• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I just watched that video attempting to explain the point system… The bottom line is, all these firearms are going to be off the market and we are being forced to SBR the ones we already have.

What?

Is this a genuine concern?

AR rifles are more accurate than AR pistols. AR pistols are range toys.... you know, like bump stocks.

I read it on INGO.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I see no Constitutional allowance for the concept of SBR or any official act to disparage any personal weapon.
    That’s not the point. The question is if we can agree that the law, any law, for which a court could/would impose a legal punishment such as incarceration or fine on the basis of intent rather than on the actual commission of the act that violates that law.

I used the SBR as an example, but the “fuel filters” being advertised online are an equally good example. If you don’t have intent to use it as a suppressor, there is no crime in buying a chunk of metal even if it is machined into that specific form/ baffles and such. It’s not about the item, but the principle.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I just watched that video attempting to explain the point system… The bottom line is, all these firearms are going to be off the market and we are being forced to SBR the ones we already have.

And thats what stinks right there.

Not me, but a "friend" has six AR pistols. The lowers were purchased used/private party so no one really knows he has them. Now, these will all have to be registered as SBR's which kinda sucks. Of maybe "he" is just being paranoid?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    “Government is instituted to protect property of every sort; as well that which lies in the various rights of individuals, as that which the term particularly expresses. This being the end of government, that alone is a just government which impartially secures to every man whatever is his own.”

– James Madison, Essay on Property, 1792

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Anyone found any good sample comments?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wonder how many of these are out there?

Unlike the snarky bumpstock toy whiners, this device filled a real niche with many serious gun owners.

From trainers to trainies to cross country travelers, not having to ask permission to cross state lines is a pretty big thing.

Large amounts of these devices were sold as aftermarket, but many braced factory pistols were sold from nearly all of the big name companies.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    I've been trying to find a site that would list different configurations of AR/AK that would pass this. I'm thinking maybe a 7.5" upper with no brace could survive. Maybe an AK at 10" as a folder or no brace at all. There wouldn't be much.

I know this won't survive the courts, but how many people can be ruined while it plays itself out. They would be able to shut down the industry without any recourse.

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I sent in my comment. I doubt it will do any good, but I had to try.

From what I have been able to find, there are between 3 and 7 million braces in the wild. That is a lot of felons.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Okay people they are taking comments on this issue again here is a direct link to leave a comment.

Count me as one comment made.
    Aero Precision sent a link via email today. Made my comment then. I have emailed the pertinent traitors, oops, I mean legislators as well

Top Bottom