• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • monsterisland1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    TIPTON
    The club is only as good as its members and members should attend meetings to voice their opinions.This is an outright lie!! If you voice your opinion they will get rid of you without any due process the person that runs this is an outright coward.
    Members will treat other members with proper respect when onthe property. Loud, profane or
    Boisterous language will not be allowed. Also not followed they treat members like crap they yell and scream even in meetings but if you even bring up one thing they don’t like your gone.
    Eye and ear protection are required while shooting on any range. This rule applies to non-shooters,
    Such as guests and children, as well. Allowing achild to run loose on any range will result in
    Expulsion from the club. Also BS no one uses eye protection.
    Now to the bylaws this is where it gets fun more than 15 times it says membership at a regular or special meeting. And yet I was told it was not a member ran club and they do want they want! the good old boys club.
    AND FOR THOSE THAT THINK I SHOULD GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SHOOT BECAUSE I'M TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS CLUB ALL I HAVE TO SAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT ALL I WANT IS FAIR PLAY,AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE CHANGEFOR THE BETTER, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU LEAVE,BECAUSE I WONT! PUT ME THROUGH DUE PROCESS AND WE WILL LET THE COURTS TAKE CARE OF IT! REMEMBER I DO HAVE THERIGHT TO FREE SPEECH WEATHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!! AND AS A MEMBER YOU TOOK AWAY THE RIGHT TO VOTE A MEMBER OUT.THE BYLAWS SAY WE THE MEMBERS MUST VOTE MEMBERS OUT.AND YES THE BYLAWS SAY THE TREASURE AT A MEMBERS REQUEST MUST PROVIDE A AUDIT AT THE MEMBERS REQUEST.THE REASON FOR THE AUDIT REQUEST WAS NOT FOR THEFT IT WAS BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS ALLOWED TO JOIN IN THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER WHEN MEMBERSHIP WAS CLOSED,AND SHE WAS BROUGHT IN TO MAKE SURE THE VOTE WENT THE WAY THEY WANTED IT.THIS IS A FACT JUST ASK THE 17 MEMBERS THAT CAME TO ME AND TOLD ME IT WAS A RIGGED ELECTION.THE FUNNY THING IS IF THEY HAD GIVEN THIS MEMBER DUE PROCESS I WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR HIM TO BE REMOVED,I ALSO WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR THE TRUSTEE THAT WAS ALSO AT FAULT TO BE VOTED OUT.WE HAVE A MEMBER OF THE BOARD THAT 76 MEMBERS HAVE TOLD ME NEEDS TO BE VOTED OUT BECAUSE OF HIS YELLING AND SCREAMING AT MEMBERS ON THE RANGE.UNLIKE SOME OF THE PEOPLE I'M NOT A COWARD I DON'T DO THINGS BEHIND YOUR BACKS I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN something is wrong in my opinion.SO IF I CANT GET A FAIR HANDSHAKE AT A MEETING,WE WILL TRY SOCIAL MEDIA.FREE SPEECH I SERVED DURING WARTIME SO WE ALL COULD HAVE IT.ALSO IF YOU BRING PART OF THE RANGE UP TO ADA COMPLIANCE YOU MUST DO THE WHOLE RANGE NOTJUST THE 25 YRD LINE I WANT ADA COMPLIANCE ON THE 100 YRD AND 7 YARD LINE ALSO,KEEP IN MIND ITS THE LAW!! AND BECAUSE WE CAN’T GET A FAIR AUDIT I WILL BEASKING THE MADISON COUNTY AUDITOR TO COME IN AND DO A PROPER AUDIT.JUST A HEADS UP OUT OF RESPECT FOR ALL

Last edited:

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    That was painful to read. I shoot at elwood. So do other members here. Club President is also in here. Somebody get me some popcorn. This is gonna be good.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I gave up also. Hurt my eyes too much totrytospaceitout.

I'll stick around to see what happens though.:)

Oh, and welcome to INGO!:ingo:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    The President Joe Kinsinger refused at least one member in good standing dues at the March meeting, the board spends what they want and have no desire to abide by the rules and bylaws of the club.
    That member was told we reject you application.
    No charges were filed, the membership had no say at all in the discussion..

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    After many years, I let my membership lapse due to the treatment I've received from a couple of Trustee. I was told I was doing something wrong. However it was not in the rules. It was something the trustee did not like and decided to use his position to force his opinion on me. This was the final blow that made me decide to no longer support this range.

I've also had many experiences from a certain trustee which it seemed like he was harassing me every time he would see me. Looking to find a rule violation. However not once was there a reason! I read the rules and clearly understood them. Also followed them to a t.

I'm now a member at Atlanta Conservation Club and couldn't be happier. Never been harrassed, actually quite the opposite!

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Yeah, that was tough to read. Sorry to hear you're having trouble at Elwood.

Here's my suggestion... Atlanta Conservation Club is less than 10 miles from Elwood. Join Atlanta. It's a GREAT club. I've been a member there for nearly 10 years and couldn't be happier.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    After many years, I let my membership lapse due to the treatment I've received from a couple of Trustee. I was told I was doing something wrong. However it was not in the rules. It was something the trustee did not like and decided to use his position to force his opinion on me. This was the final blow that made me decide to no longer support this range.

I've also had many experiences from a certain trustee which it seemed like he was harassing me every time he would see me. Looking to find a rule violation. However not once was there a reason! I read the rules and clearly understood them. Also followed them to a t.

I'm now a member at Atlanta Conservation Club and couldn't be happier. Never been harrassed, actually quite the opposite!

Sounds like The Treasurer, 60's bald guy that acts like he's the owner, ranting at everything..
    Bill Tidler is his name..

vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    Moving to Frankton, and looking for a club to join. This post made it pretty simple. OH, and the fact that ECC is not accepting any new members. ACC it is. Unless any here knows of any where closer to Frankton?

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    2 sides to every story. I've been a member 3 years now and have never had a issue with attitudes. Wish a couple things were different, but since I don't attend meetings and vote, I keep it to myself. Does ACC have a rifle range yet?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Been a member there for several years. Have never had any problems as described in the OP. In fact have had very nice discussions with both the President and Treasurer on several occasions. Have attended a few meetings and work days, and never experienced any drama.

The recent improvements to the range shows that they care about their members. It is a nice place to shoot.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    This is where it pays off to have your own area to shoot at. Local clubs politics, stacking the board and violating the bylaws of the club has done me in! Sometimes it is good to shoot with friends at clubs though, the politics isn't worth it though!!!!!!!

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I have been a member of ECC and ACC and have had nothing but positive experiences.
    Currently a member of ACC as it is a bit closer to home.
    I do like the berm separation at Atlanta for safety but it does limit your interaction with other members.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    Dang….been a member since November with no problems experienced. Appreciate having a nice range to use for such a small annual fee.

76caprice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2020
    Franktucky

Give it time you’ll see guys flip off the handle throw magazines up on the berms, be yelling at each other before a shooters meeting etc. I was a member at acc and seen all this first hand.

76caprice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2020
    Franktucky
    2 sides to every story. I've been a member 3 years now and have never had a issue with attitudes. Wish a couple things were different, but since I don't attend meetings and vote, I keep it to myself. Does ACC have a rifle range yet?
    No and barely a clubhouse….

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Elwood for a few years.
    No RO means some folks less than ideal safety wise.

I adjusted my time to where I'm usually the only one there. Works for me :)

Have seen some place targets not in front of backstops. Rules used to be posted at each bank of benches. Evidently if you drive a euro sports sedan the rules don't apply.

Just sayin.

Fudds and Soys are an issue everywhere, not just that range. LOL

Have met and talked to a few of the ECC officers and have had no probs whatsoever. Nice guys.
    Maybe its because I'm old school. Heck I dunno.

Peaceful place to shoot and not much money. Just wish it wasnt' so far away.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Been there the last two weeks in a row. They are making improvements to the backstops and parking areas. Also making it more special needs friendly. Always meet very nice people.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    Next needed improvement is some kind of signage closing a range when guys are mowing on the other side of the backstop berm.

Top Bottom