• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Ed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Bloomington / South
    I can't pull off the j frame in a pocket either.

I do have a Colt Gov't 380 and really like it. It's my favorite followed closely by the CZ 83.
    Used to carry a pp.32 for work. Thought it was light on stopping pwr so started packing a Star PD in 45acp. Neither 380s but both cool old guns. Long before the polymer revolution.
    My first .380 was polymer, Gerndel 380. The one with the fixed 10 rd mag u loaded from the top.
    Bet it had a 20lb trigger. The good ole days

hoosiersasquatch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I’ve carried Keltec p3at for almost ten years. It has little finish left on it. It has never jammed with any ammo period. It will fire any kind of ammo. I probably have about 1000 rounds through it. I have a belt clip on it. Slips nicely between me and my belt. I have a 9 round mag +1. It still fits nicely in my pocket if I don’t put on my belt. Vest pocket carry mostly. Poor thing suffers from fuzzy barrel syndrome frequently. The larger mag gives A Lot purchase on the handle making it much easier to control And point. Laugh if want, I have $800 colt I cant shoot two in a row. My wife has s&w bodyguard. She will take my keltec. I also have a s&w ez380. It is big enough I use a holster with it. It usually only gets carried on the weekends because of this.
    I use the same setup, great pocket gun and American made

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    My daughter had one it was a jam o matic.
    I tried it because I thought she was limp wristing it. It was absolutely horrible.
    She traded it for a Rock Island 3" 1911 45acp, and I had my gunsmith polish it up for $75. It ran like a sewing machine.
    View attachment 237231

I have one and haven't have any issues, my friend has one with at least 4000 rounds through with no issues.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    The Glock-42. I think the trigger is much "better" but that's highly subjective. Also, I am drinking Kool aid made with holy water from the church of Glock, so (like everyone) my opinion is biased. :D

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    My first carry was Sig P238. I loved it. Easy to conceal, mild recoil, surprisingly accurate for a micro compact. I’ve since upgraded to a Kimber Micro 9. Feels the same to me as far as concealing. Recoil is snappier but it shoots good and is also surprisingly accurate.

Indiana Ed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Bloomington / South
    I had one of those. HORRIBLE trigger, and mine was a jam-o-matic. I didn't keep it very long.
    bought mine from a buddy that needed cash. Didnt keep long either. A .380 seacamp would be cool if reliable. But for a average dude a LCP would fit their needs. Seems to me it is a balancing act. You want enough gun. But you can have something that you will carry it all the
    time. If you only have cash for one gun you need
    to choose wisley. Big job for 1st time buyer.

Indiana Ed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Bloomington / South
    bought mine from a buddy that needed cash. Didnt keep long either. A .380 seacamp would be cool if reliable. But for a average dude a LCP would fit their needs. Seems to me it is a balancing act. You want enough gun. But you need to have something that you will carry it all the
    time. If you only have cash for one gun you need
    to choose wisley. Big job for 1st time buyer.

5point9

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    Noblesville
    I've tried a few .380's.. I think the LCP1 is pretty solid. It is not the most feature packed.. but for true pocket carry the long, hammer action is pretty comforting. A lot of people don't like the .380 round and I get it.. it's not over-whelming. But if you need something uber concealing and quick it's better than nothing.

WillH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 4, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    I would definitely check out the Colt Mustangs. It's kind of like a shrunk down 1911 chambered in .380. About the same size as a Glock 42. Really neat little handgun

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I pocket carry a little LCP with a laser. Nice little shooter, never a single issue and fits great in my shorts pocket, dont even know its there. I feel for the size, it seems very loud. I also have decent size hands so I really need to watch the slide, have been bit a few times.

I can also pocket carry my PPKS in my shorts, jeans, nope.

I carry Golden Sabers or Winchester PDX1s in my .380's.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I just picked up a Ruger LCP2 the other day and I'm hoping to get to the range tomorrow to put ~100 rounds through it to make sure it cycles well / to break it in.

I wanted a p238 but haven't been able to find one in anything other than tan and I really don't like the tan color.

I'll have to come back and post my thoughts on the LCP2 when I get a chance to shoot it. I have pretty big hands but this is my backup gun / pocket gun when I can't wear a normal holster or conceal a larger firearm.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I would definitely check out the Colt Mustangs. It's kind of like a shrunk down 1911 chambered in .380. About the same size as a Glock 42. Really neat little handgun
    The Mustang, P238 and the Kimber Micro 380 are pretty much the same gun, so much so that the mags are interchangable among them.

movevio1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2022
    Southeast Indiana
    I really like my mustang for pocket carry with a custom made leather concealment holster. Very compact and so far very reliable l

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    I’m finally wanting to upgrade my bodyguard 380. Looking at the kahr or the lcp2. Anybody have experience with them side by side or have another suggestion with a better trigger?
    I had both the kahr cw380 and Lcp-II. The cw380 is a bit heavier but much easier on the hand when shooting it. But the cw380 is stiffer to rack the slide.

Sold the lcp-ii still keep the cw380.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    I pocket carry my kimber micro 380 everyday for work. I use a vedder kydex pocket holster and always carry an extra mag also.

Top Bottom