• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    "When Mr. Magenheimer attempted to explain to the officers that their actions were illegal, the officers forcibly removed him from the property."

Yes, they don't really respond to that too well. I am surprised he didn't have some sort of accident on the way out.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    "When Mr. Magenheimer attempted to explain to the officers that their actions were illegal, the officers forcibly removed him from the property."

Yes, they don't really respond to that too well. I am surprised he didn't have some sort of accident on the way out.
    The EPD has a pretty good reputation. I don't think we have real thugs on the force. I'm NOT surprised that the "perp" (sorry about that, Mr. Frost:D) didn't accidently fall down and get his arm broken, face scratched or noggin smacked.

btgarner0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Southern IN
    What pictures? Are you saying you got your picture taken when you applied for your LTCH? I live right next door(Warrick Co) and I didn't.

Yes. When I applied, I was told that they were/have a photo data base that they keep on all applicants. I was not given an option but was made to believe that this is " procedure " . I question this and wonder the true reasoning since I have already provided all information to the state. Have been told by license branch that they can see that I have a license to carry, when I was stopped by ISP they asked if I was carrying, all information is provided when they " run " your drivers license.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yes. When I applied, I was told that they were/have a photo data base that they keep on all applicants. I was not given an option but was made to believe that this is " procedure " . I question this and wonder the true reasoning since I have already provided all information to the state. Have been told by license branch that they can see that I have a license to carry, when I was stopped by ISP they asked if I was carrying, all information is provided when they " run " your drivers license.

We have had several Officers on here confirm many times that LTCH info is NOT on the DL database. If they knew you had one, they either looked it up in a separate system, or perhaps you have a pro gun bumper sticker?

As for the picture? Not legally required.. They lied to you.

zombiekilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    Mt. Vernon
    Just read a artical in the Evansville Courier Press about the guy at the zoo. They are trying to make him sound like a fool, even had a lawyer from Indy say that he should have concealed his gun when asked. Sounds like some liberal BS to me!

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Just read a artical in the Evansville Courier Press about the guy at the zoo. They are trying to make him sound like a fool, even had a lawyer from Indy say that he should have concealed his gun when asked. Sounds like some liberal BS to me!

Here is the link: http://www.courierpress.com/news/2011/sep/19/EV_zoo/

I am very surprised at the comments of Bryan Ciyou. One would think the author of an Indiana firearms reference manual would understand our new preemption statute and an Indiana citizen's right to OC.

It is fundamentally wrong to say "the police were correct to request the man to hide the gun from public view." On city property, it was ILLEGAL for police to order my client to conceal his firearm.

By the way, there is a poll attached to the article. INGOers should express their opinion.

Guy

Last edited:
    Top Bottom