Facebook announces temporary ban on ads for 'weapon accessories and protective equipment'

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've been a furtunate holdout of Facebook. My kids were just old enough that my presence there was not required to supervise them.

I've also successfully pushed back (gullible) friends who drank that koolaid.

I feel bad for folks who haven't been as fortunate as me. And also understand that there are plenty of good folks out there who are so invested in the Facebook that they cannot really just give it up.

Hopefully 2021 will be just the beginning of a multitude of new freedom/liberty Internet platforms?

I think we can begin the process by getting the govt out of :poop::poop::poop: they don't understand and never did...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    And also understand that there are plenty of good folks out there who are so invested in the Facebook that they cannot really just give it up.
    Respectfully, they can give it up, they just don't want to. Human civilization somehow managed to progress for tens of thousands of years before FB came along.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Respectfully, they can give it up, they just don't want to. Human civilization somehow managed to progress for tens of thousands of years before FB came along.
    There are folks, fortunatly not me, where that is their only resource for for pictures of the grandkids.

There are still organizations where the lionshare of their info is kept on Facebook. One is our own...

https://the2aproject.com/
    cr=t:0%25,l:0%25,w:100%25,h:100%25

I gather that there is info on Facebook that I as a member do not have access to?

There are still training groups and local pro-2A groups out there who mostly work through Facebook. Hopefully this a learning moment for them?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Email, text messages, mail all still exist.
    Believe me, I understand. Like I said, I'm furtunate. Lotta folks aren't though.

There are age groups out there who have drank the koodaid and believe that Facebook is the Internet. :rolleyes: They sometimes don't know otherwise, sometimes don't care.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood

This. FB is not necessary, it is convenient. Using FB trades freedom for convenience.

I’m starting to put my money where my mouth is. I deleted my FB account a few days ago. Amazon is also on my list to ditch. Yup, Amazon is convenient, but not necessary.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If someone is unable or unwilling to have a conversation with their kids to explain why they are deleting FB and ask them to thumb out a text with pics of the grandkids once a month, then they have major family issues that probably should be addressed.

On the flip side, if they only use FB to see pics of the grandkids, then they probably shouldn't care if FB hosts gun related content or not.

I don't use FB so I have no dog in the fight either way. It makes no difference to me at all what content FB allows. I'm just tired of hearing people whining about it while not being willing to actually do anything about it.

Reactions: JHB

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've perma banned facebook long ago. Never did the twiiter thing. Ingo is pretty much my only social media outlet. I can phone, text and email friends and family and spend time with them in person if need be. Don't need FB to communicate with them.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    For me I keep facebook to stay in contact with those I served with since some are still in. We were able to quickly arrange a 10yr deployment reunion vs traditional routes.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    Agree with both of you. But today the kids use technology and if it is not easy they will not send the grandkids pic's. I know this from friends and what they deal with...
    It is easier to post a pic on email than to post on Facebook

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I created an account years ago then they started to keep your data i deleted everything i had on my account. I dislike Facebook. Isn't there something better and something that is actually freedom loving that is similar to Facebook?

I've been using signal as a messenger for awhile now most of the people I know use it as well. Love the privacy it provides and the encryption.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm on Facebook, and I stay on it mainly to stay in touch with people.
    I do post a lot of stuff slamming left wingers and other anti-American types, and I haven't been put in FB Jail yet.
    BUT, I'm on other sites and forums that are open to free speech too.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    For me I keep facebook to stay in contact with those I served with since some are still in. We were able to quickly arrange a 10yr deployment reunion vs traditional routes.
    For a long time this was the only reason I kept a FB account. But since I mostly text or email the ones I'm close with, I decided that being data-mined by FascistBook for the dubious "priviledge" of having posts censored or having my account locked, wasn't worth it.

I feel cleaner, like I washed their slimy swamp water off of me

Top Bottom