• ...and so much more!
  • MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I would say distance is your friend there, nobody is making a drive that far to bother anybody out there.
    Like the guy said in the video, Rapid City is 2 hours away. Hot Springs is the closest little town at ~40minutes away.

It would definitely be a lifestyle adjustment if you came from a location close to a major city.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I just want to know what type of transportation these people have that will get them to their bunkers in South Dakota before the bombs fall on their head. If you can't get there in 10 minutes, what's the point?
    A lot of if not most folks in this sub. for. have a situational awareness that far exceeds 10 min. You can drive or fly.

What bombs? I haven’t looked at a map (I will) but this is probably up wind of any nuclear military targets.

Is this in the “Great Redoubt Area”? Gonna look at a map now.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Looks like, to me anyway this is a 5 year old story. A lot has changed in 5 years.

Can’t understand why the cyclone fencing appears to be designed to hold people in rather than out.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    From what I quickly gleaned, you lease them per. yr. Think it said 25 grand. IIRC but it’s an old story.
    From the website posted above(post #27): "There is a one-time upfront payment of $45,000, plus an ongoing annual ground rent of $1,091 per bunker. Bunkers are provided in their as-is condition, without interior improvements, equipment or furnishings, ready for your outfitting."

But from the video I posted a few days ago, they are now quoting $35,000 to buy the bunker outright.

Yes, the story in the OP is old, thus why I necroposted to show an update on this topic. The video in post #19 is from a year ago.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    From the website posted above(post #27): "There is a one-time upfront payment of $45,000, plus an ongoing annual ground rent of $1,091 per bunker. Bunkers are provided in their as-is condition, without interior improvements, equipment or furnishings, ready for your outfitting."

But from the video I posted a few days ago, they are now quoting $35,000 to buy the bunker outright.

Yes, the story in the OP is old, thus why I necroposted to show an update on this topic. The video in post #19 is from a year ago.

Good enough for me, thanks.

Thats why I posted IIRC “If I Remember Correctly,“ I didn’t. We’ve all made mistakes. (I think, but maybe not). :fogey:

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Good enough for me, thanks.

Thats why I posted IIRC “If I Remember Correctly,“ I didn’t. We’ve all made mistakes. (I think, but maybe not). :fogey:
    No problem. I was confused when I looked at the website and saw the $45K number, after watching the video and they said $35K.

When I go out to SoDak next year, I'm going to try to stop in and see the place. One of the spots I shoot p-dogs is up near Edgemont, so it wouldn't be too much out of the way to drive down there.

Reactions: Mij
    Top Bottom