Not open for further replies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You do know that Myer has said he would be even more strict with the mask mandate, right?

My point being that the legislature may rediscover their balls and do something about it when there's a (D) next to the policy, as they won't go up against their own Republican.

Either way I'd rather burn my vote than vote for someone who imposed a literal muzzle on my face. No way, no how. I am single issue on this. I will not support anyone who believes they have the right to muzzle me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My point being that the legislature may rediscover their balls and do something about it when there's a (D) next to the policy, as they won't go up against their own Republican.

Either way I'd rather burn my vote than vote for someone who imposed a literal muzzle on my face. No way, no how. I am single issue on this. I will not support anyone who believes they have the right to muzzle me.

So you would replace them with someone that expressly says they want to muzzle you even more? And doesn't want you owning guns either? I don't get it. But your vote, your choice. :dunno:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So you would replace them with someone that expressly says they want to muzzle you even more? And doesn't want you owning guns either? I don't get it. But your vote, your choice. :dunno:

Not voting Democrat, either. Again, the governor's office possesses no veto power and no legislative power in this state. The Speaker is the actual center of power in Indiana and the legislature isn't going to turn over any time soon.

Indiana GOP won't change until they pay an electoral cost. If Holcomb wants my vote, he can scrap every last mandate and restriction TODAY and issue a groveling apology to the people of Indiana.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not voting Democrat, either. Again, the governor's office possesses no veto power and no legislative power in this state. The Speaker is the actual center of power in Indiana and the legislature isn't going to turn over any time soon.

Indiana GOP won't change until they pay an electoral cost. If Holcomb wants my vote, he can scrap every last mandate and restriction TODAY and issue a groveling apology to the people of Indiana.

I do t think he really cares enough or at all about your vote. Or mine. He is beholden to a higher authority as all of them are.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Politically speaking, we said the same thing about Trump exactly 4 years ago. :dunno:

I/ We knew exactly who he was/is. He was in the spotlight his whole life.

Who is this rainwater cat again. Never EVER heard of him until I saw this on Ingo. Seriously. No fracking idea so no. We do not know squat about this man and you all want him in the big boy chair.
    Confused

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    no, POLITICALLY. Of course we knew him as a pseudo celebrity. But last we knew he was a Democrat supporter. No political experience. None. Not even dog catcher. So politically he was a nobody as well.

I dont expect you to change your mind. I get it. I just dont agree with discounting somebody just because they lack political history.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Can a governor overturn Roe v. Wade?

Immigration is a federal issue, not state, Indiana doesn't have international boarder.

https://www.ibj.com/articles/holcomb-opts-in-to-accepting-refugees

Gov. Eric Holcomb is giving the green light for federal officials to continue placing refugees in Indiana, following in the footsteps of a growing group of both Democratic and Republican governors who are opting in to the federal program.
    The move comes after President Donald Trump issued an executive order in September that, for the first time, required states and local government to provide written consent to continue to receive even a handful of the 26 million refugees worldwide.

My conscience will not allow me to vote for anyone, at any level of government, who supports infanticide.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    no, POLITICALLY. Of course we knew him as a pseudo celebrity. But last we knew he was a Democrat supporter. No political experience. None. Not even dog catcher. So politically he was a nobody as well.

I dont expect you to change your mind. I get it. I just dont agree with discounting somebody just because they lack political history.

"ANY HISTORY" my friend. ANY HISTORY. thats my point.
    Trump was a business man with at least a modicum of success depending on which end of the stick you were on with him.
    Absolutely zero idea who this rainbarrel cat is. You have to admit that was a poor choice of comparisons.

What he stated on taxes is totally untenable. I am all for smaller Gov. intrusion into our lives. But we still need services to be fully funded.

I am not trying to change your mind either as that would be pretty much the same as me changing mine but this is kinda fun.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    My conscience will not allow me to vote for anyone, at any level of government, who supports infanticide.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Planned Parenthood is partially funded by taxpayers.

If you draw a paycheck, you pay taxes, you are funding small part of it.

Does your conscience make you give up your paycheck, or refuse to pay taxes?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

AND he's climbing in the polls. He actually has a real chance to win. I won't vote Holcomb. GOP needs to put up better candidates, and if that means a Dem governor for a term so be it. I won't vote Holcomb. If it was only Holcomb and Myers, I'd leave it blank.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    AND he's climbing in the polls. He actually has a real chance to win. I won't vote Holcomb. GOP needs to put up better candidates, and if that means a Dem governor for a term so be it. I won't vote Holcomb. If it was only Holcomb and Myers, I'd leave it blank.

