• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I know from reading how some people were treated whenever they visited Elmores this will be a non-factor. I myself have been in there many times and altho it was never a warm and fuzzy type place I'm not feeling real good about them closing. Just one more gun shop out of business and in this case I don't see that as a good thing. YMMV

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Had mixed results there. Not one I visited often at all.

I may be more willing to look at their online store since it is essier to get to.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Although I did not go in a lot, Jason always treated me well.
    And they did/do have a nice selection of firearms, a lot of higher end guns that you could look at and handle.
    You just had to ask, my LWRC came from them.

It's never good to have another brick and mortar shop close down.

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That is unfortunate. I have bought from them before, and like others said, it wasn't the friendliest experience, but they knew their stuff and had decent stock.

I know they had been burglarized a couple times over the years, and I am sure that risk minimizes for them with no sign out front. Sad to see any decent shop close, but I bet it will help out USDS and Atkinson.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Unfortunate to see a local shop go out. Elmore's has always been a favorite stop when I'm down visiting the in-laws in G-Wood.

Best of luck to the team down there in their next venture.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Never had a bad experience there. Bought a N.M. AR trigger from them (among other things) and they installed it no charge while I waited.
    The "Glade Industrial Ashtray" fragrance was an acquired taste but it's better than some of the odors at the 1500.
    MH

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I met Russ years ago. He was definitely a unique guy in his own way. I remember the first time I went int his shop and saw his assortment of firearms. Wow! They had stuff that had just been released or was still on the cover of various magazines. Very knowledgeable too. Even if you were looking for a needle in a haystack, Russ could tell you right away if he had that small part and go right to where it was. Even after the burglaries he kept his doors open. Tried to retire and sell the business, but reopened when he was hearing of the new owners not taking care of the old customers. The smoke in the shop was the only downside to me. But, his shop, his rules. Anybody remember his three cards he kept behind the counter?

Top Bottom