• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So you'd land in water...whats the worst that could happen?
    That’s pretty much how I had it figured, until one day when I was about 14-15, and the opportunity presented itself to ride a bmx bike off a rickety old boat dock into a pond.

Pro tip: separate yourself from the bike before you hit the water!

Lpherr

Occupied
    A friend and I were skateboarding up and down some large hills in MI.
    At the bottom of the hill, we would coast up the other side until we slowed enough to stop.
    Then there was the hike back up the hill to ride down again. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    I decided that to save time, and the additional walking, I would jump off the skateboard at the bottom of the hill.
    I quickly found what inertia was. I planted my feet, to quickly enter into a head over heals tumble and slide across the blacktop.
    After recomposing myself, we continued, but rode the hill up to a stop.
    We found out the following day, by my friends mom in her car following us, we were traveling at almost 40mph at the point I departed my skateboard. Those were the days.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A friend and I were skateboarding up and down some large hills in MI.
    At the bottom of the hill, we would coast up the other side until we slowed enough to stop.
    Then there was the hike back up the hill to ride down again. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    I decided that to save time, and the additional walking, I would jump off the skateboard at the bottom of the hill.
    I quickly found what inertia was. I planted my feet, to quickly enter into a head over heals tumble and slide across the blacktop.
    After recomposing myself, we continued, but rode the hill up to a stop.
    We found out the following day, by my friends mom in her car following us, we were traveling at almost 40mph at the point I departed my skateboard. Those were the days.
    You're supposed to flip the skateboard around at the top of the other side and ride it back down! :):

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    That’s pretty much how I had it figured, until one day when I was about 14-15, and the opportunity presented itself to ride a bmx bike off a rickety old boat dock into a pond.

It's in that moment when you are in the air free of gravity you learn the lesson that every action has an equal reaction.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory is forever.

At maybe 9 years of age, I tried to jump off a skateboard at the bottom of a hill like that, one foot stayed on the skateboard. Did an instant perfect split. Ouch.
    Honestly I would be pretty disappointed in my own kids if given a hill that awesome and a bike, they wouldn’t try to ride it.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    In my lifetime I am more apt to get struck by lightning than win the Powerball. Yet I still play every week and plan for what I will do with the winnings. You mother heifers will never see the likes of me again!

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You make it sound like you walked funny for awhile. :):

Top Bottom