• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle
    I’m finally wanting to upgrade my bodyguard 380. Looking at the kahr or the lcp2. Anybody have experience with them side by side or have another suggestion with a better trigger?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    You can google handgun hero and pick 2 guns to do a side by side comparison.

Seems .380 is on its way out given the size and manageability of the 9mm. Obviously people still make them so someone is buying them

Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle
    You can google handgun hero and pick 2 guns to do a side by side comparison.

Seems .380 is on its way out given the size and manageability of the 9mm. Obviously people still make them so someone is buying them
    Yeah I rarely carry .380 myself but I wear gym shorts a lot in the summer so it’s nice to throw on a little pistol with a pocket clip in my waistline. Haven’t found a 9mm I’m willing to do that with yet lol.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yeah I rarely carry .380 myself but I wear gym shorts a lot in the summer so it’s nice to throw on a little pistol with a pocket clip in my waistline. Haven’t found a 9mm I’m willing to do that with yet lol.
    My favorite .380 is a Bersa Thunder, but it's just a little big for " pocket" carry.
    That said, last year I picked up a Kimber Micro 9 that is easier to conceal than than the Bersa.
    It is only a single stack, and only 7 rounds, but I really like it a lot.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    My favorite .380 is a Bersa Thunder, but it's just a little big for " pocket" carry.
    That said, last year I picked up a Kimber Micro 9 that is easier to conceal than than the Bersa.
    It is only a single stack, and only 7 rounds, but I really like it a lot.
    Agree. Love my Bersa, but my LCP max is easier to carry both weight and size wise.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Personally I chose a .32ACP over the .380ACP. After reading several papers published in a medical journal by the then corner of NY City. He wrote how much more damage for size the .32ACP done over larger caliber guns. He stated how the .32 acted a lot like a overgrown .22 with a lot more power. It bounced around in the body cavity doing major damage while most any other round either passed through or stopped with low penetration not reaching major organs. Most of the persons blead out before medical help caused by a major blood vessel cut wit the bullet.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I liked my original LCP; carried it for years. Then I upgraded to the LCP II and liked it even more...better trigger, last round hold open, and just shot it better. Then after reading reviews, and waiting almost 10 months to see how it was received, I traded in the LCP II for the LCP MAX...wow! Larger capacity, better grip, better sights, and just shoots better than the previous gens. Have shot hundreds of rounds and never had a gun or magazine malfunction. I carry it everyday and it just disappears in my pocket with another 12-round mag in my other pocket for a combined 25 rounds of self defense ammo...it's a great super concealable pistol!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I carry larger guns, in larger calibers on a daily basis, but I still have my trusty LCP in my pocket as a backup, and at times a primary.

Just like the old American Express commercials say, "Don't leave home without it".

Finished-LCP.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Bought a LCP II a few years ago on a deal that was too good to pass up. To me feels about like carrying a wallet. Totally reliable, a pretty nice trigger for a small defensive pistol and decent accuracy . On the negatives the grip never felt quite right and what little sights that are there are not that easy to see with my eyes in need of a new prescription.

Then the LCP Max came out and I bought one shortly afterwards. The grip on the Max for my hand is a huge improvement. The sights are a major upgrade. Four extra rounds. The LCP II might have a little better trigger. But after buying the Max I have never fired the LCP II.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    My go to pocket pistol for the past 8 years or so has been the S&W Bodyguard 380. I put the magguts +1 spring/follower in it and an upgraded trigger. Mine has the integral laser. For what it is, I have not found anything I like more for pocket/sweatpants carry.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    A P365 would fill that role nicely. Also great choice for BUG. Mine gets carried in an Ankle glove 8 hrs plus a day.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Navy SEAL shows how he carries a better than .380 pistol daily, wearing gym shorts...

FYI - The gent comes closer than I like to see to pointing his pistol at his other hand. Being conscious of the fact, I'm thinking you could train yourself around this though?

Last edited:

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I had a Ruger LCP and got rid of it for the Glock 42, which is a little big for a pocket pistol, but I have done it. The LCP was a great size for a pocket pistol, just not very user friendly. I wanted the real sights, slide release, better trigger, blah blah blah. The G42 is my EDC more often than not due to work. I have not shot the LCP2 or LCP Max, so I have no experience there. I have played around with the Kahr .380's and they are nice.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I do have a Glock 42 with a great trigger but I haven't carried in over a year and never just "in my pocket" because I have no desire for a self inflicted vasectomy at this point in my life.. I found the only way I could get reasonable accuracy with the 42 was with a +2 extension but that makes it very similar in size to a Shield plus. Glock is retired and will be put on the block in favor of the Shield plus. That being the case if I'm going someplace I can't conceal the Shield I suppose I won't go.. :shady:

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Own both LCP and LCP II. Carried for several years. They go with me everywhere. Underwood loads really bring 380 up to par.
    0966F229-C105-42C6-A495-0AA28E7EA12D.jpeg
    95A8B04E-F741-4327-8F58-64ED54B49C68.jpeg
    (Dual wield with pocket guns means two in each hand!:draw:)

Handled the kahr. It seems better built. However I know more people who have gotten rid of their kahr pistols and not replaced them. The slide is uncommonly difficult to operate. Other than that they seem fine.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    images (1) (4).jpeg
    Picked up a Ruger LCP Custom several years ago. Been my carry gun for Spring-Summer warm weather. Better sights than the LCP II and a trigger like my Kahr CT9. May look into an LCP Max in the future.

Top Bottom