Employer to require COVID-19 Vaccine by Aug 15th.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Given that these vaccines are NOT FDA approved, are being circulated under exemptions both to the standard trials and and also exempt from legal liability for injury to users, I don’t see any possible way this isn't subject to legal action.

I also recommend you start by asking @HoughMade given that he specialized in medical law (even if this specifically isn't his thing).
    I kinda suspect he works for the other team in these sorts of things.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My employer hasn't done it yet but you can tell they want to. Step one was offering a cheap cash incentive, so they could build their list of naughty little non-compliant employees. Step two was telling everyone that masks are staying because the dirty non-compliant employees won't get the vaccine. Once that's built up some resentment and division, step three with be threatening our jobs.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    My employer requires it if we travel out of the state or we have to quarantine when we get back and use our personal time.

I got the vaccine because I haven’t been there long enough to accrue enough personal time.

It’s dumb but a choice I made.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I've seen an employer hold raffles for employees that have proven they've been vaccinated....and now are letting the vaccinated go mask free, while those unvaccinated still must wear the mask.

Seems like it could be creating a hostile work environment?

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Thus far my employer is saying they aren't going to make it mandatory. Incentives have started ($100), similar to above, I'm guessing it will become mandatory as time goes on....8-years from retirement (at least financially, have my 25 years in for medical, etc.).

I also have a somewhat niche job, Dimensional Quality Engineering for Automotive, mandatory will make it a tough choice for me. I've worked my way into a busy, but not stressful (often) job.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Currently working in a hospital that requires proof of flu shot to get entry for work and access ID. I have NEVER had a flu shot and never claimed to have had a flu shot, yet they get twisted up anytime I miss a day due to tending other customers.
    My point being, when it involves something to their benefit, they'll turn a blind eye. I suspect this Covid vac may be that way too with many of them. When they don't have the personnel to get something they want done, they'll pop the blinders back for as long as it takes to get them what they want.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    You might contact the frontline doctors. They are a group of doctors that don't support the jab. They even mentioned at one point they would supply a lawyer in your type case.

Other than that, I have heard some earlier that went when there were several getting the jab. They filled out the paperwork along with many others. They all got it stamped. Then you just excuse yourself and go to the bathroom. You already signed in and you already have your card. They were doing so many they never noticed a few that wandered off after getting it documented.

Another option would be pay someone who doesn't mind it and has already had it (so you know it should be safe for them) and give them your drivers license and health insurance card to go get it again. Then it is in the system as well. Poof, you have had your shot.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Currently working in a hospital that requires proof of flu shot to get entry for work and access ID. I have NEVER had a flu shot and never claimed to have had a flu shot, yet they get twisted up anytime I miss a day due to tending other customers.
    My point being, when it involves something to their benefit, they'll turn a blind eye. I suspect this Covid vac may be that way too with many of them. When they don't have the personnel to get something they want done, they'll pop the blinders back for as long as it takes to get them what they want.

Half the workforce gets locked out, might be more turning a blind eye.

We're already short of people. And people are getting tired of the OT.
    If we had to lock out half the peoole, we might as well close the doors.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau

I'm in the sevice/maintenance industry and once we get on a jobsite, customers don't want us to leave and keep piling on the workload above and beyond the contract at price be damned rates. Couple the shortage of a skilled labor work force with the ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen and a flu/C19 vac seems to be the least of their worries.
    Let Biden fist our economy into submission and that could change very quickly.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I'm in the sevice/maintenance industry and once we get on a jobsite, customers don't want us to leave and keep piling on the workload above and beyond the contract at price be damned rates. Couple the shortage of a skilled labor work force with the ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen and a flu/C19 vac seems to be the least of their worries.
    Let Biden fist our economy into submission and that could change very quickly.
    I`ve been aware for some time about the shortage of skilled people, and even those who simply cannot pass the drug screen and background check. Never mind being there EVERY day, and ON TIME.

I`m starting to look around now, because I`m determined to NOT draw Social Security until FRA, which is 2 1/2 years out, and I`m looking to get either schooling and/or, training that would allow me to keep working at a decent paying job. I have physical limitations at 64 years old, so I need to find something that is MUCH less physical than I`m used to. It`s really a blessing for workers, that there are so few in the workforce today that can even meet the minimum requirements to get, and keep employment!

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse

Sad thing is; I’m sure I know where you work, I’ll just say my dept. is averaging 4,000 hrs OT/month, I’m getting 2 scheduled 16s a week, and STILL called if I want extra hours

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sad thing is; I’m sure I know where you work, I’ll just say my dept. is averaging 4,000 hrs OT/month, I’m getting 2 scheduled 16s a week, and STILL called if I want extra hours

Last year I averaged 59.5 hours a week.
    That's the yearly average, including the vacations with 0 hours worked.

Might have my 6 day week (days to 3-11s I only get 1 day off).
    Then, 2 shifts extra because of the open spot.
    Then, 2 shifts extra because someone is on vacation.
    Then, they ask me to work over, because something major broke, and they get mad because of the language I throw out.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Last year I averaged 59.5 hours a week.
    That's the yearly average, including the vacations with 0 hours worked.

Might have my 6 day week (days to 3-11s I only get 1 day off).
    Then, 2 shifts extra because of the open spot.
    Then, 2 shifts extra because someone is on vacation.
    Then, they ask me to work over, because something major broke, and they get mad because of the language I throw out.
    About to start my 6 day week, back to back double today/ tomorrow ( don’t count/ different weeks) 90+ degrees, no AC, one working window in a truck at a blast furnace.

at least there’s a lake

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Maybe not COVID specifically, but be careful of any general catch alls. The phases “as needed,” or “at the determination of,” have caught up more than a few people who refuse to do something.

I'll watch for that, I renew it every April until I decide to retire again.

PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    Stick to your guns on this one. Easy for me to say as my company hasn’t threatened my job yet, but I fear it might at some point. I’m in prayer that the good Lord will grant us mercy in this. For me starting over again would be devastating.

Top Bottom