Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "It's not a lie if you believe it"

or something
    I don't think that your question involved lying. The question behind the question was to bait me about vigilantism. That's just nutty. I'm not getting involved in a discussion about that.

Like I've been saying, it's not time yet. That's an adequate answer. Don't drag your musket to the town square yet. But. Keep your powder dry.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I answered the question behind the question. So leave your musket home. It's not time.
    That was the lie that you might believe
    What conditions must exist in the normal legal channels before the people turn to vigilantism? Do those conditions exist now?
    And that was the question you don't wish to answer, possibly because it is uncomfortable for your worldview to admit that those conditions already exist

Nice bob and weave, though

Edit:
    The legal dictionary defines vigilantism as “taking the law into one’s own hands and attempting to effect justice according to one’s understanding of right and wrong; private enforcement of legal norms in the absence of an established, reliable, and effective law enforcement body.”

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That was the lie that you might believe
    No. i don't think you were lying to me. I think you really do want to justify vigilantism. If you're honest with yourself, you know that.
    And that was the question you don't wish to answer, possibly because it is uncomfortable for your worldview to admit that those conditions already exist

Nice bob and weave, though

Edit:
    The legal dictionary defines vigilantism as “taking the law into one’s own hands and attempting to effect justice according to one’s understanding of right and wrong; private enforcement of legal norms in the absence of an established, reliable, and effective law enforcement body.”
    See? You are justifying it right there in your own highlighted text. I don't think those conditions exist to the extent necessary to justify what your question is really about. I think your instincts are about as wrong as they could be on this. THAT's what I'm uncomfortable with.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    On the "other side" isn't Antifa (and other groups) engaging in a form of vigilantism to force their beliefs? Actually, I would argue that it is more than just vigilantism when they are setting fires to buildings.
    No, I think that's called domestic terrorism. Or maybe revolutionary behavior.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    On the "other side" isn't Antifa (and other groups) engaging in a form of vigilantism to force their beliefs? Actually, I would argue that it is more than just vigilantism when they are setting fires to buildings.

No, I think that's called domestic terrorism. Or maybe revolutionary behavior.

I literally wrote that "I would argue that it is more than just vigilantism." The more you type.......

I don't have a politically correct way to respond.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No. i don't think you were lying to me. I think you really do want to justify vigilantism. If you're honest with yourself, you know that.
    Deliberately obtuse. The lie that you apparently believe is that you in any way answered the original question (post #1155)

Top Bottom