• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wouldn’t believe this until the warrant comes out. And even then, there’s no upside for Trump to retain nuclear secrets (unless it shows corruption in the government.)

While certainly sensitive materiel I not getting why any departing president would want to keep stuff like that. It's only use woud be to sell it to the chinese.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I don't like that mapping. You can be libertarian, and conservative, or progressive all the way to the most extreme corners of the map. For example, BigRed doesn't fit well on that map. He is very conservative. Very libertarian. At least in terms of wanting to abolish the central state. So he's close to an anarcho-capitalist. And that viewpoint can't be mapped on that compass. On the other side of it, the anarcho-communists, like most of Antifa, can't be mapped on that compass.

View attachment 217241
    This map allows for more accurate mapping of political views in my opinion. But I think a definition of "sane" needs to be included. So imagine a circle centered in the middle, the edges of which intersects the axes about 2/3 towards the edges of the square. I'd call that the sane middle. So if you're mapped outside of that circle, you're in the bat-**** crazy zone. So Gary Johnson would be mapped just outside of the sane circle but still in the green quadrant.

Antifa would be mapped in the most extreme lower left corner, well outside the sane zone. If you're willing to do violence to force your political goals on everyone else, you're far outside of the sane zone.
    Exactly!!!!
    You can’t put people in a box!!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I've always been good at failing to conform to expectations.
    Hey I consider myself in good company, as a lefty.
    Growing up lefty though I knew I wanted to shoot righty, and right eye dominant. No way was I going down the path of left handed holsters and AR’s.
    I, too, intend to fail at confirming to others’ expectations.

Sorry for the derail, treating this like it’s a gun forum or something.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    You might be (?) surprised to learn that you and I could probably find a lot of common ground.
    This.
    Sounds to me we are all a lot more alike than we are different, @LeftyGunner

We might see it and say it different, and sometimes people argue just to argue (not you here), but dang there is some common ground here.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Exactly!!!!
    You can’t put people in a box!!

Well, you do have to poke holes in the box first...

An NLP precept is "the map is not the terrain."

While we put labels on things as convenient shorthand, they are not the entirety of a thing, person or ideology. There's always going to be individual differences, disagreements and inconsistency between dogmas and application. Then there's the differences over what a label actually means, even people who say they are say "conservatives" would disagree on what it actual means.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hillary seems Teflon-coated, the Clinton’s bodies seem to stay well buried, it would take a force of nature to nail her down.
    Lock her up. I think it's at least for the benefit of all society that no one has to look at her face again. But if that's not reason enough the email thing is enough.

Fauci? What did he do that rises to a criminal level? To me he’s just a worker bee, passing on the decrees of the bureaucracy.
    Remains to be seen. If it is proven that he went around the prohibition on gain of function research in Woohan, IANAL but it seems like some law has been broken. At least fire the guy and take away his pension. But if that's not enough, so that no one ever has to see his face, that would be enough.

Pelosi? Seems like the SEC would be the group to look into her.
    Yeah. SEC should charge her and lock her up.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yeah. SEC should charge her and lock her up.
    SEC can't lock anyone up. They are a civil regulatory agency. And as useless as **** on a boar hog.

They call their penalties "fines." As far as I'm concerned, they are just taking their cut. Usually from the same bastards that they were just employed by before they joined the SEC.

It's a big club...

Top Bottom