• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Would this be a good event to bring wife who recently became interested in shooting to? Or do you think this would this be overwhelming for a newbie?

Everyone is different. I know some people that would be overwhelmed, and others who would take the opportunity to try a bunch of different guns and learn as much as possible. Only you know (or have the best guess) on how your wife would react.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Would this be a good event to bring wife who recently became interested in shooting to? Or do you think this would this be overwhelming for a newbie?

No. This is perfect! They can be as involved as they want to be. I took my whole family down last year. They all shot as much as they wanted. Most will let someone shoot any of the guns they brought. The rimfire range is great for new shooters too.

linuxhack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2020
    Clarksville
    Thanks for the feedback. I have put it on the calendar and will pitch it to her and see what she thinks when she gets back from out of town. I ordered a second set of ear muffs and should have eye protection. Anything else I may be forgetting that I would need to have?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks for the feedback. I have put it on the calendar and will pitch it to her and see what she thinks when she gets back from out of town. I ordered a second set of ear muffs and should have eye protection. Anything else I may be forgetting that I would need to have?

Normally, we would say Buy some extra 9mm and 22LR if you expect to try others' guns, but given the current madness going on I am sure folks would understand if you cant chip in to feed their guns.

She is welcome to shoot anything I'm bringing, and a LOT of others there will have the same sentiment. (at least the INGO crowd... this is also open to the public.) Heck, sometimes there are guys with full auto guns that will let you have a supervised go at the giggle switch.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    at the moment we are in for this depending on the weather, looks like it will be fun.

thanks for posting this

Weather is supposed to be cool and dry in the high 50s to low 60s.

EDIT: But wear your water resistant boots. We should have an inch or two of rain in the days before from the hurricane so it could still be a little bit squishy.

Last edited:

JamesV

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    The Region
    Weather is supposed to be cool and dry in the high 50s to low 60s.

EDIT: But wear your water resistant boots. We should have an inch or two of rain in the days before from the hurricane so it could still be a little bit squishy.

thank you for the heads up

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    All: In regards to the rifle use that damaged the steel last year. We all have to keep our eyes open. See something? Say something! Don wants us to speak up if we see anything wrong while are on the range because he and his staff cant be everywhere at once. Dont be shy or afraid to say something to someone if you see something wrong. (like somebody going to the line at the steel bays with a non-PCC AR15)

JamesV

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    The Region
    We would like to thank Don for the golf cart tour and the rest of the crew that was there to help put this on.

Our first year for this event and we had a blast, we will def be back. Only took the 22's down for the day and had a great time with the setup.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    We would like to thank Don for the golf cart tour and the rest of the crew that was there to help put this on.

Our first year for this event and we had a blast, we will def be back. Only took the 22's down for the day and had a great time with the setup.

Were you there with your wife?

I was the guy at the 22 Range with the 1911, and later on the revolver as well.

Top Bottom