• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    My neighbor yo the north is a contractor. He is flat out upside down busy. He does any of the work we have to hire out. They did the front of the house 2 years ago with the room addition. We knew the back needed done. so he started bringing home non-used materials from the jobs they were doing. I stored them.
    Weather got us last year.
    With his generosity and a couple of his crew working a Sunday all I had to buy was the membrane/nails/shingles. Neighbors taking care of neighbors.

I will be installing a new system in his house when they remodel at my costs. No labor.

Wait.....90 sheets.......:faint:
    No direct criticism of you as I would have enjoyed the benefit, but basically the contractor overcharged on jobs for materials and brought home the excess. I once knew a contractor who had a stack of 4x8 sheets of plywood (laying flat) that was over 8’ feet tall that he had skimmed off various jobs over a reasonably short period of time.

When we paid to have a room added on to our house as few years ago I noticed several large pieces of dimensional lumber ( 2x8/2/10/2/12 ) that the contractor was obviously not going to need to complete the framing. I insisted he leave them all on site and he actually got pi$$ed. I’m assuming he had a project of his own and had included some of the materials he needed in my job order.
    Probably happens a LOT. Not saying contractors can figure board feet needed to the half foot, but. . . . . . . .

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I have 2 pieces of 3/4" x 48" x 34 1/2". I bought 2 4x8 sheets for a project and this is left over. I want to make a piece of fold up or slot together camping furniture out of it. I haven't decided for certain yet.

Top Bottom