EDC choices Does it say anything about you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WillH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 4, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    So are firearms like cars do they represent your personality?
    I think it usually says more about how much you make. There are guns I wish I could carry that I simply can't afford. Most people who come into the gun store I work at have a determined price range they won't go over (or, in some cases, won't go under).

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I think it usually says more about how much you make. There are guns I wish I could carry that I simply can't afford. Most people who come into the gun store I work at have a determined price range they won't go over (or, in some cases, won't go under).
    Good point. And along with that is a consideration I make; what if I were to lose that EDC somehow? With a Shield, I can easily replace it without incurring too much cost.

Some one off Ed Brown masterpiece? Not so much.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Good point. And along with that is a consideration I make; what if I were to lose that EDC somehow? With a Shield, I can easily replace it without incurring too much cost.

Some one off Ed Brown masterpiece? Not so much.
    Good point about reducing the cost of lost. Financially speaking though, responsible EDC has more cost than just the gun. The rigorous training, practice, attention to ALL other equipment, clothes you wear, lots and lots of ammo, awareness discipline, lifestyle profiles and testing the skill set are all cost items that can affect your outcome on the street.

As this applies to all quality merchandise, if we just look at the gun, the best quality will go tens of thousands of rounds further than the cheapie. And tens of thousands of rounds are what you are going to need to develop a good skill set. So the upfront money for quality will usually lower your cost (trouble) per round.

To do it right is an ugly awareness that it takes money. Lots of it. Many can’t or won’t work that hard for the reward. Fortunately, todays trainers can save the money on most costly mistakes that the shooter will make.

So why I understand financial limitations, it comes down to how important responsible gun ownership for a small change in priorities.

So yes, what and how you EDC can be a good indicator of character and skill set.

See you soon n the range.

Trapper

Top Bottom