• ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Sarcasm?
    Cause we know that not only will they not be held accountable, but they will be celebrated.
    Then, any problems will be blamed on "capitalism", and also blame people not part of the "hive".

Irony of irony is that we heard news of the wood shortages from China over a year ago in my industry. Now it appears to be a shipping problem more so than a production problem.

Capitalism sent the wood industry out of the country, cheap communist labor is why the prices tripled. Who could have ever predicted that?

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I don't know if there is any truth to it but I heard today that most of the lumber coming into America now is coming from Canada and supposedly the tarifs have risen quite a bit which has caused some of the increase.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I don't know if there is any truth to it but I heard today that most of the lumber coming into America now is coming from Canada and supposedly the tarifs have risen quite a bit which has caused some of the increase.

It appears the tariff stands now at 9%, down from 20% in 2017 when wood was still cheap.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Doesn't make much sense. Heard from a friend in the industry that the mills aren't paying any more for logs now as what they were a year ago. Yeah, demand is up some, Covid caused some shutdowns, but all the mills are running again at full blast.
    And its not just lumber and plywood. Treated fence posts have almost doubled in the last 6 months, if we can even get them. Our stock is starting to get a little thin.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    You can figure the price of gas going up will drive up just the products being trucked across the US. Oh, that is pretty much everything isn't it. Last I remember plastic and vinyl is made from oil also. Of course some here voted for that. Jim.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You can figure the price of gas going up will drive up just the products being trucked across the US. Oh, that is pretty much everything isn't it. Last I remember plastic and vinyl is made from oil also. Of course some here voted for that. Jim.
    We get price increases daily from our resin suppliers. With customers that will even accept an increase I can't get them implemented before the next one hits.

As a reference, sometimes the resin price doesn't change enough over the life of a program because the changes are so miniscule. Plus during that 5 year or so time period, it moves up and down leveling out.

Current prices are increasing double digit percentages. Sometimes 2x a month.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    If you start passing out money to people that aren't working for it and handing out extra to those that don't normally have any extra money, don't be surprised when they buy out the stores and the increased demand causes the prices to increase. I'm glad I bought most of the materials I've used in the last year with my money before the freebees started.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I received a text from a friend today.
    It was nothing but a picture of a price tag at a Home Depot somewhere in the United States.

I wish I knew how to link this pic, but I don't.
    The ad read "3/4" Standard Plywood" for $95.98@

I don't know how anyone could afford to build anything at these prices.
    So that makes my house worth about $10 million now . :rockwoot:

Top Bottom