Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Northern IN
    Here’s an excerpt from an email I received today from SilencerShop:

ATF eForms Launch Imminent!​

According to the ATF, eForms will launch between December 15 - 28, 2021!​

Here is what you need to know about ATF eForms:
    ATF eForms makes owning an NFA item such as a suppressor or SBR quicker and easier than ever. Central to many silencer owners is the Tax Stamp process for Forms 1 and 4, and this video will provide an overview to the ATF eForms process.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Yep, got an email from the ASA today covering this exact topic.
    Can hardly wait to expand my stamp collection (even easier)!

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    and SilencerShop is going to be offering it...!

Yeah I wonder if this will enable silencershop to also support eForm 1s again. They tried a year or two ago for about 4 months but it was a complete disaster and the ATF rejected the majority of the eForm1s. Silencershop offered refunds and people ended up having to file again themselves.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yeah I wonder if this will enable silencershop to also support eForm 1s again. They tried a year or two ago for about 4 months but it was a complete disaster and the ATF rejected the majority of the eForm1s. Silencershop offered refunds and people ended up having to file again themselves.
    This might be what they are waiting for. But then again, about the only benefit to having Silencershop do a form 1 is if they have your fingerprints on file.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    This might sound silly but this may just get me to put in for my first stamp. I hated the paperwork and long wait but with this new system hopefully it's easier and faster.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Hopefully this decreases approval times. The ATF is still approving paper Form 4s that had checks cashed in January and February.
    So I'm not the only one. I noticed the wait times were averaging 200days. My first step was cashed early may. I was starting to get antsy.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    This might sound silly but this may just get me to put in for my first stamp. I hated the paperwork and long wait but with this new system hopefully it's easier and faster.
    Same here. Before this announcement , the BIL said, "just get it filed now, so by next fall/winter you have your stamp back".

:thumbsup:

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    According to their post on Youtube they will be making all forms available through eforms through their website.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    and SilencerShop is going to be offering it...!
    If eForms are fully integrated with the SS system and processing times really do go way down, you can pretty much forget about anything staying in stock on SS for more than 30 seconds for the next two years at least.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    If eForms are fully integrated with the SS system and processing times really do go way down, you can pretty much forget about anything staying in stock on SS for more than 30 seconds for the next two years at least.
    agreed, the silencer manufacturers are going to have to really ramp up. I don't see the wait times dropping to 30-45 days like some of the Form 1 stuff was for awhile, but even if it cuts the average wait time in half it will be a great thing. I can stomach 4-5 months much easier than 10.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I just had a paper form mailed on the 3rd for a DA Mask:ugh:
    I still have a Rex Silentium MG7k from Black Friday that hasn't even been form 3'd yet.
    I will have to try to get that one efiled and compared the wait times.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    agreed, the silencer manufacturers are going to have to really ramp up. I don't see the wait times dropping to 30-45 days like some of the Form 1 stuff was for awhile, but even if it cuts the average wait time in half it will be a great thing. I can stomach 4-5 months much easier than 10.
    You can always look here to see what is happening. It has been an excellent predictor for 5 of the last 7 I sent in.
    (The 6th &7th went in together and came back in 126 days. An anomaly in my opinion.)

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I just had a paper form mailed on the 3rd for a DA Mask:ugh:
    I still have a Rex Silentium MG7k from Black Friday that hasn't even been form 3'd yet.
    I will have to try to get that one efiled and compared the wait times.
    Just FYI, DON'T cancel the one for the Mask as it won't actually be cancelled until the paper hits the examiner's desk, at which point it would end up being approved soon after anyway.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Just FYI, DON'T cancel the one for the Mask as it won't actually be cancelled until the paper hits the examiner's desk, at which point it would end up being approved soon after anyway.
    I know. Good lookout though. My last two Form 4s were 82 and 125 days, heres to hoping lol

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom