• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If their company transported anything besides alcohol, or if they were unaware that they carrying alcohol was part of their job description, then the judgement was within the law. However, if the company hired them and they accepted employment knowing that transporting alcohol was their primary duty, then the company got screwed.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    No one said they have to drink it. I wonder if they even had to load or unload it? It seems to me that this is about making muslims a sharia governed enclave

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    As a former truck driver I can say if they didn't know they might have to haul alcohol they are either stupid or playing games to get protections carved out for them. I believe they are doing both. They are a general freight hauler which means if it fits it ships.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    As a former truck driver I can say if they didn't know they might have to haul alcohol they are either stupid or playing games to get protections carved out for them. I believe they are doing both. They are a general freight hauler which means if it fits it ships.

They got $240G...take that, Clock Boy!

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    As long as they don't have to drink the alcohol, I don't see what's objectionable about it. The employer can and should make reasonable accommodations, but if there's no one else to do it and that truck has to go out on time, then that's their job to do.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    As long as they don't have to drink the alcohol, I don't see what's objectionable about it.

I used to drive for a trucking company that made us drink all the alcohol we transported. It was really hard to make our delivery.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Let me get this straight, you can take a job, and find it against your religion to do the job, and still get paid?

Kim Davis is not a valid comparison, as even apart from her religion, the judges has NO AUTHORITY to order Kim Davis to uphold a court opinion that there is no statute written by the state lawmakers. IF and when the State Legislature writes AND passes a statute, that will become a different issue. We still have State Constitutions.

Top Bottom