• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Been done with Taurus for many, many years. Have owned three different handguns produced by them. All three had to go back to Miami for warrenty work, after firing only a box or two of ammo.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I have to agree 10k in a polly gun is a pretty good run. Ask yourself this. If a stranger at the range said...Here have a hundred of my reloads. Would you shoot them? Probably not. He may be a great reloader like me....lol
    But you don't know that. And neither does Taurus. I would have never mentioned it in the first place. Every manual I've read says No Reloads.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I'm no fan of Taurus. I've owned two and both turned out to be crap (both revolvers with timing issues, incidentally...but I had nowhere near 10k rounds through either of them). That said, I don't know any company that will warranty a gun that's had reloads shot through it...at least not as a matter of written policy. I'm a reloader myself, and am fully aware that I'm voiding any warranty by shooting my ammo. I'd say if you got 10,000 rounds out of a plastic Taurus, you got really lucky, and IMO $50 seems fair considering any repair is now out of warranty due to the reloads.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    50.00 seems like a reasonable fee when they could probably have just refused to work on it. I doubt the local guy will charge less than that if you can even find one competent to work on it, plus if it needs parts I can't imagine those are easy to get from Taurus.
    No kidding! Using reloads voids the warranty on almost all firearms and many companies would only service the firearm at the owner's complete expense.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Since you like light weights Snubbies maybe give the S&W a try only weights like 13oz and S&W has a great warranty last time I checked :abused:

GXOjynz.jpg

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Oh man! That's great advice! I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!
    Note on the LCR (I have one). Check the reset before you commit. There's a click before the actual reset that if you pull from there, you won't engage the pawl that spins the cylinder. Not an issue on the range but would suck if you short stroked the trigger during a DGU.

joreharr

Grandest Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Salem, Indiana
    When I worked at a gun shop we had a few Taurus's customers sent back with issues. They always were able to repair and send back with no cost to our customers. Maybe recently they have tightened up on their guidelines for coverage? I will say we had more taurus issues that about any other pistol. I am not saying they are lower quality but just my experience. Either way 10k rounds through a taurus revolver is a pretty healthy amount to have no issues. Best of luck on fixing!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In most technical work, a bench fee is only the inspection and diagnosis. That wold not be a total repair cost. At minimum parts would be added, and any time that is above the time defined in "bench time" would be added. I don' think Taurus is going to effect a guaranteed repair for $50.

recentlyadded

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2017
    Osgood
    In most technical work, a bench fee is only the inspection and diagnosis. That wold not be a total repair cost. At minimum parts would be added, and any time that is above the time defined in "bench time" would be added. I don' think Taurus is going to effect a guaranteed repair for $50.
    That makes sense!

PeeWee9999

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Plainfield
    I have a S&W 640-1 I have carried it in an ankle holster a lot of years as a backup. They make a light weight 640 in .38+P+. Don't know if I would touch one off as very little weight there.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Now THAT looks like a real contender! Nice looking pistol!
    I'll second the S&W J-Frame recommendation. I have a model 360 and absolutely love it. It's small, light, and accurate. Mine is chambered in .38+p and has a steel cylinder, but they also make a .357 magnum version with a titanium cylinder. I've shot them...recoil is quite stout. I'm happy with my .38.

Reactions: Leo

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Is that the 38spl version, looks like a titanium cylinder to me but I am not very familiar with S&W's large catalog? Looks like a great pistol that will last you forever !

Top Bottom