• ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Back in January 2018 I bought a new F150 from Don Hinds Ford. When I bought it I bought a service package mage for oil changes, brakes, wipers etc..... Been happy with the truck. Got 99,900 miles on it now. This morning went and took it in for new oil and tire rotation. Told myself way back when it hits 100,000 miles it’s time to start looking for a new truck...... so while they are changing oil/tire rotation I go out and see what they have. And I found what I thought would be my new truck..... brand new F250 power stroke crew cab. Did a little math and figured up the payments..... that’s a winner. Well the one hour oil change soon became a two hour oil change..... right before my trucks done a weasel named Josh tells me I’m gonna be ready for my 100k service and I need brakes. I told him no problem I bought a service package that covers that..... and he replies that’s expired. Expired???? No talk of expiration when I bought it and the truck isn’t even three years old. After some back and forth I told him just give me my truck!!!! On the way home I called the salesman ( he is a great guy named Jeff Bowen) and explained to him what was going on and told him screwing me out of new brakes just cost the sale of a new power stroke truck.... did find out that the package expires at 100,000 miles so tonight on my way home it will officially expire..... just a heads up if you deal with these people they do NOT stand behind what they sell you!!!! Guess I’m more than likely gonna go buy a new Chevy diesel....

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Back in January 2018 I bought a new F150 from Don Hinds Ford. When I bought it I bought a service package mage for oil changes, brakes, wipers etc..... Been happy with the truck. Got 99,900 miles on it now. This morning went and took it in for new oil and tire rotation. Told myself way back when it hits 100,000 miles it’s time to start looking for a new truck...... so while they are changing oil/tire rotation I go out and see what they have. And I found what I thought would be my new truck..... brand new F250 power stroke crew cab. Did a little math and figured up the payments..... that’s a winner. Well the one hour oil change soon became a two hour oil change..... right before my trucks done a weasel named Josh tells me I’m gonna be ready for my 100k service and I need brakes. I told him no problem I bought a service package that covers that..... and he replies that’s expired. Expired???? No talk of expiration when I bought it and the truck isn’t even three years old. After some back and forth I told him just give me my 郎 truck!!!! On the way home I called the salesman ( he is a great guy named Jeff Bowen) and explained to him what was going on and told him screwing me out of new brakes just cost the sale of a new power stroke truck.... did find out that the package expires at 100,000 miles so tonight on my way home it will officially expire..... just a heads up if you deal with these people they do NOT stand behind what they sell you!!!! Guess I’m more than likely gonna go buy a new Chevy diesel....

Did they write up on the ticket that it needed brakes and does that ticket include the mileage? I think I'd fight to get the brakes handled under the plan.

What did the salesman say about the situation?

Was it originally represented as a lifetime maintenance package? Just trying to figure out how long you thought it lasted?

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Yes I have all the paperwork. I don’t think the salesman was to happy.... like I said he is a real good guy. Well the package was layed out you have this many oil changes, this many wipers, two sets of brakes etc. . So as long as I own that vehicle I figure I should have that to use at my discretion but even when I tried to use the brakes I paid for the weasel lied and said it expired..... which is fine lesson learned. It was not expired when I told him to put the new brakes on it and not only did it change my mind about buying from them but I’ll go out of my way to let other people know exactly “how they do business”. A brake job is cheap compared to people buying from someone else..... and I’m a D***!!!!!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Usually those warranties are good for "X miles or X years, whichever comes first". So if it was a 100,000 mile warranty, they should have honored it, and I can't imagine that it would be for less than 3 years for a 100,000 mile warranty. I know my KIA came with 10 year, 100K mile warranty. It's a 2011 so I'm at the end of it, even though I have less than 100K on it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Community Ford tried something like that on us. During the negotiation for our used van, one of the sticking points was it would need more maintenance vs a new car from another dealer.

"Fine" said the sales manager. *scribbles* "Here. Voucher for 1 free brake job." (written on the back of his card and signed.)

Cool. We did the deal. 10k later I try to use the card. "We cant accept this." We went back and forth, they cant vouch its legit, that manager isnt there any longer, etc. So I ask to speak to the general manager. I made it VERY clear that if they want to play these kinds of games, Its the last time I'll ever darken their door. He relented "this time". Close enough, but still wont ever see me back there again. I shouldnt have to fight for written promises.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The only fun I ever had buying a vehicle was buying a used Chevy S-10 out in Los Angeles. It was very nice looking wine/red color, not too many miles, ok price etc. I really needed a vehicle at that point, but only for about six months or so since I knew I was going overseas after that. Which I don't tell the salesman.

Anyway I stopped in, salesman descended on me, walked around kicking the tires etc, test drive, I mumble out loud wondering about reliability so the whole time the salesman is telling me what a great truck Chevy makes, 99% of chevies ever made still on the road, will be no problem down the road, over and over.

So we go in the office, agree on the price (cash), and he lays out the paperwork to sign. I notice that they warranty the truck for 30 days, so I stop. "This is a problem."

