• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Lol they say a bad idea……. You carry a gun just in case……. What is a higher likelihood of happening….. an injury needing medical attention or a need for your gun? I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the injury (without using google) so that means you should be carrying the trauma kit instead of the gun…… if we are going off logic and statistics.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I carry one in the vehicles.

I used it once. I was behind moped driver looking straight down at phone ran straight into back of van on SR26 (by the Post Office if you know Lafayette). I stopped, unlimbered the red bag, looked back up and saw two nurses (I think St. E's based on scrubs) sprint past me.

I handed my bag to the taller one, she put it to use and I told someone to call 911. Think it is an excellent idea.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Would this be like the bomber analysis of WWII?
    When they were looking at the survival of bombers, and they were looking at where the hits were.
    And someone pointed out, they were looking at damage done, yet the plane made it back.
    They made it back.
    As opposed the bombers that got damaged and went down.

Survivor bias

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll update the subject to a more realistic title: "Dont carry a trauma kit if you are health care professional because you could be sued for malpractice."

At least here, you are protected by the good Samaritan law. But that doesnt apply if you are health care pro. If you screw up as a pro, you can be on the hook. At least as I understand it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've paid zero for it.
    So... kinda sounds like it's worth what I paid.

Sometimes it's better to be ignorant than to be confidently wrong. Ever *think* you knew how to repair something and turned a small problem into a big one because you actually didn't? Would you have been better to know you didn't know WTF to do and hired it out from the start?

That's why I don't think it's worth zero, and why I phrased it as I did.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Dude, I've tore into million dollar equipment that I DID KNOW.
    And the only reason I got a pat on the back, was because NONE of the bosses know my equipment.
    They saw me working and sweating, and hundreds of parts on the ground.
    They didn't know I was swearing at myself in my head trying to remember which way the damn cam went on, and which screw was zero, and which screw was span.

But yes, I agree.
    Little knowledge gives people a false sense of knowledge.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Not sure if a lot of YouTube stuff is actually knowledge or just regurgitation!

Should you carry a tourniquet and be trained? Sure but it’s like that 3rd magazine. Better to have it etc. To me it seems some folks get way to fixated adding gear just for the sake of cool guy stuff and not for what it’s really for. But there’s more to a tourniquet than well a tourniquet.

I’ve used them on the job but usually due to a self mutilator etc. and even then I’ve used direct pressure and quick clot more. Treated or stabilized way more heat injuries, and twisted or broken bones (and not sure if slide bite counts) on ranges than a tourniquet. So while awareness and training is all good people seem to be showing off tourniquets like they use to write their blood type on their stuff cool was 10 years ago!

JMH Observation.

Top Bottom