Facebook does have a positive side. It gets corrupt car dealers moving.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Or the alternative title "sunlight makes the cockroaches scatter."

Public Facebook posts can get shady car dealers to move when calls and emails are ignored. I imagined their social media manager calling the general manager asking "what in the hell did you guys do?!?!? We've got a PR problem."
    This was my public post.
    Ive given them two weeks to resolve this issue. I guess its time to air some dirty laundry. They have resorted to not returning my repeated calls or emails.

Andy Mohr Kia will rip you off and outright defraud you. They "helped" us buy out our lease. At the time of the transaction we mistakenly believed our last lease payment was still due so we paid them the residual plus what we thought was the 36th (and final) payment in good faith for them to send to Kia Finance to buy out the lease. A day later, we realized that would have actually been the 37th payment. We called Kia Finance, and they assured us that when they received the extra payment from the dealer during the buyout we would be refunded.

However when we didnt receive the payment, we investigated and learned Kia Finance didnt receive the extra payment. Andy Mohr Kia realized we only owed the residual and pocketed the extra payment. Instead they calculated a whopping $2.50 overpayment and sent us a check. That check was over $350 short in reality.

I went into Andy Mohr Kia several weeks ago and spoke with them. They assured me they would get to the bottom of it. I didnt hear anything so I emailed the finance guy I talked to 3 days later. He confused me with another person owed money at first. Exactly how many people are they overcharging?!?!?!

And that is on top of the extra fees they claimed we owed. Out of the gate they insisted that we needed to pay a $500 fee to to buy out the lease "because that is how it works". Except my lease contract stipulated a $0 fee buyout. I had to aggressively refuse to pay that fraudulent fee. Anyone not paying attention to their paperwork would have assumed they needed to pay that. (I assume that is where my extra lease payment went)

Dont do business with Andy Mohr Kia because they will rip you off.

Next step is a complaint to the AG's office, and small claims court.

I had been calling (he sends all calls to VM) and emailing repeatedly, but all went unanswered.

Only a couple hours after posting that, "coincidentally" the finance manager called me. "His underling had forwarded my email to him" and he wanted to understand what was going on. (this is the guy I actually did the deal with) Suuuuure its because of the emails. No, the social media person gave him the heads-up after they were notified they were tagged. Within 5 minutes I had explained the situation, and he agreed they owed me the money and assured me they would cut a check on Monday. Though I'm not sure why the back office couldnt have cut the check today in the hour they had left. (We hung up the phone right at 4P)

We'll see.

As a result, they've lost ALL my business. Two cars going to the service dept for PM every 5k, no more new cars from them for me and Mrs. Monkey, and No used cars for either of my soon to be teen drivers.

The guy I talked to in person had all the details. I even broke down in a table how they screwed up. It wasnt hard math. He could have cut a check that following Monday 2 weeks ago and saved the relationship. (He just had to verify how much they sent to Finance and whether they owed us or Finance owed us) Now I wouldnt pee on them if they were on fire.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Until the car market corrects, they probably would prefer you don't come back.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk
    I did come out WAAAAAY on top on the deal. Residual was just over $16k. (calculated 3 years ago, not expecting this chaos) To buy the exact same car would have cost me between $24-$30K. I'd have been a total fool to turn it in.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Andy Mohr is the cheaper than dirt of car dealers.

Last year I stopped to check out a Nissan Frontier as I was in the market for a new truck. When they brought “their best offer” to the table it was like 15k over msrp and 5k more than a comparably optioned full size Silverado deal I had left on the table elsewhere that morning.

They asked me what I thought a good deal was so I named a price 15k under msrp and said “it sounds just as ridiculous the other way doesn’t it”.

I had a pre approved loan in hand with my bank and was ready to pay msrp but a 20+% markup….. no way.

**** Andy Mohr

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A lot of the Indy dealers are shady at best. I've found Tom Wood to be honest, but often overpriced. I've found Tom O'Brien to be generally fairly priced and honest. I've found Ray Skillman to be scummy scum of scumness. The dealerships, mind you, not the individuals. I don't know any of the individuals.

There's a reason I'm willing to fly or drive to pick up my next truck. Dealerships here: MSRP + ADM. Dealerships out there: Under invoice

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A lot of the Indy dealers are shady at best. I've found Tom Wood to be honest, but often overpriced. I've found Tom O'Brien to be generally fairly priced and honest. I've found Ray Skillman to be scummy scum of scumness. The dealerships, mind you, not the individuals. I don't know any of the individuals.

There's a reason I'm willing to fly or drive to pick up my next truck. Dealerships here: MSRP + ADM. Dealerships out there: Under invoice
    Ive actually worked for several of the extended Obrien clan as an IT contractor. (They are Catholic, so there are LOTS of them :):) I agree, they are generally good people.

Skillman REALLY pee'd me off. Besides continuing to send me offer letters almost weekly for a car I got rid of 3 years ago, their service department takes the cake.

My 2012 Forte with the Fed bare minimum TPS system was flaky. This system was barebones. If it detected low pressure, it would only show an icon on the dash. It didnt have the fancy per tire pressure readings more expensive systems had. On trips over 2 hours, the TPS would error out. After several detours to check the tire pressure and discover all was well, I realized the 30 seconds flashing of the TPS light followed by constant on meant the TPS system saw an error. (not that a tire was low) So I took it in to skillman.

"Its not throwing a code. We dont know what is going on so we cant fix it."

I went through this several times until I got to 95K and realized this was my last chance to fix under the 100k warranty.

The service writer once again told me she wasnt sure what they could do if it wasnt throwing a code, but they would take a look at it. She didnt give me warm fuzzies about actually fixing it. I thanked her and went to the waiting room to wait for a coworker to come pick me up and take me to the office a couple miles away.

