• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    In a capitalistic economy it's a general rule that employees will seek out an employer with the best pay. So, if you want the best talent, then you better be willing to pay the best wages.
    That is not true of most government salaries though. He appears to be extremely well compensated according to Salary.com

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    In a capitalistic economy it's a general rule that employees will seek out an employer with the best pay. So, if you want the best talent, then you better be willing to pay the best wages.
    In that case, we are grossly overpaying this individual, or grossly underpaying the position.

Besides, the public sector ALWAYS pays less than private. No one works in government for the paycheck.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All I'm going to say is that I know many physicians in private practice in NWI who, if they made $420,000 in a year, would be pretty upset and trying to find out what went wrong.

Of course, this varies widely among specialties and whether the physician has an ownership interest in the practice.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    All I'm going to say is that I know many physicians in private practice in NWI who, if they made $420,000 in a year, would be pretty upset and trying to find out what went wrong.

Of course, this varies widely among specialties and whether the physician has an ownership interest in the practice.
    Fauci hasn't really been a 'physician' since he finished his residency in 1968, from there he went right to the NIH. Since then he's been a researcher and more so an administrator.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If paid through funds confiscated by force, is it capitalism?
    If 100% public employee then not really. However, whatever department is actually responsible for his budgeted salary likely feels as if the salary is warranted. As of 2018, Indianapolis' Mayor makes $95k a year. Who in their right mind would want that kind of responsibility for such BS pay? He's the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases with over a $6 Billion budget. Seems like a $400k salary isn't unreasonable. You want the talent, you have to pay. Why does State college pay their Football coach $9.3 Million a year?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If 100% public employee then not really. However, whatever department is actually responsible for his budgeted salary likely feels as if the salary is warranted. As of 2018, Indianapolis' Mayor makes $95k a year. Who in their right mind would want that kind of responsibility for such BS pay? He's the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases with over a $6 Billion budget. Seems like a $400k salary isn't unreasonable. You want the talent, you have to pay. Why does State college pay their Football coach $9.3 Million a year?
    That isn't justification for him being the highest paid in the government. There are other departments with much bigger budgets than that. I also wouldn't necessarily chalk it up to talent, if he has been a GS employee his whole career.

Maybe he does have some special skills that make him worth the top spot. I'd be more curious about the progression of his salary over the years.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That isn't justification for him being the highest paid in the government. There are other departments with much bigger budgets than that. I also wouldn't necessarily chalk it up to talent, if he has been a GS employee his whole career.

Maybe he does have some special skills that make him worth the top spot. I'd be more curious about the progression of his salary over the years.
    If you don't think it's talent that salary is based on then what?
    Exactly why this makes no sense. :twocents:
    Ah, so he has little or no talent?

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Don't really have a problem with that. I just don't get why anyone would buy and read such a publication to justify the large advances.
    I guess that depends on where the money comes from... pretty easy for big private publishers to massage the books and funnel funds from one organization to another. The absurdly large advances don't add up.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Let's review the good doctor's statements, right vs wrong...

Let's review his predictions...

Let's look at his last few work performance reviews...

Is the doctor really doing his job or is he just another beast of the swamp?

Who is the doctor's boss and can he be fired?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Who is the doctor's boss and can he be fired?
    The NIH Director is his boss. Of course he can be fired by the Merit Systems Protection Board but there has to be cause (dereliction of duty or similar) to do so under civil servant rules. Whether you agree with him or even like him, he is a long respected Dr in his field.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    For GS employees, talent has little to nothing to do with pay. It is your pay grade and step.
    He does not fall under the GS pay scale thus not a GS employee. He is paid under the HHS RF-00 pay which is employees appointed and compensated as special consultants under 42 U.S.C. 209(f)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The NIH Director is his boss. Of course he can be fired by the Merit Systems Protection Board but there has to be cause (dereliction of duty or similar) to do so under civil servant rules. Whether you agree with him or even like him, he is a long respected Dr in his field.

We have seen many other "long respected in their field," folks in government. Comey and Mueller come to mind, as do many others.

Again, let's see the doctor's work records?

Last edited:

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I don’t really believe Fauci is doing what he is doing because of the money. The money is just a bonus. I believe what drives him is a self righteous belief that he is omnipotent. He has been given the media spotlight and now is the darling child of the newly elected administration because it serves their agenda. His vacillating positions are given a pass because this virus is new and there’s never been another virus like it. Until the next one comes along, that is.

The media hang on Fauci’s every word now because it allows them to continue to criticize Trump for supposed inaction. After a week in office Biden is now getting credit for distribution of the vaccine that was created during Trump’s watch. Biden is capitalizing on what would have occurred anyway because he has a better PR department and the main stream media is fawning over his “aggressive efforts to fight the pandemic and rid our country of this dreaded disease.” (My quote)

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    If you don't think it's talent that salary is based on then what?

Talent I can't comment on, knowledge, he's either a liar or an idiot.. When he reversed his position 180 on masks costing thousands of lives his credibility was GONE and his salary should have been gone as well.
    Lets take a 10 month trip in the wayback machine.

Top Bottom