• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Disposable Heart has certainly got better information about the situation than I have and is more level-headed to boot.

The city wrote back and offered me a refund on my multi-visit pass. I'll probably take them up on it.

IndyMedic: it was a nice range. If it ever re-opens, you should check it out.
    I just received a message from the city (Jennifer McGilvray) as well letting me know that the range should be opening soon. I know there are several issues in play and I have no knowledge of the inner workings of the range and the parks department, however, with the never ending assault on our 2nd amendment rights...and for that matter all of our rights which can only be safeguarded by the 2nd amendment, I think it is imperative that we support through our actions any and all shooting facilities. I think we should all think twice about getting a refund...what message does that send to our policy makers? For the cost of a couple of boxes of ammo we let these people know we are serious about our rights as gun owners. I don't intend to preach to anyone, nor do I think we can just sit back and watch our shooting facilities continue to disappear one at a time. Do what you must, but take a moment to think about your actions and the message it communicates. Okay, I'll get off of my soapbox now.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I called this AM (317.327.7148) just to see if I could get an update. Person on the phone said they are still working on hiring range officers, but made it sound like the rumors of the external party running the facility might be true. Nothing specific, just how she worded her response seemed to confirm those rumors. I asked for a timeframe as I was hoping to go shooting Memorial weekend and the person put me on hold, got back on the line and told me "June".

Coincidentally, isn't June 2nd the next membership meeting for MCFG? Now I have a big decision to make . . .

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have heard from a very trusted source that ECPR will be open to the public again by the first weekend in June. In fact, I have every confidence that I will be teaching my NRA Basic Pistol Class out there on May 28. Hang in there - both the public shooting opportunities and civilian firearms training available at ECPR are going to be bigger and better than ever! There will also be free training available for all paid and volunteer ROs so that everyone working at ECPR will be certified by NRA as a Range Safety Officer - if they aren't already.

Just a little bit more patience - it will be worth it!!

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Sounds like its going to run more like Atterbury?

I really can't speak to Atterbury - I haven't been down there in years. The big difference in ECPR once it reopens will be the number of training opportunities for the general public. I believe the general public range operation will remain very much the same.

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have heard from a very trusted source that ECPR will be open to the public again by the first weekend in June. In fact, I have every confidence that I will be teaching my NRA Basic Pistol Class out there on May 28. Hang in there - both the public shooting opportunities and civilian firearms training available at ECPR are going to be bigger and better than ever! There will also be free training available for all paid and volunteer ROs so that everyone working at ECPR will be certified by NRA as a Range Safety Officer - if they aren't already.

Just a little bit more patience - it will be worth it!!

Guy
    Hey Guy,

I've been actively watching this thread and would like to know what it would take to enroll my wife in the May 28th class at ECPR...providing that it opens to the public by then? Are slots available, costs for her, for me? For additional questions, can I contact you directly or through your website? Thanks Guy.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Hey Guy,

I've been actively watching this thread and would like to know what it would take to enroll my wife in the May 28th class at ECPR...providing that it opens to the public by then? Are slots available, costs for her, for me? For additional questions, can I contact you directly or through your website? Thanks Guy.

I actually just had a cancellation, so I have one spot open! If you want to take the course together, I'd be glad to accomodate both of you - and I offer a "couples discount" that will save you some money. You can see all the information at www.tactical-firearms.com. To register, just click on the "Online Registration" button at the top of the page and look for "NRA Basic Pistol - Couples," if you both want to register or "NRA Basic Pistol" if you just want to register your wife. You can also see full course descriptioins by clicking on the "Training" button at the top of the page.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to call me any time at (317) 432-0747 or email me at grelford@tactical-firearms.com.

Thanks for your interest!

Guy

Last edited:

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    I NEED to go shooting. I just picked up a 9mm carbine and am itching to test her out and I have next week off work.

What's a guy to do if Eagle Creek doesn't stop dragging it's heels? I don't shoot often enough to join a club and I don't want to go to Don's.

Where would you go if you were in my situation? (live on west side and don't want to get taken @ don's)

HELP!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I NEED to go shooting. I just picked up a 9mm carbine and am itching to test her out and I have next week off work.

What's a guy to do if Eagle Creek doesn't stop dragging it's heels? I don't shoot often enough to join a club and I don't want to go to Don's.

Where would you go if you were in my situation? (live on west side and don't want to get taken @ don's)

HELP!

If you know any members at MCFG you can go with them as a Guest for $10...

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Folks - I believe that Eagle Creek will be reopening under new management no later than June 11. (There is even an outside chance that the range will be open next weekend, June 4-5.) The hours of operation will also be expanding. Instead of 10:00 to 4:00, the range will be open 9:00 to 5:00 every weekend, and the training opportunities available at ECPR will be greatly increased. There will also be new pricing options available, so that shooters don't necessarily have to pay $25 for a full day of shooting if they only want to stop by and shoot for an hour or so.

The city will be making an announcement on the management changes at ECPR - probably this week. There will also be a "grand reopening" event at the range, which will be the city's way of saying "thanks for your patience," and the new management's way of saying, "we hope you stick around."

More news to follow!

Guy

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I believe that Eagle Creek will be reopening under new management no later than June 11.

Alot of people have of course been discussing this and well you know rumors. Do you happen to have any knowledge on the new management you speak of? Is this still going to be ran by the city or another company? And if another company did this go out to public bid?

Thanks

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I really can't speak to the process, but I believe the city's announcement this week will answer those questions.

By the way, my NRA Basic Pistol Course went forward at Eagle Creek yesterday without a hitch. The class was full and it was great to be out there again and kick up some dust in the berm.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Great news, i'll be on the lookout for an update from the city. Based on the earlier rumors, I was REALLY REALLY hoping to get out to the EC range this weekend!

Top Bottom