• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe you just do not see how dire and serious this situation is right this moment and a trillion here and there is not going to change that in light of the overall debt. Without devastating our whole way of life debt management must be slow and methodical but if we do not save the country from these leftists it will not matter. It is the priorities…
    Why not both? :dunno:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Biden Bumbles Into Bigly Backfire

If this is the whole gist of what this raid is about, then the Republican hearings come January 2023 are going to be on fire... :flamethrower:

“Trump declassified whole sets of materials in anticipation of leaving government that he thought the American public should have the right to read themselves,” Kash Patel, a former top Trump administration official, told Breitbart News in a phone interview in May. According to Patel, the classification markings just had not been updated.

“The White House counsel failed to generate the paperwork to change the classification markings, but that doesn’t mean the information wasn’t declassified,” Patel added. “I was there with President Trump when he said ‘We are declassifying this information.’”

Patel served as the Pentagon chief of staff as well as principal deputy to the acting director of national intelligence. He is also a former National Security Council aide, former top House Intelligence Committee staffer, and former federal prosecutor and public defender.

“This story is just another disinformation campaign designed to break the public trust in a president that lived on transparency. It’s yet another way to attack Trump and say he took classified information when he did not,” he added.

“The story says the National Archives found the documents had classification markings on them. That doesn’t mean that they were not declassified. All previously classified documents have classification markings on them, it shows they used to be classified. It’s petty bureaucracy at its finest, government simpletons not following a president’s orders to have them marked ‘declassified.’ The president has unilateral authority to declassify documents — anything in government. He exercised it here in full,” Patel explained.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Important context, Trump was co-operating with the National Archives, so this raid was a political show. Unless, something else is in the sealed warrant, this isn't going to play well.

February 8, 2022, statement

Throughout the course of the last year, NARA obtained the cooperation of Trump representatives to locate Presidential records that had not been transferred to the National Archives at the end of the Trump administration. When a representative informed NARA in December 2021 that they had located some records, NARA arranged for them to be securely transported to Washington. NARA officials did not visit or "raid" the Mar-a-Lago property.

I've been bothered by this statement since I read it. The way it is phrased "has reached an intolerable state of weaponized politicization" leads one to believe that Kevin McCarthy believes there was a tolerable state of weaponized politicization before this raid.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), who is poised to possibly become speaker should Republicans win the majority in November’s midterm elections, vowed to launch oversight investigations into the Justice Department.
    “The Department of Justice has reached an intolerable state of weaponized politicization,” he said on Twitter. “Attorney General Garland, preserve your documents and clear your calendar.”

If the Republicans win, this point needs to be made if when they are throwing around names for speaker of the house.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    If Trump ran right now to vow to get rid of the FBI, IRS and the ATF and the election were fair....I would imagine even liberals would vote for him in a landslide, after all they would side with him as they want to defund the police.....shoot, he would probably even get ANTIFA on board. 120 million votes almost guaranteed....LOL. I just hope someone runs on that, could get rid of a few more alphabet agencies....but no way thats going to happen......CIA would pop a cap. I'm actually surprised they haven't already, they ain't as strong as they used to be I guess, and Schumer can't find anyone to do his dirty work.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nothing comes of this other than more political theater. Biden leaves office unaware of how disgraceful the Biden name will be considered for decades to come. Hunter retires to the island he bought from Epstein’s estate with Chinese and Ukrainian money he “earned” be selling political access and favors and lives happily ever after with a taxpayer funded crack factory and team of goons who enforce the “no females over 16 allowed” signs posted all over the island.

Nothing meaningful comes of this. At best a few assholes retire on their fat pensions with God knows how much additional tax (hush) money stuffed into their pockets on the way out the door.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    "Problematic" details of raid... stinks to high heaven.

@EricTrump when Pres Trump lawyers scrambled to raid she was told to stand in corner and demanded they shut security cameras…they didn’t

Habba said the agents came in wearing backpacks, and she was concerned that they could have planted things since they were trying to get the attorneys out of there.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I don't think the J6 commission is legally constituted, and thus lacks the power to subpoena. No one has tested that legality yet, but I bet Trump would - thus search warrant instead of subpoena

Anybody seen what judge signed it? Five bucks says it was a woman
    Steve Bannon ignored a subpoena from the House J6 committee and was found guilty in a show trial but will win long term on appeal. I agree with an earlier comment that this will legally drag out a long time and not affect a future Trump run in 2024. To me it's analagous to the ongoing and winning legalities of the last two years. It's not easily seen but it's there. Easy to point fingers and charge, long term optics and then a giant fail at the finish typically. The danger in all of this is the attack on Freedom and the Constitution by the desperation of those against our great Country.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Biden Bumbles Into Bigly Backfire

If this is the whole gist of what this raid is about, then the Republican hearings come January 2023 are going to be on fire... :flamethrower:

Yeah, something with this raid doesn't pass the smell test. Why would Trump take documents that were allegedly classified when he could've easily declassified everything before he left office that was supposedly taken. It doesn't make one lick of sense.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I've been bothered by this statement since I read it. The way it is phrased "has reached an intolerable state of weaponized politicization" leads one to believe that Kevin McCarthy believes there was a tolerable state of weaponized politicization before this raid.
    Very pithy, very pithy. Well put!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If Trump ran right now to vow to get rid of the FBI, IRS and the ATF and the election were fair....I would imagine even liberals would vote for him in a landslide, after all they would side with him as they want to defund the police.....shoot, he would probably even get ANTIFA on board. 120 million votes almost guaranteed....LOL. I just hope someone runs on that, could get rid of a few more alphabet agencies....but no way thats going to happen......CIA would pop a cap. I'm actually surprised they haven't already, they ain't as strong as they used to be I guess, and Schumer can't find anyone to do his dirty work.
    This is wishful thinking at best. If Trump said he wanted to defund police, I'd suspect leftists would be pulling money out of their own pockets to hand to local departments.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Important context, Trump was co-operating with the National Archives, so this raid was a political show. Unless, something else is in the sealed warrant, this isn't going to play well.

If the Republicans win, this point needs to be made if when they are throwing around names for speaker of the house.
    Fox News reported that one side is claiming that negotiations broke down and the other side is claiming they’ve been cooperative. Also yhat Trump’s legal team has a copy of the warrant and we’ll see if they’ll release that to the public.

Top Bottom