• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    The joy of telling people like that to FATWO is delicious, they have already burnt down any consideration for trying to get along with the neighbors

If I had a tractor, I might have gone and ripped the bumper off his BMW while trying to 'help' him, though. Oops
    Sadly they moved around June. Apparently they did not feel it was welcoming Here.

From what I am told they moved to the West Coast.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Carry guns go back a ways in my family, it's the caliber that has changed. One grandfather always had a Remington .22 rifle in his jon boat on the Wabash, another toted a Hi-Standard Double Nine .22 when he felt like it (I inherited the Double Nine, still have it.)

My step-father always carried a Colt Woodsman .22 when we'd go into the woods here in Southern Indiana. My father preferred his H&R .22 magnum when he'd travel for work.

My brothers and nephews all have 9mm handguns we carry daily...Glock, Ruger (me), S&W. For years I hiked with a Single Six on my hip, now it's either the M9 or Security 9.

For that matter friends from work all carry 9mm as well...Glock, Ruger, Kel-Tec, S&W, Taurus (there's alot of firepower in the parking lot at work).

I said the caliber has changed but I supposed the threat has changed as well. Almost daily shootings here in Evansville, it's gotten alot worse since Covid.
    Wonder if there were caliber debates back then?

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I posted about it some time ago, From Left to Right, Blue Lives Matter, USMC, and Old Glory.

They stated in their letter they found them to be offensive and they needed to be removed.

Wow. That's crazy. Maybe they should leave the United States if they are offended by such flags. They might find Communist China more to their liking.

EDIT: It sounds like they moved to Commiefornia per your other post. I guess they probably fit in there, telling other poeple what to do.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Meh.... sheep always think sheepdogs are paranoid.
    You Know I was out back working most of the day, when I saw all 5 LGD’s line up at once on the southern fence line of our property and they were not happy. One or two no big deal but when I see all five Houston we have a problem. I gave it a few minutes had a snack drank some Gatorade. Then I see someone wondering over presumably from the campground, apparently out of t owners struggle with basic reading skills and are unaware of the meaning of Purple.

Then I thought about it and Big Red came to mind, because all this time the Herd was simply foraging and going about their business. Why because they knew the LGD,s would keep them safe.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Probably whatever was most affordable. Grandpa talked about buying three .22 bullets for a penny. He had to make each shot count (Great Depression was a hard teacher).

My dad tells the story of walking down to the General Store after receiving his cotton-picking money. Literally.

He'd buy one 50 round box of 22 short for $0.25. 22 short was the cheapest back then.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    My dad tells the story of walking down to the General Store after receiving his cotton-picking money. Literally.

He'd buy one 50 round box of 22 short for $0.25. 22 short was the cheapest back then.

Yup...squirrel, rabbit..whatever put meat on the table. Nothing was wasted.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I carry all of the time.

It's mostly just practice, so I don't stand out or look weird when I'm really serious about carrying. ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I didn't grow up in a gun owning family. But, my father bought a Glenfield Marlin 25 when I was 12 and did his best to try to teach me how to shoot based on memories from his time in the Army in the early 50s.

Carry would have been unthinkable back then in our family. Oh, how things have changed. I taught both of my sons how to shoot and took them both down for their LTCH when they turned 18.

I carry or have a gun within inches 24/7. Even now, as I sit out front here in a nice neighborhood on a beautiful evening, there's a P226 on my hip.

Some say that the world has gotten better since the 1970s but that's bs. There's too much entitlement and too little respect for human life today.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    My Dad had long guns around my whole life but never expressed much interest in handguns until age caught up with him. I'm not sure he ever carried outside the house.
    My grandfather on my mother's side lived deep inside Virginia and fought in WWI. My mother has no memory of him without two pistols open carry.
    I inherited a small .25 purse gun from one of my great aunts, whom by all accounts was a lot of fun at parties.
    I guess it's all about where you were back then.
    Me? If they made functional rubber guns to keep in the shower I'd have one of them too.

Top Bottom