• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I was in a bit of a rut shooting this year , was getting bored punching paper on a static range (my Staccato makes shooting a handgun WAY too easy). Still was shooting at least twice a week for proficiency reasons.

In the fall got invited to shoot Sporting Clays and cought the bug hard. Only firearm I picked up in 2022 , though upon further thinking I average one gun a year roughly anyways. Really like my Browning 725 Sporting Maple, and it's gotten me totally back into shooting. It's a totally different method of shooting compared to handguns and the challenge and learning curve has been a lot of fun .

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    2022 may go down in the books as my year of years for firearms purchases.

My favorites this year are a trio of 44 Special revolvers. An auction in January brought a 4" S&W Model 24-4 home to me followed by a late February auction which saw me put a 1929 6" Second model Hand Ejector in the safe. A spur of the moment stop at the Knock Creek Range in June saw a 5 1\2" 3rd Generation Colt Single Action Army drop into my lap! I've been heavily influenced by Skelton and Keith lately and acquiring these three guns in this great caliber is a dream come true for me.

I also managed to add a pair of K Frame 38 Specials, a nice S&W Brazilian Contract Model 1917 and a very nice S&W 28-2 (Skeeter's influence shows here too).

A good bit of wheeling, dealing and horse trading went into making all this happen and this has left me with little to no trading stock and an empty gun fund going into 2023 and I'm ok with that. I'll spend this year loading and shooting what I have and enjoying what certainly has been the best of my 40+ years as a gun accumulator.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I replaced my EDC gen 1 Shield with two Shield Plus's, one 4" PC and the other a 3.1". Dress of the day will dictate which I carry, nice that they use the same mags so no extras needed.

A bucket list gun came my way from an INGO member in the form of a 98% S&W model 18 all matching in box.

These three are my favorite 2022 purchases.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I love my Shield Plus OR, but my one criticism is the small trigger guard. Not able to get a gloved finger in there, so I can't carry it during the cold months. If they would fix that I would say it's a great year round gun, but for now I carry it when it's warm and my CZ P10C OR when it's cold.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My favorite 2022 gun purchase is probably this Sig P229 in. 357 Sig. It's an ex-LE gun that I've done a refresh on all springs and sights. While the slide was apart, I bead blasted it.
    dceeea1fec4ec89e96d2db0374ee02a1.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My favorite purchase of last year is more of modification to an old gun than a new one. Already had the lower, put a new trigger in it, bought the upper, then added some personal touches. And does it shoot!
    jSunBAb.jpg

IoHL1wB.jpg
    Nice! Is that paint? I painted my 15-22 for the fun of it. I thought it turned about pretty decent.

IMG_2321.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The underfolder variant of the PM md. 63/65 AKM47. The donor gun, the front trunnion, was built in 1972 at Romania's Cugir Arms Factory.
    20221024_205035.jpg

1943 S&W Lend/Lease Victory Series
    I already have one (-paperwork), so this one will be a gift to a friend at his range sometime this year. He started his own Firearms instruction school, is a WWII collector & buff, and a S&W fan.
    20230106_085550.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Nice! Is that paint? I painted my 15-22 for the fun of it. I thought it turned about pretty decent.

View attachment 246439
    Yes, it is. That is my coyote rifle so it will be used mostly in the late fall and winter. Sprayed large areas forest green and earth brown then sponge painted over the top with khaki and sand. Mixed up a custom color of grey/black then used a brush to paint the limbs with a little black added to the edges for a 3D effect. Turned out really good. Definitely don't want to lay it in the leaves at night!
    Yours looks really good, that would be great in the spring and summer!

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    2022 may go down in the books as my year of years for firearms purchases.

My favorites this year are a trio of 44 Special revolvers. An auction in January brought a 4" S&W Model 24-4 home to me followed by a late February auction which saw me put a 1929 6" Second model Hand Ejector in the safe. A spur of the moment stop at the Knock Creek Range in June saw a 5 1\2" 3rd Generation Colt Single Action Army drop into my lap! I've been heavily influenced by Skelton and Keith lately and acquiring these three guns in this great caliber is a dream come true for me.

I also managed to add a pair of K Frame 38 Specials, a nice S&W Brazilian Contract Model 1917 and a very nice S&W 28-2 (Skeeter's influence shows here too).

A good bit of wheeling, dealing and horse trading went into making all this happen and this has left me with little to no trading stock and an empty gun fund going into 2023 and I'm ok with that. I'll spend this year loading and shooting what I have and enjoying what certainly has been the best of my 40+ years as a gun accumulator.
    37F5F715-D650-438B-B23F-ABF85EDF160F.jpeg
    I forgot to post a picture in my original post. Everything new to me in 2022 is in this picture except the Model 28-2. I’ll try to remember to add a pic of that one when my knee replacement surgery recovery allows me to get down to my safe.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Two that I enjoy the most and were both quite a surprise, a Sig P322 and the PSA dagger.. Sig is the most enjoyable 22 I've ever owned and the Dagger is IMHO the most gun for the money in the striker fired field as well as being accurate and very reliable.

Got to shoot a couple P322's at a group event earlier this year and was floored at how much I enjoyed it. Those are very nice guns.

Christow19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2017
    Greencastle
    Let's look back at 2022.

What's your favorite firearm purchased in 2022? The one that makes you smile when you think about it, grin when you take it out of the safe and wants to go to the range with you every trip?

Mine is this H&R Sportsman. 9 shot .22lr, top break, made in 1940.

View attachment 245779

View attachment 245780
    Diamondback DB9. I’m unsure if it counts because I bought it this week and I was not able to purchase one last year. Excited for this year though Plan to get some for sure

Top Bottom