• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Most people only will pay 50-60% of retail for used stuff.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Feel better now?
    Just letting you know that you probably wont have any luck selling those at that price and it will be a waste of your time to try. Sorry I tried to help. Carry on.

Although it sounds like you really dont want to do it the right way anyway (purpose built rifle) So not selling them just helps justify not buying a new rifle.

Good luck.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Agreed. Henry is a great choice, but Budget is king these days.
    I like SOOTCH00 reviews. In response to your comments, I found this review of the Rossi RS22 from several years ago. All good, and I see them available now for $99 after rebate. Wish I could find them locally for that (transfer fee + delivery adds up). And I wish I could find one in OD like in the review.

I have four unused clear rotary magazines (10rnd) for the Ruger 10-22. I like the flush fitment, but if I could get $18 a piece for them I might switch to a Rossi rifle...
    Rural King Friday morning after rebate RS22 is around $77 IIRC.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Thanks, Route 45. I found my way to that same SOOTCH00 review, and Sportsman's Warehouse is an easy drive that would have avoided delivery cost and FFL transfer...IF they had that rifle in stock. Looks like I'll have to drive to New York to pick one up.
    It was available to order online for local pickup when I posted that, but they likely went out of stock fast at that price.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    Rural King Friday morning after rebate RS22 is around $77 IIRC.
    DadSmith ==
    Thanks! Looks like around $85 after rebate for the FDE stock. At $85, still an excellent deal. And I'd gladly take the Gray stock for $65 after rebate, but it's out of stock.

Only problem, I'm not ready to commit; still flirting with the idea of a Ruger 10-22.

In my quicky research here I found out that the Mossberg 702 Plinkster not only uses the same 10rnd mag (and 25rnd mag). Apparently the two rifles are the same rifle manufactured by an OEM in Brazil. I'm getting a real education here. Thanks.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    DadSmith ==
    Thanks! Looks like around $85 after rebate for the FDE stock. At $85, still an excellent deal. And I'd gladly take the Gray stock for $65 after rebate, but it's out of stock.

Only problem, I'm not ready to commit; still flirting with the idea of a Ruger 10-22.

In my quicky research here I found out that the Mossberg 702 Plinkster not only uses the same 10rnd mag (and 25rnd mag). Apparently the two rifles are the same rifle manufactured by an OEM in Brazil. I'm getting a real education here. Thanks.
    My dad has one I posted his pattern at 50yds I'll have to hunt it up. It was cheap Winchester white box 555rd. I think he could have done better but his neck and shoulder was bugging him. I should have shot it myself, but I just put the scope on it and he needed to get use to it and adjust it for himself.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    My dad has one I posted his pattern at 50yds I'll have to hunt it up. It was cheap Winchester white box 555rd. I think he could have done better but his neck and shoulder was bugging him. I should have shot it myself, but I just put the scope on it and he needed to get use to it and adjust it for himself.
    I'd love to see that, but don't go to a lot of trouble. I'm reading here and there about decent results out to 50yds. Definitely good enough for what I have in mind.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

@2AOK
    It's in this thread. #33 post.
    I think it has far better potential than it shows. With a younger shooter, and the right ammo I bet it could shoot moa or close to it.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana

@2AOK
    It's in this thread. #33 post.
    I think it has far better potential than it shows. With a younger shooter, and the right ammo I bet it could shoot moa or close to it.
    Thanks. Your Dad's results are about all I need from 22LR. If I understand correctly, comments in that post suggest that your Dad used Remington ammunition.

I don't see the Remington ammunition listed in your original post. How does it compare in terms of accuracy to the other cartridges listed?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom