Entangled Handgun September 9th and 10th with Immediate Action Combatives and Independence Training

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Course title: Entangled Handgun
    Date: September 9th (evening/night) and September 10th
    Cost: $350

Immediate Action Combatives website: http://www.iacombatives.com/
    Point of contact for sign up is me: email is billy@terrehauteguns.com I can also provide you with my cellphone via pm.

On the evening of September 9th and day of September 10th in Terre Haute Indiana Cecil Burch of Immediate Action Combatives and Glen Stilson of Independence Training will be teaching Entangled Handgun. The course will take place at McVicker's Martial Arts on Friday evening the 9th beginning at 6pm and Riley Conservation Club all day the 10th of September of 2022. Friday night will consist of clinch skills in a weapons based environment. Saturday will be spent on the range. There will be both a live fire portion (200 rounds) as well as force on force (simunitions included). Areas to the course covers includes dealing with an ambush, default cover position, safely entering and exiting the clinch, controlling the entanglement, individual and partner drills, and gradual introduction into sparring. Fighting attached and unattached, retention and compressed shooting based on proximity of threat, disengaging from the clinch, safely gaining distance for escape, weapons access, keeping the fight standing, and defending takedowns. The cost is $350. If you would like to be part of the class please reach out and I'll give you more information such as addresses, hotel recommendations etc. and answer any other questions you may have. There is a capped enrollment, but this is the first place I have posted about it. Gear lists etc. can be provided but most importantly loose, comfortable but durable clothing, a notebook and open mind, a pistol with at least 3 spare mags, a good belt and holster, 200 rounds of ammunition, mouthpiece, and a cup and or rag etc. if you desire extra protection from sims. A handgun trainer as well as boxing or MMA gloves are great if you have them but can/will also be provided.

Hopefully we will see some INGO members in class. These guys taught close contact handgun last September which is a deeper dive into Craig Douglas' MUC concepts which was to a sold-out class. This class will be slightly more hands on and physical in a good way, and we are happy to have them back. Sunday we may put together a weapons based jiujitsu seminar, and or a medical class for anyone interested since these guys will be in town Sunday as well. These will be separate from the class but if you are interested in both and or only one of the Sunday offerings no official decision has been made but felt it was worth mentioning. Thanks guys, again hope to see some of you there. Please reach out if you'd like to join in or if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I was in attendance for Cecil's seminar last year and I will be in attendance again this year. This should be come good training. If you're interested in how to access and use your pistol in contact-distance encounters, you should really come attend this course.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I sent him a message the day he posted this and haven’t heard back. Anyone know if there’s another way to register?
    I'm going to give send him a text and let him know people are trying to get in touch with him. I'll see if he will provide better contact information in the post.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I sent him a message the day he posted this and haven’t heard back. Anyone know if there’s another way to register?
    I just responded to your PM. I'm sorry I didn't get to you that day.

Also I've made a few bullet points if that's more helpful to everyone prior to what I had written. Thank you.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I got your pm and email. Just pm’d you back and I’ll shoot you an email. Thanks Joe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Another sign up from INGO today, I believe that makes of us so far. As of now, there are still spots open if anyone is considering it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Just as a heads up to everyone I know th nis didn't work out in '22 but we are on this September, no details have changed except the date which is the 8th and 9th (of '23) not the 10th and 11th (of '22) I pm'd a few of you who signed up last year and talked to one in person and let you know. However, I know there was a 4th person from INGO I'm missing. While last year we had issues and the course didn't happen I'm confident it will work out this year. We have WAY more interested in people attending this year.

Top Bottom