"What?"
    "You told me it's a great, reliable truck, but only warranty it for 30 days."
    "Yeah it IS great, you won't have any problems!"
    "Ok cool, but I want a warranty for a year."
    The Look he gave me you would have thought I had just asked him to castrate himself.
    "Uh, we can't really do that, this is the standard warranty, but you won't have any problems with it!"
    "Ok so put that in writing. It will make me feel better, and since it's a great truck and won't have any problems and 99% of Chevy trucks ever made are still on the road, then it won't cost you anything to give me a year warranty, but it will cost you a sale if you don't."
    I get The Look again, and then we repeat the same conversation about three more times, it was all I could do not to laugh when I would throw his own words about how reliable it is back at him. Then he of course pulls out the old standby: "Let me go talk to my manager."
    Twiddle thumbs, he comes back, "Manager says 6 months."
    "Deal."

It was a pretty good truck, never had any problems, drove it for six months, drove it twice across the entire US (from LA to Fort Belvoir and back), stored it for six months, drove it another couple years and then traded it for a horse trailer IIRC.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I wouldn’t mind having a Ram the Cummins is a great engine but I’ve bever had a good life out of their transmissions...... if it was a manual transmission or an Allison I’d buy it in a heartbeat. If their transmissions are actually better than they used to be

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I don’t understand what was the reason for saying your warranty was expired if you were still under 100,000 miles. I have ford esp and mine is 120,000k or 8 years. It did not cover the brakes I needed last month. I’d call back to have the brakes done in their dime.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I went to buy a truck there years ago. Was told it was part of that coming weekends aale and would not sell it to me. Their dealership and blossom, never again.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I can testify. Last month, i traded a 2017 F250 powersmoke for a 2020 F350 powersmoke. The difference in perceived power is pretty big. Also, the 10 speed tranny is light years ahead of the old 6 speed. I love my truck.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Community Ford tried something like that on us. During the negotiation for our used van, one of the sticking points was it would need more maintenance vs a new car from another dealer.

"Fine" said the sales manager. *scribbles* "Here. Voucher for 1 free brake job." (written on the back of his card and signed.)

Cool. We did the deal. 10k later I try to use the card. "We cant accept this." We went back and forth, they cant vouch its legit, that manager isnt there any longer, etc. So I ask to speak to the general manager. I made it VERY clear that if they want to play these kinds of games, Its the last time I'll ever darken their door. He relented "this time". Close enough, but still wont ever see me back there again. I shouldnt have to fight for written promises.

Oh for Poop sake my friend I would have tossed that in the trash in front of him and asked it be on company letter head. You are sharper than that.....:):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There are plenty of other Ford dealers around.
    I've only bought my current car "new" from a dealer - Ray Skillman. Mine's a KIA from his Greenwood dealership, but if his other dealerships are run similarly, then I think they're good to go. I know he has a Ford dealership in Martinsville (formerly Larry Bird's). He also has one next to his KIA dealership in Greenwood.

He's also got a pretty cool Ford "museum" at his Greenwood location. Cool cars and cool neon signs.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I've only bought my current car "new" from a dealer - Ray Skillman. Mine's a KIA from his Greenwood dealership, but if his other dealerships are run similarly, then I think they're good to go. I know he has a Ford dealership in Martinsville (formerly Larry Bird's). He also has one next to his KIA dealership in Greenwood.

He's also got a pretty cool Ford "museum" at his Greenwood location. Cool cars and cool neon signs.

His dealership next to the wendys on shadeland ave is sketchy. We bought a bmw x5 there and negotiated a rear cargo cover... could be off another x5 or ebay... just one that fits and works. 3 months later of bugging them he told me he was ordering one on ebay but had to wait because it was 430pm. I reminded him ebay was open 24 hours. 3 days later we got a cover.

We also negotiated the halo lights in the headlights be replaced as they were burned out. Service manager said they are put there by the factory but the suv did not have the option. I asked to see his or anyone's volt meter and then asked why the socket was getting power. He gave us both bulbs.

I will not take anything I drive to the service center at his dealership at 74 and post. I'd share details but this was about works vehicle.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Well, not Don Hinds Ford, but their neighbor (Napleton)Kia of Fishers last month.

Found a GMC Yukon, for $38k. I went over there, checked it out, test drove it.

Talk to the sales guy trying to find out what their best price is, I was told "The advertised price IS our lowest price".

"Also there is an accessory package called "Napleton Experience"(car wash, Lojack type locator service, etc) for a low price of $1999, will be added to the purchase price. "

Me: I don't want to pay for it, and I don't need it"

"Sorry, it's not negotiable"

Me: Ok, bye.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh for Poop sake my friend I would have tossed that in the trash in front of him and asked it be on company letter head. You are sharper than that.....:):

In the end, it was good enough. I got my brakes with only minimal hassle. The general made his decision in less time than it took for him to arrive after he was paged to the service manager's office.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes I have all the paperwork. I don’t think the salesman was to happy.... like I said he is a real good guy. Well the package was layed out you have this many oil changes, this many wipers, two sets of brakes etc. . So as long as I own that vehicle I figure I should have that to use at my discretion but even when I tried to use the brakes I paid for the weasel lied and said it expired..... which is fine lesson learned. It was not expired when I told him to put the new brakes on it and not only did it change my mind about buying from them but I’ll go out of my way to let other people know exactly “how they do business”. A brake job is cheap compared to people buying from someone else..... and I’m a D***!!!!!!

Agreed, I would have pushed for that brake job with everything I had given the details. Not that it will do you a terrible amount of good, but you might consider filing a BBB complaint.

Top Bottom