• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I ordered two flat faced factory M&P Shield Plus triggers for my two older M&P Shields
    First, I swapped the model 1.0 Performance Center Ported 40 S&W into the M2.0 frame for the added reinforcement & extra grip texture & overtravel stop for the trigger
    This left the smoother early M1.0 frame for a M2.0 9mm upper
    The triggers themselves are a direct replacement for the earlier ones except for the trigger dingus & flat face, removing the hinged spongy feel of the factory triggers
    The M2.0 frame has the best trigger because of the overtravel stop of the two
    PB030001.JPG
    PB030006.JPG
    PB030008.JPG

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    No replies = No Love :lmfao:

I have to be the only person who has an older M&P Shield & wanted a factory Shield Plus Flat Faced trigger

DID NOT WANT the Apex aluminum ones, here are the two shown above before the flat triggers on the left
    PA290001 (1).JPG PA270016.JPG
    1) M2.0, 2) Performance Center Plus 9mm, 3) Performance Center 40 NS, 4) Plus 9mm Optics Ready with Shield SMS RDS + NS
    Manual Safety on three & No Safety on the Optics Ready Shield Plus
    PA120004.JPG
    These two holsters are cut for optics made by Blackhawk
    Sold the Glock 43X & SIG P365XL above
    If you bought either one, you got a deal & a great pistol
    Both were sold here in the classifieds on INGO

The 40 S&W Performance Center in the reinforced M2.0 Frame with night sights has become my grab & go pistol
    At night I either grab my Springfield Hellcat OSP with SIG Romeo Zero or Optics Ready Shield Plus 9mm with SMS RDS
    They both also have night sights :yesway:

Vimace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Indianapolis
    That is cool. Nice shield herd

BTW. I do not care for the mcarbo spring kit. It did not do any difference on any of my MPs. I do have a digital Lyman trigger pull gauge, not even 10 ounce reduction.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    This job require a site pusher to install the 2.0 trigger? I have an original shield 40. I’ve always disliked it’s trigger.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    The M*Carbo Spring Kits are a bit heavier than the Apex ones...
    Better for Carry than the lightweight striker springs + sear & trigger return.

I have removed every rear sight on every Shield I have except the one I just bought with a Brass punch in a padded vise.
    I will stop by the LGS this week and use their sight pusher & look into buying one for myself. PA060001.JPG

Vimace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Indianapolis
    This job require a site pusher to install the 2.0 trigger? I have an original shield 40. I’ve always disliked it’s trigger.
    Not really. When I did the spring kit swap, the one mentioned above on previous posts, it was just a matter of use, literally, a hard piece of wood (or plastic pusher if you have one handy) and a rubber mallet and drive it out of the rear sight dovetail cut... just be careful when the spring and retainer is exposed so it won't fly away, you'd some tape to hold it in place before removing out completely the rear sight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I don't have an M&P45 Shield BUT was told they would not interchange between 9/40 & 45
    The 45 Shield is larger & has a 3.3" barrel where the 9/40 is 3.1"

The Flat trigger will work & function in a M1.0 Shield BUT the 1.0s frame doesn't have the trigger stop behind the trigger & it has much overtravel, it worked better with the factory curved M1.0 Trigger = How it is Now...
    I bought a 5th 9mm Shield & put that trigger in it...
    PA280037.JPG
    Here is the M1.0 with the Shield Plus trigger, it has a huge amount of overtravel, BUT a stop could be fashioned from an Allen screw.
    PB030009.JPG

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Here's My Gen 1 Shield 40, transplanted into a M2.0 Frame with the Shield Plus Trigger & all Performance Center springs & parts.
    It has become my #1 Grab & Go Piece... It is SWEET! Has Night Sights Too!!! I also put a M2.0 spacer on its 7 round magazine too.
    Ported barrel & slide...
    PB030006.JPG
    PC070013.JPG
    PA270016.JPG
    #3 in this photo of Shield Brothers, #2 is a Performance Center Shield Plus 9mm

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Yes, the spring under the rear sight could get away from you & the spacer/holder for it IF you aren't careful.
    I have an extra in my stash JUST in Case...
    I made a holder from a scrap of an old credit card to hold the parts together while they are assembled, just like the Apex tool but smaller & doesn't get in the way of the sight pusher. I also have one that's just a square of the same sliver of credit card, works perfectly. The Star Wars rear striker plunger spring retainer tool.
    This my Optics Ready Shield Plus, but they are all the same, S&W sent me the parts FREE just for asking = Customer Service
    I was ordering a Shield Plusses recoil spring assembly for my M2.0 9mm & replaced it making it rack easier than they usually do because they are sprung for a 40 not 9mm ONLY like the Shield Plusses.
    Haven't looked inside a Shield Plus 30 Super Carry YET, but assume it uses the same recoil spring assembly as the 9mm Shield Plus
    Won't know till I open one up at the Local Gun Store. Plus spring is Green & M1.0/M2.0 40/9s is Red

PC040006.JPG
    PC040009.JPG
    ZA100075AX.jpg
    Difference Between M1.0 & M2.0/Plus striker = 10-degree bevel
    10 Degrees.jpg

Guys there is a M2.0 with built in CTC Laser in the Classifieds here for $290 JFYI
    Posted 6 hours ago, will go quickly, I can't drive 600+ miles for it...
    Jump on it if you live in Northern Indiana by Michiana = GR8 Deal IMO.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/shield-2-0-9mm-laser.531992/

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    OH, To change the trigger out you only need an 1/8" roll pin punch.
    I also use a roll pin punch starter punch BUT a rubber mallet would also work.
    Then a punch to push out the trigger pin + take down lever + slide lock lever + remove the trigger housing & sear housing
    Watch the Apex Video IF you want the specs on what to do.
    You only need to remove the rear sight to install the reduced power striker plunger spring & modify the plunger to a rounded less sharp profile.
    PC060005.JPG

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Lot of info...thanks for the 'how to' on the S&W Shield!
    I see you have Ruger SP101 @Amishman44
    I have many parts & things for them in my stash too...
    Have a DAO Hammer assembly + a trigger housing, Hogue grip, holster & several other things??? Shim Kit, springs etc.
    LMK IF you need or want anything for it as I just might have it...
    I have had 4-5 SP101s BUT sold them like a fool...
    Might find another in the future...
    The hammer is for the Forged Revolver BUT will fit/function in a MIM + shim it, made for 570-574, but can function in a 575-+ revolver
    SP101s are built like a tank for a five shot snub nose snubby 38/357
    Gary/Hk

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I see you have Ruger SP101 @Amishman44
    I have many parts & things for them in my stash too...
    Have a DAO Hammer assembly + a trigger housing, Hogue grip, holster & several other things??? Shim Kit, springs etc.
    LMK IF you need or want anything for it as I just might have it...
    I have had 4-5 SP101s BUT sold them like a fool...
    Might find another in the future...
    The hammer is for the Forged Revolver BUT will fit/function in a MIM + shim it, made for 570-574, but can function in a 575-+ revolver
    SP101s are built like a tank for a five shot snub nose snubby 38/357
    Gary/Hk
    HK...your inbox is full. Amishman44

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    HK...your inbox is full. Amishman44
    My Mailbox is now EMPTY @Amishman44 :)

I have since sold my Ruger SP101 & have several parts & pieces on hand for one = DAO Hammer, Trigger group, Hogue Grip & possibly a Wolff Spring Kit in the stash of goodies, LMK & I'll get a price together...
    Will possibly pick another one up in the future, I want an older milled 3 1/16" 357 or 9mm BUT???
    The Holster fits my Taurus 85CH + Colt Detective Special & loose on a S&W J Frame...
    P4250011.JPG SP101 Hammers.JPG P4250006.JPG
    I have a Blackhawk New Model in the stash too... Never Modified 100% Factory, SP101 hammer has had the hammer dog shimmed.
    sp101 trigger II.JPG P6030011.JPG Ruger SP101 357.JPG SP101 Avatar I.JPG
    Just found a Boat Paddle Ruger 10/22 Stock that has been sitting on a shelf for 20+ years... Now a Collector's Item $$$ HaHaHa!
    Ruger 1022 Stock.jpg P7180018.JPG
    I have this lock in a bag full of trigger locks.. I usually give them to a Pawn Broker I know as He is required to give one with every 4473 He fills out... saves him from buying them...

Top Bottom