While I was waiting, the writer came out and asked me to come talk to her. I got out there and she said "I looked at your mileage and realized that the electronics warranty expired back at 75k. But since its no longer under warranty, I assure you we can fix this. We can just start replacing parts and see what happens.

LOLWUT?!?!? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! You mean to tell me that I've brought this car in 3x and you couldnt fix it just because "it wasnt throwing a code"? But now that its MY money paying for the parts you'll happily start swapping parts until it is fixed? Awwww HELLS NAW! Gimme my keys. You arent touching my damn car. You can go to hell.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I bought my truck from Andy Mohr Chevy in Plainfield in ‘20, my first purchase from them. They have that no haggle bs, whatever, the price was fair for it, the salesperson was good, younger guy that hadn’t been at it long, didn’t know much about ford pickups but that’s fine, I’d done my research, their finance manager, he was an aggressive, pushy sob. Really it was a pretty pleasant experience until I had to talk to him and argue about all the up sales. Him “you need this! Me “im don’t want the extended warranty.” He about went through the roof telling me how I’d be responsible for any costs of repair. No **** dude, like I have been with all my cars! :xmad:

Bob Bowen Ford in Brazil was great to deal with though, we bought my daughters car there, the salesman pulled a couple cars into the garage because it was pouring rain, we test drove them, then he pulled out his price book, shows me what they paid, shows me the markup, finance manager says are you thinking about adding a warranty, I say no he says ok on to the payments. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    My other half just ordered a new car since it was cheaper than a used. She had to negotiate ordering the car.

I don't mean price, I mean she had to negotiate the dealer ordering the car.

Since she was a repeat customer, and willing to trade her current one in (before delivery) they let her use the factory employee discount from a family member. Asked her not to advertise they gave her the discount because they don't typically honor it these days and customers get confrontational about it when they tell them no so they wanted to try and avoid that.

They wouldn't budge on ordering without the trade.

Price? They hooked her up with MSRP (minus discount) since we have family that work at the dealer. Normally I guess they take MSRP and add around a 20% to the price as a "market adjustment"

When a this was taking place, they had 0 new cars in stock.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A couple of weeks ago, we thought we might have finally arrived at a point where we were going to have to replace my wife’s car. As a GM retiree, I still get the GM employee discount. I found that between dealers charging over sticker price and some no longer honoring the employee discount, I was glad we got to kick that particular can down the road a bit longer.

From the reports I’m getting, the dealers are not hurting during this “chip shortage”. They are selling the cars and trucks right off the transport trailers and are making bank off each one.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I've had generally good experiences with Andy Mohr Toyota. I would have gone Ford but they had just abandoned the standard v8 F150. I had bad experiences with GM, so Toyota was the only standard v8 full size truck I felt that I could rely on.
    I could not get them to budge off the sticker; I played "hardball" by walking away and the truck I was looking at sold that night. This was in 2015, before today's crazy prices.
    Paid basically full price, but didn't pay a markup. Truck has been a nice, reliable car. Rolled 105K miles this year.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Andy, blossom, not sure about skillman. I would never tske a car to skillman for repairs. Neveeeeer nevvver never ever never. I quit taking my work truck there because of their shenanigans.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’ve never understood why the auto manufacturers put up with dealer shenanigans. We’ve all had bad luck with one car make or another. It’s a machine and machines break sometimes. It’s often how it’s resolved that can make the difference. Some of the examples given above are all too common tales I’ve heard talking about different dealers.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    In the future, work directly with the Finance Arm and not the dealer. The dealer is just a broker looking for a cut at that point. It's the finance arm that owns the vehicle and has the agreement with you, whether a lease or a captive loan.

They'll literally say your balance is x, you'll send x and within a couple of weeks your paperwork and title show up. No additional fees or runaround. Dealerships suck, even more so right now.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I still don’t understand the shortage. I work in a small industrial park in sellersburg, there’s a set of railroad tracks at the entrance to the park, every single day there are at least a half dozen miles long trains with nothing but car haulers FULL of new Fords heading north. Where are all of those vehicles going?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I still don’t understand the shortage. I work in a small industrial park in sellersburg, there’s a set of railroad tracks at the entrance to the park, every single day there are at least a half dozen miles long trains with nothing but car haulers FULL of new Fords heading north. Where are all of those vehicles going?
    Part of it could be is that the pipeline emptied out a couple years ago. The demand has stayed strong and even if the supply has caught up some, the pipeline (car lots) are only putting out what is being demanded. No surplus has been created yet.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My wife is going to need another new one soon. I dread fighting with them on pricing. I get GM employee pricing and my wife gets Stellantis (CDJ). We have 2013 Wrangler for her that we bought new from O'Brien's. Since my buddy Sloan doesn't work there now, we will be shopping around probably nest year.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Last year a friend of mine called from North Carolina and said he located a van on the internet at Andy Mohr up on Ind. 37 and wanted me to go inspect it. So I drove up there and looked it over real good and other than rust it looked to be in great shape so I test drove it and then called my friend and told him and he asked me to buy it for him

Now the dealership had wanted $2500.00 for it but it would soon be going to auction if it didn't sell that holiday weekend and they dropped the price to $1850.00. They said it had to be cash only, so I went to a local bank that I bank with and withdrew $3000.00 because I didn't know what the total with tax and all would be.

So the total came to $2500.00 plus tax and all and it's my fault that I didn't examine the paperwork. But long story short, they charged for paperwork (doc fee) and insurance, what! and several other things and ended up getting their $2500.00 anyway. I guess I'll have to say that I learned a very hard lesson, but! my friend didn't mind and he's still using the van several years later. But I'll never trust a dealer again. I've never had a problem in the past so I guess I got complacent.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom