• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    It's not my main EDC; but, it still serves in the rotation.

bqXmQXB.jpg

Last edited:

Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle
    Personally I chose a .32ACP over the .380ACP. After reading several papers published in a medical journal by the then corner of NY City. He wrote how much more damage for size the .32ACP done over larger caliber guns. He stated how the .32 acted a lot like a overgrown .22 with a lot more power. It bounced around in the body cavity doing major damage while most any other round either passed through or stopped with low penetration not reaching major organs. Most of the persons blead out before medical help caused by a major blood vessel cut wit the bullet.
    So it’s funny but I never wanted 32 because 380 was so easy to find. Now it’s just as hard to find 380 as it is 32 so it might be a good time for me to switch over.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Ah so you are a classy dude lol. I love those grips with the stainless.
    I've been a Walther fanboy for all my life. My EDC since my early 20s was a .32 Walther PP. With 9 rounds of Winchester Silver tip, I never felt under armed. I swapped the PP for the Stainless PPK in 2003.

I was assimilated by the striker fired mindset a lustrum ago. So, I've added CCP, Q5 and PDP to the mix. But, I still love the PPK. I added those rosewood grips. I got a heck of a deal on the PPK.
    RXGJK0o.jpg

Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle
    I liked my original LCP; carried it for years. Then I upgraded to the LCP II and liked it even more...better trigger, last round hold open, and just shot it better. Then after reading reviews, and waiting almost 10 months to see how it was received, I traded in the LCP II for the LCP MAX...wow! Larger capacity, better grip, better sights, and just shoots better than the previous gens. Have shot hundreds of rounds and never had a gun or magazine malfunction. I carry it everyday and it just disappears in my pocket with another 12-round mag in my other pocket for a combined 25 rounds of self defense ammo...it's a great super concealable pistol!
    I’ve been looking into the max since I read this. You have definitely peaked my interest. What kind of holster do you run with it?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I’ve always liked the original lcp the best in 380. Currently pocket carry (backup)is the 22 lr version. Decided might as well have one I can enjoy at range unlike the 380.

armiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Have not found anything reliable in the 380, best I have found is the glock 42. Tried to like the Kahr models but not reliable, dont waste your time. Even after break in periods no luck.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Personally I chose a .32ACP over the .380ACP. After reading several papers published in a medical journal by the then corner of NY City. He wrote how much more damage for size the .32ACP done over larger caliber guns. He stated how the .32 acted a lot like a overgrown .22 with a lot more power. It bounced around in the body cavity doing major damage while most any other round either passed through or stopped with low penetration not reaching major organs. Most of the persons blead out before medical help caused by a major blood vessel cut wit the bullet.
    ^^^^this...Years ago I read, I believe, the same report, about the .32 being very effective, I traded an LCP for a P 32, have had it for years, then found another at a pawn shop...now I have 2....I know the whole "stopping power" thing, but another factor is that people don't want to "leak"..a .32 will cause "leaks" as will most guns......at this point I'm just invested in .32 ACP....

Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle
    I'm partial to the Colt .380. View attachment 226050
    ^^^^this...Years ago I read, I believe, the same report, about the .32 being very effective, I traded an LCP for a P 32, have had it for years, then found another at a pawn shop...now I have 2....I know the whole "stopping power" thing, but another factor is that people don't want to "leak"..a .32 will cause "leaks" as will most guns......at this point I'm just invested in .32 ACP....

This report made good points for both. Now i went from looking at 3 guns to like 8 haha. I may consider switching to .32.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

This report made good points for both. Now i went from looking at 3 guns to like 8 haha. I may consider switching to .32.

The Colt 1908 is simply the 1903 chambered for .380 so it's a strong gun for 32 ACP, and 1903s are very common. Careful loading of the 32 ACP can produce good results with a cast RNFP. I have read that bullets in the 90-100 grain range with hot charges were used by the OSS in WW2. Replace the old recoil spring with a good Wolff high power spring if you buy a 1903. A real piece of American history, Colt made a lot of them in the first few decades of the 20th century, a testament to their reliability and ergonomics.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I’ve been looking into the max since I read this. You have definitely peaked my interest. What kind of holster do you run with it?
    I run the Ruger pocket holster that came with the pistol. I've been carrying it 10 months now almost every single day and it continues to hold it's shape and stay put in my right front pocket when I draw the MAX. I figured I'd try the one provided first and see how it did. So far so good. Good luck Ed on your search and decision.

Virch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2018
    Greenville
    After firing a couple of buddies various LCPs (gen 1 and the Max), I picked up a Max. I like mine a lot and shoot it well. That said, I've been having rust issues with mine. Front of the slide, the mag release, and the portion of the slide that is against my waist have all gotten rust on them at some point in the last month.

Virch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2018
    Greenville
    Update to this. I switched to a Mika holster away from the leather holster I was using and the rust problems seemed to have stopped. I will see if this continues.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I’ve owned 4 of them. LCP I and II, Glock 42 and Kel Tec P3AT.

Glock 42 is the cream of the crop…. But it’s so much larger than the pocket 380s that it sorta defeats the purpose.

P3AT…. Did not like.

LCP I is my favorite. I carry it every day. Takes a lot of training to be proficient with.. but I can land 5 of 7 rounds on a man sized target at 40 yards under stress. Trigger does take time to get used to.

LCP II has better trigger and sights than the first Gen, I just don’t like the looks as much as gen 1.

I want to add something I think is overlooked. I view 380 as a SUPPLEMENTAL tool. It’s in my pocket the times I can’t get away carrying my G19. Bet money I’m carrying a 380 in my pocket when an unarmed guy with his 45 in the car tells me 380 isn’t enough. It’s NOT all or nothing. Full size when I can…. pocket gun when I need discretion. 9mm guns just can’t get as small and LIGHT as an LCP.
    49BFBF6F-C93B-479B-A8D9-B49E795CB0ED.jpeg
    Dual wielding pocket 380s means two in one hand!
    279AFA02-FD9B-4840-9106-05534BEFDD85.jpeg

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Out of curiosity, what do you dislike about the Bodyguard? It has the failings of any mouse gun, but any of the other choices do as well. IMO it's a good gun for what it is.

Hawkj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2022
    Westpoint, IN
    I like the Glock 42. It’s my wife’s gun but I tend to carry it often especially when strolling through the woods. I found it to be surprisingly accurate. Fits in my front pocket easy.

Top Bottom