• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I just think its boring to have every speed shoot 6 reload 6. Arrays of 8 provided some diversity with classifiers.

Moving forward, I don't want to be forced to into 6 shot neutral standards and speed shoots. That will be a step backwards.

+1. Pretty cut and dry what were gonna get going forward

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    "Clasification Update Motion: To reinstate classifiers previously removed on Jan 31st until suitable replacements are proposed and approved. Moved: Pres Seconded: A8 PASSED A1 – No A2 – Yes A3 – Yes A4 – Yes A5 – No A6 – Yes A7 – Yes A8 – Yes Pres – Yes"

Just seen this posted on another forum this morning. Seen it HERE

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    "Clasification Update Motion: To reinstate classifiers previously removed on Jan 31st until suitable replacements are proposed and approved. Moved: Pres Seconded: A8 PASSED A1 – No A2 – Yes A3 – Yes A4 – Yes A5 – No A6 – Yes A7 – Yes A8 – Yes Pres – Yes"

Just seen this posted on another forum this morning. Seen it HERE

Anyone want to lend me a 627? We'll do an all 8-rd classifier match and grandbag it up! :):

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Be careful guys, we'll be getting one of those idpa like forms to sign.

No bad mouthing short sighted idiotic rule changes ...... blah blah.

under penalty of perjury or death blah blah

The board have phones and pens after all. They can do what they want.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I don't think we will see 6rd neutral for matches, maybe just for classifiers.

I hope!!!

I hope not, but it's the slippery slope concern. standards were already 6-round neutral (not sure why), now classifiers are 6-round neutral. How long will speed shoots continue to be 8-rounds between reloads? on a close match, a speed shoot could determine the winner between and 8 and 6 round gun... I think [hope] we'd never see the change from 8 to 6 rounds max from a position or view in a field course.......

-rvb

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I don't know it would be such a bad thing. The easiest way to get around a 6 per view rule is to make a target or 2 visible from more than view. The natural and probable consequence of that is stages with more options, which I'd call a good thing.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I don't know it would be such a bad thing. The easiest way to get around a 6 per view rule is to make a target or 2 visible from more than view. The natural and probable consequence of that is stages with more options, which I'd call a good thing.

somewhat agree, and I'm not too worried about it for just that reason... hell, you can make it so a shooter CAN shoot 31 rounds from one position (they just can't be REQUIRED to) and go somewhere else for 1 round... but going to 8 to 6 would reduce options for the designer, may require use of more props, etc. so such a change wouldn't be the end of the world, but I wouldn't welcome it...

-rvb

Last edited:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The stages are legal based on what a speed shoot and standards are, and going forward any submitted stages that were 8 round neutral would also be legal so they either have to change what the rules are for stages which would create 6 round neutral, or go ahead and allow these type of stages and not make additional changes.

The only thing that they could have done was leave the rules the same and add that all classifiers had to be 6 round neutral, but that would be creating a new rule to a brand new rule book that is not even a month old.

I think it is a good idea to put them back in and let the dust settle. They could always have Jerry set up the 19 and set new HHF factors on them, seriously IMO this is what they should do. Troy is down there, they set them up, get Jerry and a couple others down there to go run them with 8 shots and set new HHF.

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    I'm glad to hear they are going to start using those classifiers again, this should have never even been an issue. I say leave **** be, let the S&W 625 die in peace, and lets move on!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I'm glad to hear they are going to start using those classifiers again, this should have never even been an issue. I say leave **** be, let the S&W 625 die in peace, and lets move on!

Amen.

Top Bottom