• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    We've tried variations of that, but it doesn't make much of an impact. The big numbers are coming across hidden in legal trade. Hidden compartments in semi trucks or train cars, mixed in with legal trade products in shipping containers, etc. The sheer bulk of trade goods we import precludes the ability to search it all, particularly goods that spoil, at the time of crossing. Dogs, MVACIS machines, etc. all help but look up the tonnage that crosses the southern border every day legally and you'll get an idea of the scope of the issue.
    How much fentanyl comes across every day?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sometimes when I read through these tough threads I think, "people truly treat drugs like their do their politics". Then I realize that is why we're in the trouble we are with our government, that's Biden is president, that is why we see trannies putting on shows for our children. No one gives a rats behind about much of anything as long as it does not interfere with them. If I'm comfortable, do whatever you want.

In our efforts to maximize true freedoms, our efforts will at times have over reach, but instead of getting support and help, we get flack.

Maximizing true freedom does not include using the government to control things you do not like.

You are free to try to convince people to not do things, but using the force of government to get them to too is the opposite of freedom.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Maximizing true freedom does not include using the government to control things you do not like.

You are free to try to convince people to not do things, but using the force of government to get them to too is the opposite of freedom.
    I might have, but I do not remember saying if i liked or disliked drugs, of any kind.

I would like government to enforce current laws that are on the books.

Some, as I heard today, say that free speech is a weapon of war!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I read on INGO that drugs are victimless…:runaway:

You also read about bread and circuses and "control", and intoxicants are the greatest circus in town as far as controlling the population. It's a sliding scale, which sometimes gets lost in the discussion. You don't get a lot of people eating faces from smoking weed...unless it's wet, but then it's not the weed.

Lpherr

Occupied
    You also read about bread and circuses and "control", and intoxicants are the greatest circus in town as far as controlling the population. It's a sliding scale, which sometimes gets lost in the discussion. You don't get a lot of people eating faces from smoking weed...unless it's wet, but then it's not the weed.
    Weren't there people doing this kind of thing on bath salts?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    From April 2020 to April 2021, there were 2,482 reported drug overdoses in the state, according to the CDC. From April 2021 to April 2022, that number rose to 2,765—an 11.4% increase.

Uh, are they saying total overdoses, or deaths? I bet at my hospitals alone we see close to that many annual "overdoses"

areamike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    Monticello, IN
    Uh, are they saying total overdoses, or deaths? I bet at my hospitals alone we see close to that many annual "overdoses"
    It says Overdoses.
    From April 2020 to April 2021, there were 2,482 reported drug overdoses in the state, according to the CDC. From April 2021 to April 2022, that number rose to 2,765—an 11.4% increase.
    “Eighty-five percent of [Indiana’s overdose deaths in 2021] are due to fentanyl,” Douglas Huntsinger, Indiana’s executive director for drug prevention, enforcement and treatment, told Indiana Public Media.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I never pee tested any new hire, I paid for a hair test. Odds are one that passes a hair test, isn't going an addict.
    I prefer my employer's approach. "If there's a problem, it will become apparent, and we'll deal with it appropriately at that time." Much more cost efficient. (Federal gubmint employee here btw)

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I prefer my employer's approach. "If there's a problem, it will become apparent, and we'll deal with it appropriately at that time." Much more cost efficient. (Federal gubmint employee here btw)
    Most employees do prefer that.

Its a bit different when its Your Money.
    Its tough to get a few thousand dollars out of a drug addict to replace the wrecked/totaled truck. Or tools, consumables, machines that were stolen because one is to cheap or lazy to drug test new hires.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Most employees do prefer that.

Its a bit different when its Your Money.
    Its tough to get a few thousand dollars out of a drug addict to replace the wrecked/totaled truck. Or tools, consumables, machines that were stolen because one is to cheap or lazy to drug test new hires.
    Maybe we just had better quality applicants. :) No drug tests, just Federal background checks (I passed! Twice!). I reckon they cost more than a pee or hair test. Thanks fellow taxpayer!.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Maybe we just had better quality applicants. :) No drug tests, just Federal background checks (I passed! Twice!). I reckon they cost more than a pee or hair test. Thanks fellow taxpayer!.
    Funny thing about Federal Buildings years ago, I worked in a few years back with Otis, many used to have beer machines besides the soda machines in the cafeteria's. What a job perk that was. Wonder why they took them out.
    Everyone should walk the hallways of the Federal Buildings around the country, it would be a learning experience in the efficiency in the workplaces.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom