesn’t work, but that’s only because of people who didn’t get it.

The vaccine absolutely reduces the seriousness of the infection if you’ve been vaccinated, unless you’re one of the people who the virus wouldn’t have affected anyway, then it doesn’t work but the vaccine gets the credit anyway.

If anything else is used to treat a Covid patient, it didn’t work, was a waste of time and money because they just would have gotten better anyway or wouldn’t have gotten sick at all had they been vaccinated. Unless they were one of the people who would have gotten sick in spite of the vaccine because it works so well.

The dumbass-vaxxer defect is going full steam.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    AFAIK,

Nothing but the vaccine works, nothing. Except when it doesn’t work, but that’s only because of people who didn’t get it.

The dumbass-vaxxer defect is going full steam.
    Hmmm. I think your other post is more accurate.

Precisely. This country was once inhabited by courteous, respectful people but that has been trained out of our society. It'll come back some day but not before people start going hungry and that ain't gonna be a lot of fun for anyone.

Edit: How can you expect courtesy and understanding, when you aren't willing to extend it?

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hmmm. I think your other post is more accurate.

Edit: How can you expect courtesy and understanding, when you aren't willing to extend it?
    Oh I'm sorry, can you dish out condescension but not take it or do you simply not realize that you do it to begin with? You consider yourself smarter than anyone who questions the validity of your sources and you ignore any information to the contrary, am I not allowed that same courtesy?

I extend courtesy to everyone initially. Once they've shown they have no desire to do the same I alter my behavior to mirror theirs, sometimes I'll admit I go a bit farther if they've pissed me off.

I don't talk down about anyone who has chosen to get the vaccine. You cannot say the same for those who haven't. Find a mirror.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom