• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    I have one of those molded hard plastic friction holsters for my Sig P238. When I get to running or something to grab the paper towels my wife forgot to put in the basket, I instinctively put my hand on it to keep it from bouncing out. Considering other holsters or something with a latch now as I could see it coming out accidentally for sure.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Didn't drop the gun, but walked out of work one evening, and while on a sidewalk, heard a sprong noise, and 7- 45ACP rounds ejected from the bottom of my Colt 1911(mag bottom broke off, and recovered spring, follower, and rounds, Never found the bottom part of the Colt OEM magazine.When I got to my car, removed mag body from gun, reloaded with fresh mag as I carried 2-extras, and tossed bad mag in trash can.
    Note: Had round already chambered. Condition 3.

Poncho53

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Hammond
    Sitting in the booth at the rear of a local p.d. range while retired officers were qualifying for IROCC and one of the guys dropped his 1911 while attempting to return it to it's holster. Instructor was on edge by nature and the look he shot the guy was evil...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yes. Love's truck stop bathroom in Memphis, Indiana Exit 16. Traveling home from a car show and nature called. Really don't know how it happened, fell out, slid under next stall. :facepalm:
    Not Me! But pretty sure the same truck stop. Guy at work dropped his LCR and it somehow ended up in the urinal. He said he had to pause and decide if he even wanted to retrieve it.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Almost. Crappy holster went south on me in a hurry in Meijer in Carmel last year. Fumbled around, found an empty aisle and adjusted. Then never wore it again.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Not Me! But pretty sure the same truck stop. Guy at work dropped his LCR and it somehow ended up in the urinal. He said he had to pause and decide if he even wanted to retrieve it.
    Wow. At least mine landed on the floor. Maybe a little better than a urinal.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've never had a real or blue gun come out of my IWB Raven or Bravo kydex. Even through a handfull of FOF classes, rolling on mats, floors and the ground.

I did have a spare mag come out and dance accross the concrete floor at the Boat Sport And Travel show though. Note - not the best idea to hang your bag of goodies on your mags. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wow. At least mine landed on the floor. Maybe a little better than a urinal.
    Does that location have one of those urinals that go all the way to the floor. I think it fill out of his holster, hit the floor and got kicked into the urinal somehow.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Anybody drops one in a urinal and doesn’t retrieve it, I will. It’s just pissed. Disinfectants work.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Years ago, a friend of mine who was helping me get lumber in B-town had climbed the wood rack to get at fresh studs.
    Just as a yard worker came by on a fork truck to ask if we needed help, my buddies WW1 vintage 1911 came tumbling down, bouncing off the rack and hitting the pavement. The fork truck driver just drove past and never stopped.

Anyone else ever dropped or witnessed a drop in public before?
    Saw a high speed, low drag USAF operator moving so tactically he dropped his carbine as he operated down the stairs. Fell face first on his rifle. Bloody mouth and loose teeth. Very operatory.

Still remember the carbine bouncing in slow motion as it whirled and twisted in the air.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Years ago, a friend of mine who was helping me get lumber in B-town had climbed the wood rack to get at fresh studs.
    Just as a yard worker came by on a fork truck to ask if we needed help, my buddies WW1 vintage 1911 came tumbling down, bouncing off the rack and hitting the pavement. The fork truck driver just drove past and never stopped.

Anyone else ever dropped or witnessed a drop in public before?
    Did not drop, but I have discussed this before, I was distracted by a phone and I placed a Ruger 22/45 on the back bumper of my Montero SUV. Drove downtown to coffee before morning range session. Hopped out and saw the pistol on the back bumper.

I nearly fainted.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I dont even really want to admit this. But years ago a shield fell out of my backpack as I was getting out of the truck to go into work. I guess during the drive i must've had to get in that compartment and didn't close it all the way. Didnt notice until I got home and went to remove said shield from my bag. Had to call a coworker to go check the parking lot and retrieve it ‍♂

streetsamurai7

Dungeon Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    One of my good friends had his roscoe leap from the holster and clatter to the floor of a bathroom stall in a public bathroom. I do not let him forget this moment in his life. He's on INGO, and if you read this buddy... you know who you are.

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    I hate to admit it, but I have a couple...

1) S&W 69 carried in a Simply Rugged pancake holster while deer hunting. It managed to slide out not once, but twice while field dressing and dragging out a deer during the 2019 season. I consider this more of a holster flaw than personal negligence.

2) My little Kel-Tec .32 that rides on a techni-clip inside my waistband every single day has managed to remove itself from said waistband and fall to the floor of more than one bathroom stall. I (almost) always remember to remove it and place it in my pocket before dropping trou, but when I do forget, it always reminds me...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    This is an interesting thread ....since I have taken heat from the trolls that tried running me off....whenever I would post negatives and fails about how to really and responsibly secure your firearm for daily activity.....interesting.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    This is an interesting thread ....since I have taken heat from the trolls that tried running me off....whenever I would post negatives and fails about how to really and responsibly secure your firearm for daily activity.....interesting.
    Jim, you have some interesting posts that are very informative
    I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this, It's not your topics, It's the way you come off holier than thou. And the way you make it seem if anyone deviates for your experience or way of thinking that they are wrong

Last edited:
    Top Bottom