Euthanasia seems to be making a comeback.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Ran into a cantankerous old man this week...

"It's a beautiful day out there"

Old man: "Every day you"re alive is a good day. Those that think otherwise can stop sucking up my air".

Don't know why his comment hit me like it did....perhaps because it had truth in it.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Ran into a catarkemous old man this week...

Old man: "Every day you"re alive is a good day. Those that think otherwise can stop sucking up my air".

Don't know why his comment hit me like it did....perhaps because it had truth in it.
    "Life is good if you get to live it". My standard when somebody is whining.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ran into a cantankerous old man this week...

If you wake up on the green side of the grass it's a good day.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    On a related note and related to the PhD thesis of the semi-maverick Justice Gorsuch:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    On a related note and related to the PhD thesis of the semi-maverick Justice Gorsuch:

“it appears that, for every three or four acts of voluntary euthanasia, the Dutch regime generates one case of a patient being killed without consent.” Moreover, he continues, euthanasia and assisted suicide are often motivated less by the desire to alleviate pain or respect patient autonomy than by a physician’s subjective belief that the patient’s quality of life is “degrading” or “hopeless.”

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    “it appears that, for every three or four acts of voluntary euthanasia, the Dutch regime generates one case of a patient being killed without consent.” Moreover, he continues, euthanasia and assisted suicide are often motivated less by the desire to alleviate pain or respect patient autonomy than by a physician’s subjective belief that the patient’s quality of life is “degrading” or “hopeless.”
    Yeah, quite a bit higher than I would've anticipated.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    What's all this talk about "Youth in Asia"? I think we need to worry more about the youth in America! Oh wait...

View attachment 228963
    Dude I will never freaking forget this: I was like 14 or 15 and in some Catholic youth group type thing, and we were in a meeting and somebody brought up euthanasia and singled me out and asked me what I thought about it.

I dead straight and earnestly responded "what do I think about young people in Asia?". It was the perfect blind spot. Knew the concept but had never heard the word. Completely oblivious. It was amazing.

Anyway, I sleep on a literal pile of guns, I don't need the government's permission to flip my own off switch if need be. It should stay illegal if only to keep the ghouls in government from pushing it on people.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Dude I will never freaking forget this: I was like 14 or 15 and in some Catholic youth group type thing, and we were in a meeting and somebody brought up euthanasia and singled me out and asked me what I thought about it.

I dead straight and earnestly responded "what do I think about young people in Asia?". It was the perfect blind spot. Knew the concept but had never heard the word. Completely oblivious. It was amazing.

Anyway, I sleep on a literal pile of guns, I don't need the government's permission to flip my own off switch if need be. It should stay illegal if only to keep the ghouls in government from pushing it on people.
    What about using Hospice?

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    What about using Hospice?
    This one is touching for me. My late wife died from a brain infection. Doctors had told her from the beginning that it could happen, it was rare, but it was a possibility. She went to sleep one day and never woke up. She was in a hospital for 10 days and they did everything they could to bring her out of it even though brain scans showed no activity from day 1 in the hospital, they sent her home under hospice care to die. One doctor said she could live several weeks, another said days. Hospice hooked up with a morphine drip and she was gone in 3 days. Yes, the morphine sped up the dying process brought and end quicker than just letting her body die slowly. I'm a believer in Jesus Christ and have wondered if I let them do the right thing. In my heart we did the right thing. We (doctors and family) really have no idea what happens to a person that is classified as "brain dead". I've heard stories of people that have have come back to life after being dead for several minutes and they have told what doctors, nurses and others have said while they were "dead".

I do not believe euthanasia should be used in any manner on anyone but know as in my wife's case there are reasons why it is done.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom