• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 360willys

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    South Bend
    I've carried a Glock 42 and could out shoot some of my Friends with their glock 17. My back up now is a teen year old Colt pocket lite. Its the only gun I've ever had to draw on someone. But the Colt is a nice little gun and very slim. The dude **** himself when I pulled it on him because he couldn't tell I was carrying. The cops exact words were i doubt you'll ever see that pos again.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    So it’s funny but I never wanted 32 because 380 was so easy to find. Now it’s just as hard to find 380 as it is 32 so it might be a good time for me to switch over.
    I've been carrying an absolutely flawless Keltec P32 for more than 20 years and 1,000 rounds. For the last several years, I've been getting Fiocchi 73 grain FMJ (my preferred carry ammo) from Georgia Arms. $28/50 rounds. I've never had a problem finding THIS ammo for it. I use this ammo for two reasons:

1.) It reliably penetrates out of my 2.7" barrel. It does not expand, ever. Penetration trumps expansion in any/all pocket calibers. Some SD/HP ammo will expand (32 ACP & .380). Those that intermittently expand, also intermittently over-penetrate. Those that expand every time tend to underpenetrate.

2.) It feeds, fires, extracts, and ejects every single time I pull the trigger.

There isn't a ton of difference between 32 ACP and .380 with respect to bullet diameter, muzzle velocity, or terminal ballistics. There is a huge difference between 9mm and 32 ACP. With 9mm handguns getting downright petite (P365, Hellcat), the .380 seems like the red-headed step-child of pocket pistols. If my Keltec P32 broke today, I'd go buy 2 more of them.

5point9

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    Noblesville
    I've had a couple of .380's. A Beretta Pico, LCP1, Kimber Micro and LCP Max. I never shot my LCP max (I sold), but I did end up shooting a friends. Then I bought a Glock 42.

Realistically, they each serve a purpose. The LCPs and the Pico are true pocket guns. Very small, lightweight and compact. The Kimber is as well, but it is a bit heavier. It could probably serve as a solid IWB gun too.

The LCP1 shot fine, but obviously does have some recoil. The Beretta falls into the same category. Let's face it, they are true quick pull, belly guns. The Kimber did shoot a bit smoother, probably due to the additional weight. The LCP Max also shot a bit smoother, but the trigger "bite" that I've heard about it true.. everyone complained that something was snagging at their finger. You could actually start to see some skin getting red/peeled back. Not sure exactly what is causing that?

I am not a Glock fanboy, but the 42 shoots 2-3x smoother, less recoil and is very accurate. Everyone that was shooting the Max and Glock agreed on this. You can watch Youtube vids and see the recoil reduction. However, admittingly, the Glock is a stretch for pocket carry. I can and do carry it pocket, but it prints. I think the Glock is designed for some pocket, but is more towards being a compact IWB gun chambered in .380 which some people like for less recoil.

So again, some different purposes.. depends on what you are looking for. I'll take the slightly larger Glock size and deal with it. The accuracy and recoil on it makes it very accurate and quick. And it has been flawless regardless of what ammo I put through it. With the exception of (my friends) Max, all the others have jammed at times.

CombatShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    NW
    Glad to see the remarks about the Bersa. I have a winter house in Florida and took a Thunder380cc down there to carry. Its a little big for lightweight clothes but works. I have an LCP here that I should've taken instead just due to the clothing but will probably look for another LCP or similar smaller piece

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I certainly agree that the G42 was a very smooth shooter. I got out of the.380 game when I sold it.
    That ammo is unrealistically more expensive.
    With so many micro 9’s, I cannot see myself going back to that round.

HalfGlocked

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Like @Bassat I've also carried a flawless Kel-Tec P32 since 2004, it feeds everything and is the easiest firearm I own to conceal. I had a G42 it was nice and shot great as well but traded it in on LCP MAX, I love the extra capacity and smaller package that it offers. The LCP Max also been flawless and it's a nice addition to my carry rotation.

SmokingTrigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    Hancock County
    I recently bought a sig p365 for the intentions of pocket carrying it when I need a deep concealment and IWB won't work. It's not much bigger than an LCP and it's 9mm. So I don't have to add another caliber either.

I had a p365 a few years back but didn't need a pocket gun at all until recently. Took it to the range yesterday and was amazed at how soft of a shooter that gun is and wondering why I ever got rid of it.

Top Bottom