• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Worst Trade of All Times

• Brittney Griner for the Merchant of Death

Votes: 7 38.9%
    • Bowe Bergdahl for 5 Taliban Baddies in GTMO (including one running things in Kabul now)

Votes: 8 44.4%
    • Cincinnati Reds trading Tony Perez for Woody Fryman in 1977

Votes: 1 5.6%
    • Bacon traded for anything but more bacon

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
    • This poll will close: .

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    West Lafayette
    CNN said that she carried less than 1 gram:
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/15/us/brittney-griner-trial-russia-friday/index.html

I don't know if that's 1 gram of oil total, 1 gram of THC content put into the vaping oil, or what. For an order of magnitude estimate: Given that 1g of water is 1cc/1mL of volume, it doesn't seem like it'd be a lot. A quick search suggests that vaping cartridges are 0.5 to 1 mL. :dunno:

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    The same people who cry for gun control are willing to release a man who buys and sells literally every implement of death without so much as a Form 4473 or Form 4 in exchange for a Amazon pronoun creature with a penchant for cannabis.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anxiety for having lived in Trump's America?

It looks like at least 4 containers from the security footage:

I'm not a vapor or partaker, so I don't know much about the sizes of the various parts, but I think the cartridges are relatively small?
    Ok, I had a co-worker that vapes, that looks like a personal amount; he had those bottles on his desk. Not for the whole team like someone intimated.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    West Lafayette
    Ok, I had a co-worker that vapes, that looks like a personal amount; he had those bottles on his desk. Not for the whole team like someone intimated.
    Yeah, I am not sure. The actual cartridges are rather small compared to those tennis ball container sized tubes. CNN reported that the Russian prosecutor accused her of having less than 1 gram of the banned substance. I think given your comments in post 21, we have a lot of agreement on general sentiment about her treatment.

That said, I don't think we should trade her for a militant if she actually broke the law and is sentenced according to their guidelines (even if we think those guidelines are being abused for political purposes). A near maximum sentence for a first time offense for pot with no commercial intention is a bit much. It does seem that the primary difference in sentencing is due to the fact that it was being brought into the country: https://reason.com/2022/08/05/britt...rences-between-russian-and-u-s-pot-penalties/

Sidenote: how is no one replacing photos of Viktor Bout with Dale Earnhardt on Wikipedia?

Top Bottom