• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Years ago, a friend of mine who was helping me get lumber in B-town had climbed the wood rack to get at fresh studs.
    Just as a yard worker came by on a fork truck to ask if we needed help, my buddies WW1 vintage 1911 came tumbling down, bouncing off the rack and hitting the pavement. The fork truck driver just drove past and never stopped.

Anyone else ever dropped or witnessed a drop in public before?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Years ago, a friend of mine who was helping me get lumber in B-town had climbed the wood rack to get at fresh studs.
    Just as a yard worker came by on a fork truck to ask if we needed help, my buddies WW1 vintage 1911 came tumbling down, bouncing off the rack and hitting the pavement. The fork truck driver just drove past and never stopped.

Anyone else ever dropped or witnessed a drop in public before?
    Yes. Mostly from insecure equipment. Holsters, belts etc. but a few from falling out of car doors, seat belt entanglement, inexperienced handling etc.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It can happen.

I had a J frame take a pretty good tumble while removing an ankle holster. I was testing out a new holster and had to take off the gun because of a birthday party that involved a large tank of balls. Last thing I needed was to lose a gun in the kiddie play area. Hindsight probably a good call.

I dropped a 1911 in the bathroom at work. Hit the tile floor hard enough the flatten one side of the rear sight. It was still in and never left the holster. Sometimes nature calls and that requires dropping trou.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    When I rolled my Jeep head-over-tails 3 times down a hill, pretty much everything was left on the trail. One of the reasons I don't like most IWB holsters - they lack any real retention. Its all based on friction.

Granted, I still carry IWB a lot. Don't plan on rolling any vehicles at the moment.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When I rolled my Jeep head-over-tails 3 times down a hill, pretty much everything was left on the trail. One of the reasons I don't like most IWB holsters - they lack any real retention. Its all based on friction.

Granted, I still carry IWB a lot. Don't plan on rolling any vehicles at the moment.
    When you do plan to roll a vehicle, I'd like to see the plan. ;)

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Have I.
    Buddy of mine and I were talking at work about something. Can't remember what.
    His boss came in to tell him something and my buddy shifted his leg (legs were crossed) and knocked his pistol off of the magnet holding it under his desk. Thing came crashing down on the ceramic tile floor. Was one of the most cringiest/awkward things I've ever seen. The boss wasn't an anti-gunner per se, but my buddy wasn't on great terms with the guy before that.
    He didn't last much longer at the company. He was told to look for another job within weeks.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Yes. Mostly from insecure equipment. Holsters, belts etc. but a few from falling out of car doors, seat belt entanglement, inexperienced handling etc.
    Most of the time I see unsecured equipment is when I go to Menards and Walmart. I helped my son move move back to ISU and saw some questionable rigs at Terra Haute Walmart just the other day. I did catch myself always hiking my pants up due to a weakening belt so I suppose it’s time to update my belt. This is my nightmare... to drop my carry piece in a public place.!! No bueno!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had a shoulder rig that was giving me issues getting the retention strap secured but once snapped in it seemed solid. Not so much. Bent over at the line (outdoor shoot on private land with close friends) and my edc dropped to the dirt.
    Well that was it for that one. Trash can time.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Had an AR fall out of my truck at walmart once. It was mounted under the back seat of my truck. The sling somehow got wrapped around my 6yo nephews foot and he ripped that sucker out, mount and all.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Not a drop but was a supervisor at one company and we had to fire a particularly volatile and troublesome employee. I brought a handgun and put it in my top desk drawer where it was very accessible. Boss was in my office and asked for something and I opened the drawer. He laughed and showed me he was carrying a 9 mm for the same reason.

Don

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Yes. Love's truck stop bathroom in Memphis, Indiana Exit 16. Traveling home from a car show and nature called. Really don't know how it happened, fell out, slid under next stall. :facepalm:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Have only dropped a speed strip out of my pocket when I was at work, six .38 Specials hit the floor.

One guy stared but said nothing. Carry was forbidden by policy, not by law. There was a J frame in my other pocket.

Top Bottom