• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My January 27th one got approved last week. I didn't bother to figure out exactly how many days it was once it got much past 90. I thought I posted about it here but it must have been the timelines thread.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Does any of you know if I can Efile form 4 suppressors through a dealer that doesn't have a kiosk? My dealer still does the paper/mail in Form 4's. I am guessing I cannot as the dealer would have to do the efile.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Does any of you know if I can Efile form 4 suppressors through a dealer that doesn't have a kiosk? My dealer still does the paper/mail in Form 4's. I am guessing I cannot as the dealer would have to do the efile.
    Someone vorrect me if I am wrong but provided you are buying from a dealer and not private party they can,

if you have electronic fingerprints its easier but they can still do everything else via eform.
    Just have to mail fingerprint cards in

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I did eform4 with paper prints. At the time, neither my dealer nor I knew where to get electronic prints.

Once your dealer closes draft mode and submits the form, you can't go back in and attach the electronic prints.

If my efiled f4 doesn't get approved by the end of this month, I'll know for sure that the paper prints have caused a delay.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Below is my status on SilencerShop. I understand this status means that my local gun dealer has done everything they need, and SilencerShop has done everything they need. And we are just waiting (for the many months+) for the FFL. Is that correct?

I was also concerned that I can't see any "in progress" or "submitted" forms when I sign into the ATF eForms site, but from comments above that sounds normal...

Does everything look alright?

SilencerShopImageRedacted.JPG

SilencerShopImage2Redacted.JPG

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I did eform4 with paper prints. At the time, neither my dealer nor I knew where to get electronic prints.

Once your dealer closes draft mode and submits the form, you can't go back in and attach the electronic prints.

If my efiled f4 doesn't get approved by the end of this month, I'll know for sure that the paper prints have caused a delay.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Thank you for your reply explaining your experience. Did the dealer you purchased the suppressor from have a kiosk? Or did they just go online to NFA and EFile it on your behalf with you only needing to mail in finger print cards?
    I guess my main question is it possible for an NFA dealer to EFile without having to go through Silencer Shop? Is the EFile system only for Silencer Shop Kiosk type transfers?

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Thank you for your reply explaining your experience. Did the dealer you purchased the suppressor from have a kiosk? Or did they just go online to NFA and EFile it on your behalf with you only needing to mail in finger print cards?
    I guess my main question is it possible for an NFA dealer to EFile without having to go through Silencer Shop? Is the EFile system only for Silencer Shop Kiosk type transfers?
    You can efile without going through silencershop. Capitol Armory now can ship to your door as an Indiana resident. With the new eform certify process, I think Capitol Armory has the easiest process right now.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    After watching the February approvals just stop 3 weeks ago and the April approvals start rolling in, I finally decided to contact Mike Braun today to see if he can get any answers. I understand they were flooded with Eforms for a bit, but I don't understand why they skipped most of February and March and are now approving April forms.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    This was posted by someone on the reddit eform thread earlier:

I talked to an ATF agent from my local field office on June 28th. he was suprisingly helpful, and contacted the NFA branch to see what was going on with these wild approvals. This is what he said: The ATF had started out processing eform 4s by doing the background checks first. This was fine until they got overwhelmed with applications. This meant that they had run background checks for thousands of forms before they were processed. As the forms started to pile up, they were concerned that if they did a background check on a form that would not be processed for months, the background check would not be current. What they did was put all of those forms back in the stack. Now, they will do the background check with the FBI AFTER the form is processed. They explicitly said that it was not the FBIs fault. They did also say that they have just started on the February stack

Top Bottom