Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I just bought a Glock 43x for my edc after carrying my p320 for 5 years. Needless to say I need to stock up on mags. I can not get my hands on any shield arms s15's like I had planned. But I did find a deal on ets mags. I have never used them and I would need to use them quite a bit before I have confidence in them. I found 10 and 19 rounders.

What is ingos' thoughts? take a chance on the ets, or wait for the shield arms.
    third option which is the most conservative, buy stock glock mags?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    If your going to carry them I would stay stock. For the range I’ve heard good things about ETS in the 26/19/17.
    I would only carry with stock, possibly s.a. with a maybe 30 reloads each mag. If anything I would be using them as second string edc and range time.

I also need to explore my options for holsters. I only have the desantis I bought and I am not a fan, but it works.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I got lucky and found 2 mags they allowed back order on..... got them in a month or so never have had a problem. The 43x is not the best gun with the stock mags in my opinion..... but with the 15rnd mag I think it is hard to beat. Just my humble opinion.

Flight567

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    US
    I've no personal experience with them, though I've asked John lovell about them and he told me that they are good to go. I generally try to stay stock, but if I'm doing an aftermarket mag it'll probably be that one based on John's recommendation.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    I just bought a Glock 43x for my edc after carrying my p320 for 5 years. Needless to say I need to stock up on mags. I can not get my hands on any shield arms s15's like I had planned. But I did find a deal on ets mags. I have never used them and I would need to use them quite a bit before I have confidence in them. I found 10 and 19 rounders.

What is ingos' thoughts? take a chance on the ets, or wait for the shield arms.
    third option which is the most conservative, buy stock glock mags?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    If your going to carry them I would stay stock. For the range I’ve heard good things about ETS in the 26/19/17.

I too have heard great things about the ETS line atleast for range use. Im sure in a hard spot no one is going to laugh at an ETS mag. Worth getting and testing. The plastic does 'feel' more brittle but mo strength to breaking vs strength to deforming can cause this.

any reason why the change from the 320? glock and p320 are darn near similar and just wondering.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Been using ETS mags since October 2016. I bought them while I was in Vegas just for the "cool factor", but I have really put them through the ringer in matches, practice, and training. Since downsizing from my 19 and 17 to my 48s, I use ETS mags exclusively. They seem to have stronger springs, easier to take apart, and no flex or delamination of the feed lips.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I too have heard great things about the ETS line atleast for range use. Im sure in a hard spot no one is going to laugh at an ETS mag. Worth getting and testing. The plastic does 'feel' more brittle but mo strength to breaking vs strength to deforming can cause this.

any reason why the change from the 320? glock and p320 are darn near similar and just wondering.
    back issues made it uncomfortable to carry the 320c in the "most comfortable" position.
    The 43x being much smaller I was able to transition to aiwb and it helps. also lessen the opportunity to print seeing as the social climate is changing.

Also most of my training i use 9mm. the 320c was 40S&w. with the lack of training I decided consolidating down to the same round between my owb "shtf" and my edc would be the efficient move to compensate.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    It sounds like I should give them a shot. especially for the price. I like trust my edc, so They'll go through the ringer first

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    back issues made it uncomfortable to carry the 320c in the "most comfortable" position.
    The 43x being much smaller I was able to transition to aiwb and it helps. also lessen the opportunity to print seeing as the social climate is changing.

Also most of my training i use 9mm. the 320c was 40S&w. with the lack of training I decided consolidating down to the same round between my owb "shtf" and my edc would be the efficient move to compensate.
    Ah completely understand! The glocks
    ARE slimmer. And the p320 lines are still proving themselves. Glocks are solid contenders for 30+ years.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I bought a 12 round ETS mag for my Glock 43. Rounds would sometimes nosedive inwards and jam up the mag, probably one in every 30-40 rounds fired through that magazine so I gave it away.

Granted, that was a sample size of only one, maybe I got a lemon. Many are very happy with them. And either way, still better than ProMag garbage.

My vote is for stock Glock mags for any serious use.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    I've got multiple ETS Glock mags in different capacity all the way up to the 40rd mags. I've never had an issue work any of them out of my Glock or AR9, even with steel ammo.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have several ETS mags in various calibers and capacities. I got them very cheap, like $6 - $12 each type cheap depending on the capacity. I have never had any issues with any of them, but they are range only mags for me. For me it would depend on price. If they are only a couple dollars cheaper than OEM then I'd pass and buy OEM, but if they are cheap enough, having a few for the range bag isn't bad.

Top Bottom