Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not saying the free lunches were. I also remember seeing a video like that, which I am pretty sure was parody. That one was supposed to be a new employee though, if I remember correctly
    Oh. I’ll have to see the parody. The one I’m talking about was the one posted earlier. It was a woman talking about her typical day at twitter, starting off with fancy coffee. Some commented that she didn’t do any work, but she did talk about working on “tons of projects.” Also about going to the library (I guess twitter has a library?) to do more work. So whe didn’t do nothing all day. Probably didn’t spend as much time working as the average boomer’s workday though.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Based.

Besides the cost savings, I think a lot of this is about getting more employees to self-select out of the company. Twitter polled as the wokest of the woke corporations, virtually 100% of the people currently on the payroll are more likely to be agent saboteurs than actual productive employees under Musk. There will be turmoil as they are flushed out and wreck everything throwing hissy fits on their way out the door, then new people will come in and start building.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    If it's true that is funny.

Although one would hope that the owner of a corporation would have people lined up by now to do the deeds. Unless he is just doing it for the fun of it.

Either way, his ballgame, his rules.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Those who make $106k, or more must pay for their own lunches, and they're being starved out.:lmfao:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Those who make $106k, or more must pay for their own lunches, and they're being starved out.:lmfao:
    Never fear, Elon has a plan…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Eh, mixed feelings on that. This feeds my sensibilities that adult babies are getting a taste of reality. But here's the rub. How much is he paying them? If only exceptional performance constitutes a passing grade, while that's a lofty standard and all, he's going to have to open up the wallet to attract and keep exceptional performers because they're few and far between. We've gone through a spat of hiring where I work, and I think < 20% are what I'd consider exceptional. It's hard to find them.

If 88% of the staff quit, maybe the 12% remaining are the exceptional ones. But driving employees into the dirt, especially without appropriate compensation, it's not a good long term employment strategy. You'll have high turnover and you'll grow cynical attitudes in your employees. No one wants to be treated like **** by their boss. And there are still plenty of opportunities for software engineers. Be demanding, sure. Have high standards, sure. But be fair. And recognize that people have a life outside of work. And for those times when you need them to make work their life, you better ***damn pay them if you want to keep them.

1668791305991.png

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    After 50 years working in the electrical field I can say every place I worked had it's share of deadbeats. Freeloaders, suck ass's and kin-folk drug production down and kept conflict going among fellow workers. Every company would have been better off without these folks but kept them for various reasons. Elon sets his own standards.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom