• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Maybe so, but certain additions do offer additional capabilities. If I was going out after dark, nvgs helped us rule the night peq15’s helped. I trained with an a2 hit the pipeline with an a4 and as soon as I hit the fleet got my m4. After years of nvg and ir usage. I wouldn’t go back. But stoner designed a great rifle for my grandfather’s generation.

The m1 was also the great implement of war ever designed… times change technology changes. Everyone has a philosophy of use that is particular to them. And judgement from outside voice can deter one from using what they see fit out of trying to fit the proper narrative on the internet.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I just think I’d rather have my quad rail and optics as opposed to plastic hand guards and iron sights. But that is just strictly my personal opinion. Either way, quads are not my preference, m lok for me.
    NVGs are not bad, your head is a better place for the weight. But having a good NVS that can be removed for day use is not bad ether. I have an PVS-4 with a Third gen replacement tube that mounts to the carry handle. It lives on my A2 mostly, but I have mounts for the M14 too. 11289559_712783412201216_9212248762613152272_o.jpg

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I go for light and simple.

Spikes lower because I bought several on sale years ago.

BCM lpk, BCM complete 16" pencil barrel upper with a fixed front sight and a Magpul pro rear. BCM stock and m-lock hg.

Aimpoint PRO in an Aero precision mount. Itty-bitty Streamlight TLR-3 and a Vickers sling. 7# even.

I don't have an AR philosophy....it just feels good and fills its role.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That looks very similiar to the BCM Vickers, maybe they knocked it off I dunno.
    Similar materials, nothing extra, and just works.
    I would bet that they make the Vickers if anything? Its a good sized factory and he makes loads of different gear.

Attachments

• shoppic2.jpg
      shoppic2.jpg
      180 KB · Views: 9

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The older I get and the more my body aches, the more I appreciate a quality lightweight AR.
    I really really love the bcm keymod rails. I'm still not a fan of the mlok
    Whoa! I found a friend!! I thought I was the only one!
    I get made fun of in my circle for hanging on to keymod.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    NVGs are not bad, your head is a better place for the weight. But having a good NVS that can be removed for day use is not bad ether. I have an PVS-4 with a Third gen replacement tube that mounts to the carry handle. It lives on my A2 mostly, but I have mounts for the M14 too. View attachment 263272
    Imagine not being able to look at things in the dark without aiming your loaded rifle at it or them

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Whoa! I found a friend!! I thought I was the only one!
    I get made fun of in my circle for hanging on to keymod.
    Key mod works. I have an f1 rifle in key mod. It hasn’t failed yet. Great system, my friend say it’s the best, better than any other system

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Both of my son's have tried many slings in the past ten years now. They both detoured away from an USMC issue sling a bunch of times over that time. When encountering actually carrying an M4 for extended periods of time like my #2 does.
    He can easily carry his for 12-13 hours a day for 6 days a week now.
    They both went back to one of the MC issue slings that's actually made here in Anderson, IN.
    I have called the owner a few times and then drove and picked up what gear one of my son's is needing in his front office.
    Big Props to Raine Corp....
    Great guy!!!!!
    Thanks for the information.
    If anyone else is interested.

They have a lot of other you know the things too.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I don't have many ARs to pick from, but my favorite has to be the home defense SBR. It's also the first pick go-to for when the balloon goes up as it's the most compact, but I do have one that can reach out further if need be. I can travel with it easily as it has a Law Tactical folder, and a short 11.5" barrel. The upper is a shortened Sig 516 upper, with Midwest IND rail. This is a change from the same gun with a 10.3" DD upper. The piston system throws less gas in my face with the can (Surefire SOCOM 762-Mini2) on. I'm a big red dot fan, as nothing is faster for target acquisition. While red dots on all the other guns are the very good Sig Romeo 5, this one got the Aimpoint Comp M4s. It's older, bigger, heavier... but the AA battery is easier to find, and lasts much longer. Added bonus, this thing is built like a tank. I had a Surefire light on here, but put it on the other gun, and went with the Streamlight Protac. It's a "dual fuel" light that can use a CR123, or a AA battery. I have a Fostech Echo AR-II so I can go bang, or bang, bang. I keep a 3x multiplier for the Aimpoint in a pouch on my chest rig. It snaps on in a flat second.

Threw it on the deck for a photo with my battle belt & chest rig...

11.5 SBR with loadout internet copy.JPG

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Have a few AR’s in several calibers. Most I put together for a specific purpose so they are outfitted a little differently. Current build is a culmination of all of them plus a few of my friends rifles. So far I am really liking the Atlas hand guard that came with the Aero M5 builders set. The gunmetal grain is also sick looking. I wasn’t looking to spend as much on an upper and lower set but I couldn’t walk away from it when I saw it at the LGS. It will be my first AR10 in .243 Winchester. The rest of the parts and scope are coming shortly. Love seeing all the different builds, always see something I haven’t seen before.

EE6F3E48-B613-4034-9F54-D1D1BCAB5A05.jpeg

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Bought my first AR from Walmart in 2013, a Colt 6920 LE (shout out to Bronco Bama for doing a great job on national gun sales for "pushing" me into it).

_DSC9630.jpg
    Lots of modifications at this point. A bit heavy with the scope on it but it feels good, looks good and shoots very well.
    Trijicon 3-9x scope, Geissele SSA, BCM key mod rail. My GF has adopted it as her gun. Not a problem. I'll simply need to put together another AR !

Last edited:

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    SO my next AR was a total build in 2018, back when the ATF said it was GTG, based on the Noveske Gen 3 Shorty.

_DSC9825-3.jpg
    This one is MINE! I liked the idea of a short, home defense gun.
    Noveske receiver set, rail and 10.5" barrel, Trijicon MRO Gen 2, Steiner DBAL-C, Geissele B-GRF, adjustable block, low mass BCG, Surefire light.

Last edited:

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    I thought my GF needed a short home defense gun so I re-configed a Springfield Saint 7" to an 11.5" for her.
    Friggin' ATF. Grrrrrrrrrr

_DSC9935-clergy-3-2.jpg
    Another cool AR for her. Eotech EXPS, Steiner DBAL-C, Geissele B-GRF, adjustable block, low mass BCG, Surefire light.

Last edited:

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    My current build. Aero Precision M4 E1. I am loving this gun!

DSC0441-CASTLE.jpg
    The lightest of my ARs, just over 7 lbs. Aero receiver set and rail, Superlative Arms adjustable block, Rubber City Armory Ti BCG, A5 buffer system, Geissele SSP, Sniper Grey Cerakote. The Primary Arms 1-6x is getting replaced this week with a Trijicon 1-8x LPVO (old eyes). I'm still making a few changes but this one has become my absolute fav. I'm thinking about having my P320 Cerakoted to match, which, BTW, I have done at by Landon @ Element Armament in Whiteland.

Last edited:

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Have a few AR’s in several calibers. Most I put together for a specific purpose so they are outfitted a little differently. Current build is a culmination of all of them plus a few of my friends rifles. So far I am really liking the Atlas hand guard that came with the Aero M5 builders set. The gunmetal grain is also sick looking. I wasn’t looking to spend as much on an upper and lower set but I couldn’t walk away from it when I saw it at the LGS. It will be my first AR10 in .243 Winchester. The rest of the parts and scope are coming shortly. Love seeing all the different builds, always see something I haven’t seen before.

View attachment 263638
    I really like the gunmetal gray. Sharp!

Top Bottom