• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    16" 5.56x45mm NATO with integral folding stock.

AR-15 5.56x45 NATO 2048.jpg

• 17 Design stripped lower with integral folding mechanism (no longer in business);
      presumed to be from same source as Shield Arms' folding stock lowers; very sturdy and shorter than adding a LAW Tactical
    • Geissele G2S 2-stage trigger
    • Magpul MOE grip
    • Aero Precision for remainder of lower parts
    • H2 weight buffer
    • Ballistic Advantage mid-length gas upper (without BCG) -- less expensive than buying the parts separately and assembling them; A2 style barrel with A2 front sight and pinned gas block; Magpul MOE handguards; Aero Precision "Mil-Spec" charging handle
    • Ballistic Advantage DLC Bolt Carrier Group; presumed made by Toolcraft as I have a Toolcraft DLC and they look identical other than the BA logo on this one.
    • Smith Enterprise Vortex Flash Suppressor; beats out the A2 cage in flash suppression (very noticeable at night)
    • Magpul MOE SL Carbine Stock, with .70" Rubber Butt Pad added
    • Sig Sauer Romeo7 1x30mm red dot optic
    • MaTech 600m backup rear sight; US Army uses these on the M16A4 without carry handle and M4
    • Magpul sling swivel on rear with Magpul QD buffer tube plate
    • Old school M14/M16 sling with quick adjustment
    • Magpul Gen 2 standard capacity magazine to help distinguish 5.56mm from the .300 Blackout loaded in gray Hexmags
    Bayonets still mount just fine over the Smith Vortex, and being able to properly mount one is part of the reason for the mid-length gas system; another reason is less harsh recoil. IMO it's better matched with 16" barrels than a carbine gas system. I'm a fan of folding AR-15's. Allows them to be packed into smaller spaces and cases. I can put this one folded up into a viola size case.

Background will be recognized readily by most soldiers and Marines. It's a military issue "Woobie" poncho liner in more modern ACU. I've got two older ones in woodland green which older vets would probably recognize more readily. The nickname came into use late in my career. First heard it during Desert Storm. It's the kid's name for his security blanket in the 1983 movie, Mr. Mom. They are very light, can be rolled up and packed very small, and are very, very warm. I used to put one, sometimes two, into the goose down fart sack in arctic weather, and I've used them camping in warm weather on just a foam ground pad. Also used them tied into a poncho for an expedient fart sack when we rolled into a new location in the middle of a night move . . . or when we might need to keep rapidly moving forward on a moment's notice . . . which was their original design purpose.

Last edited:

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    My personal preference as a general purpose rifle is a 16" gun with a 15" rail, LPVO and a fixed stock in 5.56mm. House guns get a collapsible stock, red dot and a WML in 5.56mm or .300 BLK. Controls are as ambidextrous as I can make them.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Building an SPR now from the bones of a 16" RRA Elite Operator. I had a 1-6x LPVO on it but wanted a little more magnification, just waiting on the 2-12 scope now. Screenshot_20230413_144106_Photos.jpg

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've been looking at picking up a Sig Tango6 1-6 ffp for my DD M4V1. Those are a bit pricey. But, it's a great optic with a good LPVO FFP reticle.
    Just a couple bills less and you are at a Trijicon AccuPoint or Credo (the old Accupower)? I find Sig glass excellent and Trijicon glass just a tad better but we know that perceived glass clarity is user specific.

That being said, I have a couple Sig scopes that I would not give up.

Either way, I look forward to a look see. :cool:

Forget what I said....had an after(post)thought. Forget the budget....

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    What about everyone else? What is the config you'd choose to take with you on an extended cross country trip?
    To go back to your original post....the choice would no doubt be the below Noveske.

219e7d66d22fc3b60b5b499ecf4d04dc.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was playing with a couple different optics at the NRA show today. I'm really liking the Sig Tango6 right now but keep asking myself if the 1-6x MSR might not scratch that itch for a quarter the price.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    all of my AR's have these components or very similar components :

pick up any of my 10 AR's and the grip is the same, the charging handle is the same, the optics are the same, the trigger is the same....

Velocity Trigger : 3# flat or curved or MPC (actually changing all of them to MPC's in the coming months*)

LaRue Grip : course texture model - simply love the feel / fit the hand and positive non-slip.

Holosun optic : on my "within 300 yards" rifles most have a 507C

Athlon optic 6x24x50 : longer range 300 yards to 1000 yards

Radian or POF Charging Handles : just like 'em - all are ambi (*as I shoot rifles lefty)

Slings : Warrior Poets & Saavy Sling & the very affordable Standard Manufacturing Amercia 2-Point Tactical Sling

Magazines :
    Magpul & Lancer 20 round / 30 round

Backup Sights : Magpul with Blitzkrieg Components Chevron front sight post

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    all of my AR's have these components or very similar components :

pick up any of my 10 AR's and the grip is the same, the charging handle is the same, the optics are the same, the trigger is the same....

Velocity Trigger : 3# flat or curved or MPC (actually changing all of them to MPC's in the coming months*)

LaRue Grip : course texture model - simply love the feel / fit the hand and positive non-slip.

Holosun optic : on my "within 300 yards" rifles most have a 507C

Athlon optic 6x24x50 : longer range 300 yards to 1000 yards

Radian or POF Charging Handles : just like 'em - all are ambi (*as I shoot rifles lefty)

Slings : Warrior Poets & Saavy Sling & the very affordable Standard Manufacturing Amercia 2-Point Tactical Sling

Magazines :
    Magpul & Lancer 20 round / 30 round

Backup Sights : Magpul with Blitzkrieg Components Chevron front sight post
    Same here. I like to keep all of my ARs set up very similar to each other. Keeps transitioning from one to another simple.
    I do run a different optic on each depending on what my POU is for that particular gun.

4_ARs_black_out- grass-labelled.jpg
    NOTE: The AR pistols have been disassembled while I wait out the BATF&E over reach fiasco.

Top Bottom