• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Martinsville
    I've had a Kimber Micro 380 for 5 years now, carry it everyday at work, accurate, good trigger and has been very reliable and conceals easily in front pocket.

Gravyman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 21, 2022
    Fishers
    I feel like the LCP2 is unbeatable in this category as others have said. You could go lcp max but it will be very slightly thicker and heavier. Noticeable in a pocket possibly

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I’ve carried Keltec p3at for almost ten years. It has little finish left on it. It has never jammed with any ammo period. It will fire any kind of ammo. I probably have about 1000 rounds through it. I have a belt clip on it. Slips nicely between me and my belt. I have a 9 round mag +1. It still fits nicely in my pocket if I don’t put on my belt. Vest pocket carry mostly. Poor thing suffers from fuzzy barrel syndrome frequently. The larger mag gives A Lot purchase on the handle making it much easier to control And point. Laugh if want, I have $800 colt I cant shoot two in a row. My wife has s&w bodyguard. She will take my keltec. I also have a s&w ez380. It is big enough I use a holster with it. It usually only gets carried on the weekends because of this.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I’ve carried Keltec p3at for almost ten years. It has little finish left on it. It has never jammed with any ammo period. It will fire any kind of ammo. I probably have about 1000 rounds through it. I have a belt clip on it. Slips nicely between me and my belt. I have a 9 round mag +1. It still fits nicely in my pocket if I don’t put on my belt. Vest pocket carry mostly. Poor thing suffers from fuzzy barrel syndrome frequently. The larger mag gives A Lot purchase on the handle making it much easier to control And point. Laugh if want, I have $800 colt I cant shoot two in a row. My wife has s&w bodyguard. She will take my keltec. I also have a s&w ez380. It is big enough I use a holster with it. It usually only gets carried on the weekends because of this.
    Fuzzy barrel syndrome? Lint in barel?

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Its hard for me to decide honestly, i really like interarms era walther ppk and ppk/s pistols but also have a soft spot for the sig p230sl and colt mustang pocketlite.

I did have a Kahr cw380 for awhile and it was handy to carry in an ankle holster, but the gun was a pain to remove the slidestop for cleaning, all kahr pistols i have handled were like this. The trigger was a smooth dao however if you like that trigger type.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I feel like the LCP2 is unbeatable in this category as others have said. You could go lcp max but it will be very slightly thicker and heavier. Noticeable in a pocket possibly
    I've pocket carried all 3; original LCP (8 years), then LCP2 (2 years) and now the LCP Max (past year). I found very little significant difference between carrying all three. Sure, the LCP Max is a little heavier with double capacity but it's still barely noticeable. The wider grip, higher capacity, better trigger, last round hold open and night sights make the LCP Max such an easier choice, IMO.

It all comes down to what you're comfortable carrying AND shooting from the pocket draw. You've got to practice the pocket draw firing your .380 to get a feel for which one fits you the best...regardless of what we all say.

Carrying a spare mag in your other pocket is also great training for practicing mag reloads. Make sure you take the time to clean your pistol, mag and spare mags because pocket lint collects easily. But you find that out too when you practice...I know.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I carry my LCP if I need to pocket carry. I bought it when it was first released. Miserable sights, minimal as can be, but I still like it. Goes bang every time and is accurate enough for what it is.
    I have a glock 43 on my mind, but I don't think it'll replace the LCP. While likely better at everything, I'm just not sure if it will be as small and disappear in my pocket like the LCP. Time will tell.

Gravyman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 21, 2022
    Fishers
    I've pocket carried all 3; original LCP (8 years), then LCP2 (2 years) and now the LCP Max (past year). I found very little significant difference between carrying all three. Sure, the LCP Max is a little heavier with double capacity but it's still barely noticeable. The wider grip, higher capacity, better trigger, last round hold open and night sights make the LCP Max such an easier choice, IMO.

It all comes down to what you're comfortable carrying AND shooting from the pocket draw. You've got to practice the pocket draw firing your .380 to get a feel for which one fits you the best...regardless of what we all say.

Carrying a spare mag in your other pocket is also great training for practicing mag reloads. Make sure you take the time to clean your pistol, mag and spare mags because pocket lint collects easily. But you find that out too when you practice...I know.
    Interesting take. The lcp1 is still the least pleasant gun I've ever shot. I commend you for putting up with it for 8 years!

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Interesting take. The lcp1 is still the least pleasant gun I've ever shot. I commend you for putting up with it for 8 years!
    I agree it was snappy and trigger was crappy...no one else in my family ever wanted to shoot it a 2nd time...lol. But it fit my need of front pocket concealment. I really liked the LCP II; mine was in blue moonshine camo which was neat. It was a big improvement over the original. But when I handled the Max and saw the big list of improvements, I quickly traded it for the Max while I could still get a decent trade-in amount.

The LCP Max is so much better to shoot when I compare it to my original LCP; the sight alone makes a world of difference! Plus with the Max spare mag, I went from having 13 rounds to 25.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    If you want something with a good trigger, you need to go with a 1911 style gun... Nothing like a good single action.
    I will say though, the Sig P238, isn't the best 1911 style trigger out there by far, but for a little pocket gun... pretty nice.

Sig P238.JPG

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I have yet to find a .380 that I really like. The P3AT and LCP are snappy and have horrible sights. The PPK/P232/Bersa/Beretta 84/85/86 offerings are too big to justify the diminutive caliber, and won't work as pocket guns in normal pants. The P238 and Kimber Micro are great shooting little guns, but are also a bit large and heavy for a pocket, and I'm adverse to carrying a cocked-and-locked single-action in a pocket.

I have heard decent things about the Glock 42, and on paper it seems to address some of the issues that I've had with the guns listed above, but I have yet to actually shoot one myself. I'm still trying to get my hands on one to try.

My personal choice for a .38 caliber pocket gun is my S&W 640 Pro in .357 Magnum. It conceals well in my pocket, the grip design lends itself to quick and positive acquisition, and the DA trigger would take quite a bit of force to cause an ND (I also always use a holster and don't carry anything else in the pocket with the gun). The sights are excellent, and the weight of the steel frame makes it very shootable, even with heavy Magnum loads. I find mine more comfortable to shoot than the LCP.

Another benefit to the revolver is that it's not ammo or inertia dependent for proper function, and there's no slide or ejection to worry about if you have to fire it inside of a pocket or in muzzle contact with your target. You also get a true service-caliber in .38+p or .357, instead of the .380, which IMO is right on the bottom edge of acceptable potency.

The snubby revolver isn't the answer for all situations, but as a pocket gun I don't think there's any semi-auto out there in current production that can beat it.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Just to add my two cents, I carry a keltec or LCP in a uncle mikes pocket envelope about 24-7 reguardless of what’s on my belt. Keltec has been in my pocket for over 20 years. Always goes bang, but I’ve only got less than a hundred rounds through it. Looks, feels like a wallet

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    LCP Max is my 380 of choice for carry use. Had carried a LCP II but since buying the LCP Max I've not even fired the LCP II. The Max has real usable sights , totally reliable , decent accuracy , comfortable grip and very tolerable recoil for such a lightweight micro pistol. Far less than my Smith 642 revolver. Decent capacity too compared to something like my Glock 42.

Top Bottom