• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Worst Trade of All Times

• Brittney Griner for the Merchant of Death

Votes: 7 38.9%
    • Bowe Bergdahl for 5 Taliban Baddies in GTMO (including one running things in Kabul now)

Votes: 8 44.4%
    • Cincinnati Reds trading Tony Perez for Woody Fryman in 1977

Votes: 1 5.6%
    • Bacon traded for anything but more bacon

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    CNN said that she carried less than 1 gram:
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/15/us/brittney-griner-trial-russia-friday/index.html

I don't know if that's 1 gram of oil total, 1 gram of THC content put into the vaping oil, or what. For an order of magnitude estimate: Given that 1g of water is 1cc/1mL of volume, it doesn't seem like it'd be a lot. A quick search suggests that vaping cartridges are 0.5 to 1 mL. :dunno:

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    The same people who cry for gun control are willing to release a man who buys and sells literally every implement of death without so much as a Form 4473 or Form 4 in exchange for a Amazon pronoun creature with a penchant for cannabis.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anxiety for having lived in Trump's America?

It looks like at least 4 containers from the security footage:

I'm not a vapor or partaker, so I don't know much about the sizes of the various parts, but I think the cartridges are relatively small?

Ok, I had a co-worker that vapes, that looks like a personal amount; he had those bottles on his desk. Not for the whole team like someone intimated.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Ok, I had a co-worker that vapes, that looks like a personal amount; he had those bottles on his desk. Not for the whole team like someone intimated.
    Yeah, I am not sure. The actual cartridges are rather small compared to those tennis ball container sized tubes. CNN reported that the Russian prosecutor accused her of having less than 1 gram of the banned substance. I think given your comments in post 21, we have a lot of agreement on general sentiment about her treatment.

That said, I don't think we should trade her for a militant if she actually broke the law and is sentenced according to their guidelines (even if we think those guidelines are being abused for political purposes). A near maximum sentence for a first time offense for pot with no commercial intention is a bit much. It does seem that the primary difference in sentencing is due to the fact that it was being brought into the country: https://reason.com/2022/08/05/britt...rences-between-russian-and-u-s-pot-penalties/

Sidenote: how is no one replacing photos of Viktor Bout with Dale Earnhardt on Wikipedia?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Best idea I've heard today. What's sad is that I already see "friends" on social media saying it's somehow racist for the Biden admin to consider NOT trading to get her back. The world is truly upside down.
    But she is better off out of this racist country. There is no racism over there donchaknow.

Top Bottom