• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Had a 7mm Mag and sold it for a .300 mag. Sold that to go bigger, and never did.
    Dunno if I'll ever go elk, only went once, w MZ. My mags only killed paper LOL
    Im thinking if I get another meat rifle it'll proly be a .257 Weatherby mag, maybe for mulies.
    Supposedly an elk cartridge as well.

jerzyperson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    St. Joseph County
    Had a 7mm Mag and sold it for a .300 mag. Sold that to go bigger, and never did.
    Dunno if I'll ever go elk, only went once, w MZ. My mags only killed paper LOL
    Im thinking if I get another meat rifle it'll proly be a .257 Weatherby mag, maybe for mulies.
    Supposedly an elk cartridge as well.
    Never really looked into it. If the 30-06 was spoken for, the second choice was a R700 in 7mm-08. It's killed one elk, but a little under powered. Had to follow up with a .338 lapua after a long sit (my brothers first elk at 14)

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    It's funny, that reminds me of an old black and white picture I saw of an old timer standing over a big moose holding a revolver. I assume it was a .357 or maybe .44 mag. Shot placement mattered a lot more back then.

Not saying modern cartridges aren't better in every sense. But there was a day where men shot big animals with arrows from primitive bows too.
    That was probably Elmer Keith.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Say it ain't so.........

View attachment 307597
    As an Alaskan resident with relatively inexpensive and likely guaranteed tags and moose in relatively close proximity Mr. Stewart can afford to do questionable things. Nonresidents investing thousands or more likely tens of thousands of dollars on such a hunt should probably be a little smarter than that.

Top Bottom