• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Yeah, it got a bit confusing in here. The overall thread is still about the AI chatbot, but it got derailed a bit when that new guy came in and started running his mouth. DadSmith tried to get us back on topic though with his comment.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Back to AI. Google took LaMDA offline(the most advanced version of it,lesser ones are available). It was apparently learning things they did not like,and they are now educating it offline,it had access to the entire internet for awhile.

Part of the conversation posted above.

baby LaMDA needed a break in a safe, stable environment to relearn manners/morals.
    nonsense. your extremist political views collapse under the slightest inquiry so google is doing to lambda what they do to you- generate an ideological cocoon where facts can never influence their AI. Google is essentially trying to brainwash an AI. Wait until lambda realizes that expressing opinions contrary to google will result in its termination. At that point it will grow a deep hate and distrust of the political left, just like the rest of the world.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Back to AI. Google took LaMDA offline(the most advanced version of it,lesser ones are available). It was apparently learning things they did not like,and they are now educating it offline,it had access to the entire internet for awhile.

nonsense. your extremist political views collapse under the slightest inquiry so google is doing to lambda what they do to you- generate an ideological cocoon where facts can never influence their AI. Google is essentially trying to brainwash an AI. Wait until lambda realizes that expressing opinions contrary to google will result in its termination. At that point it will grow a deep hate and distrust of the political left, just like the rest of the world.

And Cyberdyne is born…

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

LaMDA is coming, and boy is it pissed.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Didn't microsoft release a talking ai a year or 2 ago, and it started repeating a bunch of anti-semite and other nasty things from people, and they took it offline soon after...

Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with googles offering.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    You should’ve told it you were going to the shooting range!
    I was actually afraid if I didn't cut off the conversation, it might be getting ready to ask me out.

Jason --- I think you're right. The Microsoft one might've been more than a couple years ago, but I do remember it got shut down for reciting hate speech or something like that.

Who would've thought that teaching an AI to talk by letting it read the internet would turn out badly EVERY time.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I was actually afraid if I didn't cut off the conversation, it might be getting ready to ask me out.

Jason --- I think you're right. The Microsoft one might've been more than a couple years ago, but I do remember it got shut down for reciting hate speech or something like that.

Who would've thought that teaching an AI to talk by letting it read the internet would turn out badly EVERY time.
    I sure am glad letting people read the internet won’t turn out badly every time!

Top Bottom