And, if there’s an Indiana senate vacancy during the governor’s term, that governor appoints the replacement. If that occurs while a democratic governor is in office, what party affiliation replacement do you think he or she will pick? As I said before, dumb idea. Sad that Republicans can’t get out of their own way and learn how to play the long game.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And, if there’s an Indiana senate vacancy during the governor’s term, that governor appoints the replacement. If that occurs while a democratic governor is in office, what party affiliation replacement do you think he or she will pick? As I said before, dumb idea. Sad that Republicans can’t get out of their own way and learn how to play the long game.

And this is why we will eventually loose this battle.

We fight over everything. I have conservatives friends that hate mitch denials over daylight savings time. WTAF people. With all this world has to offer in ways of a serious fight and Daylight savings time is the sword you fall on.........:faint:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Obviously the Democrat would pick a Democrat, but Holcomb could pick a RINO which is the same thing really. I personally won't encourage their bad behavior. And if that were to happen, my conscience would still be clear. GOP needs better candidates. If it costs a Senate seat, so be it. That's all short term anyway, if you want better candidates in the long run you can't vote for them out of fear based on edge case scenarios.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

This is a VERY important point. So he disagrees with federal law. He cant do anything about that any more than any of us can. Its outside his scope of control. Its a moot point when you think about it.

I disagree with the hard Libertarian stance of open borders. Unless we can also eliminate the .gov benefits that help draw them here, We cant even begin to consider open borders. That would be like having a private club with a free buffet for members opening their doors and allowing anyone to walk in off the street. Once word gets out, eventually the members paying for their membership cant support the costs borne by those outsiders that just walk in off the street and eat. Eventually that club would go under. Just like we are starting to.

But once again, what can rainwater do about either of those topics as a midwest governor? Not one thing so unless you are concerned with him springboarding to the presidency through adding "Indiana Governor" to his resume.

Rainwater can fail to get elected, while simultaneously costing Holcombe enough votes to get elected as well, thus helping to install a Democratic governor. Among other disadvantages, should death or misadventure create an opening in Indiana's representation the governor appoints a replacement - almost always from his own party regardless whether that particular district might have elected such a person. Seating a senator or a representative from the wrong party, whether at the state or national level, can have an outsized effect on problems such as you mention (think one senator - McCain - and the failure to kill Obamacare). The governor also is quite involved in the redistricting process and his veto is often the last line of defense against creeping progressivism in the legislature in the form of bad bills that manage to reach his desk

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, "I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it."

How did that work out?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Fact.

A failure by Holcomb to get enough votes to win is the causal reason Holcomb would not be elected.
    Concluding that this fact helps install a democratic governor is independent of how many votes Rainwater gets and is an analysis of effect, not a fact.

Rainwater can fail to get elected, while simultaneously costing Holcombe enough votes to get elected as well, thus helping to install a Democratic governor. Among other disadvantages, should death or misadventure create an opening in Indiana's representation the governor appoints a replacement - almost always from his own party regardless whether that particular district might have elected such a person. Seating a senator or a representative from the wrong party, whether at the state or national level, can have an outsized effect on problems such as you mention (think one senator - McCain - and the failure to kill Obamacare). The governor also is quite involved in the redistricting process and his veto is often the last line of defense against creeping progressivism in the legislature in the form of bad bills that manage to reach his desk

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Fact.

A failure by Holcomb to get enough votes to win is the causal reason Holcomb would not be elected.
    Concluding that this fact helps install a democratic governor is independent of how many votes Rainwater gets and is an analysis of effect, not a fact.

Um...no, they are quite connected.

As with almost everything in life, there can be and are multiple causes.

It's like saying: "he didn't win the race because he didn't cross the finish line first"

"What about the guy who wandered out of the infield onto the track and tripped him?"

"I said- he didn't cross the line first."

Well sure, that's the end result, but many, many things can be involved in why that is the case.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It is a zero sum game, despite your desire to deny it

Much like handwashing, the people who claim their conscience will be clear regardless of the end results are only fooling themselves

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom